qWickie plugin for Enigma2

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
qWickie - the research and plugin for the acceleration of the booting process when enigma2

Code:
	When it's really a shame when a Dreambox even with a very slim on the image dm8000 1:45 min need to boot up TV picture comes and I actually wait for almost 1 year had little inclination to accept it, I decided to try to halt all our potential and take advantage of available resources to speed up the boot process. 

It can not be easy when I enter the init 4 and then init 3 for 15sec again as a TV picture (is owbohl All enigma2 will start again as needs) and the box still boots for so long! 

Therefore, the built-hardware are just too good and too expensive, and if the CPU can run the whole enigma2 in 15 sec what is there simply lazy! 

The Linux with all drivers is to start in about 30 seconds we have the TV picture (as you so the old QwickTV) provides, therefore, would theoretically boot times of 45 sec or at least significantly less than 60 sec can be! 

Since there is as simple perverse and Herat approaches (if anyone has problems with foreign words please to paraphrase an Worterbuch) runterzubringen the boot time and probably at the end of a combination of several measures will be purposeful, I have decided the whole in the form of a project called qWickie Just try to stop you. I know not whether and how we will reach our goal, but failed to go off when one reaches before. 

In this respect you shall not sit back and let you also work Gutemine, but to help themselves, to think, make suggestions, etc. to come together at the goal. 

So now we can download and rolled up their sleeves - and no, I do not have the thread in the craft room, because I have already tried various things that I can easily cast in a plugin which you then to the test here. 

And first let's see what YOU think of why it all takes so long - because a proper description of the problem is half the solution!

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
enigma2-plugin-extensions-qwickie_0.5_r1

Libsepol has really been missing - which is also in the BA drinnne and therefore it is not noticed me, or to test those with BA.

The 5.0_r1 but should now be complete - and if you turned up anything either, please keep in mind the only sensible klibc shell OR bash shell by debian makes - the plugin should be prevented, although the two enabelt, but one never knows.

And just as it looks like I have to really start to turn on enigma2 in the boot process if we find anything even more significant. Na ja see me, I have to stop and be creative again

THX gutemine

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
enigma2-plugin-extensions-qwickie_0.6
Code:
Thrown out with all the others here already geannnten tricks (exclusive of the plugin - which I need for the version 0.7) I come now to about 63-64 sec 

Not bad for enigma2 we have not really touched (Except Satellites.xml Skinner and slim design and no timer to parse) 

If you are still all the plugins then rausschmeißt I think should be already inside 60 seconds - now I shall have the remaining 10sec still find engima2 ;-(

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
enigma2-plugin-extensions-qwickie_0.8
Code:
Thus, the 0.8 where we now can enable optimized pythons is now at the beginning of the thread. The odd thing is that of the speed advantage in the telnet BootX hardly what remaineth but test it yourself if you so boot from Flash or CF / USB and stop reporting, I think the slower box, it would take more than the 8k and restart enigma2 in 10 sec is also not bad :-) 

Please try it in CVS images, in images where it matters only as pyc there as in GP2, I do not knows if it works! 

And restart after enable / disable of pyo please enigma2 best 2x because the first time will be deleted nor inactivated jewieils pyc or pyo files. And then stop and try to reboot :-) 

And please note the fact that ALL py files are umcompiliert easy it can happen to you at the 7025 Space in the Flash (ie starting logfile check and free space with df-h) even with a lean OoZooN in flash as I currently test ( 8 * is the place but no problem with a sleek image, so do not worry) 

Where the image will need to pyo files would be even less space, because the optimized udn somewhat smaller - just as you would have to re-pyo file load to only one so nfi what you like. How would unpack this - in BA with keepsquashfs disable, in qWickie all turn up and restart 2x, then make backup - takes 20-30 minutes to stop the squashfs to produce again!

baha2

Super VIP
enigma2-plugin-extensions-qwickie_2.1

Code:
I think I already facing what has gone wrong - I'm purely accidentally packed the qbootup script where everything is commented out with # and not the version that I use when the 8000 is active.

I told you once uploaded the Kit 2.1 & sorry - just wanted to soak up the sun a little too .-)

I'm sure but I think the bug fixed now why it would not boot with Dumbo, just my Merlin has to boot from a USB stick, now it is time for the eSATA stick.

LG
gutemine

baha2

Super VIP
qwickie_2.2

Code:
Now we have version 2.2 on the first page of qWickie finally a version that should work on all boxes with OE 1.6.

But whether this should also find out your true MuSt now!

So ipk install and everything enabeln (first the first 3 then first reboot after the rest) and report whether it still boots.

There are now at each change in the config plugin when securing the devices on the green with udev past as a copy of the new udev creates devices, let's see if this works as intended (primarily on the 7025 which has not a udev).

If you only want to you can make even the yellow devices create new, it is not really necessary but just because it is done in green also.

Otherwise there is nothing new to boot improvement indoors, but I hope that if we have more boxes to take part can also have more people to test and maybe come forward more quickly.

Have fun testing.

LG
gutemine

baha2

Super VIP
qwickie 2.3

Code:
I've promised to quickly uploaded qWickie 2.3 of where the device should be creating now fixed (simply plug into the yellow press and for the earlier versions had installed enough for Neinstallationen the enable and green)

LG
gutemine

baha2

Super VIP
qwickie_2.4

Code:
Please check all plug in and turn on the delay to 0 and can tell whether now / autofs and / media / net are back in place and there will also be mounted automatically as usual when one is accessing it.

And as I said restart enigma2 goes with it, but no shutdown from enigma2 from the first one when I'm building now finally everything started correctly.

LG
gutemine

baha2

Super VIP
qwickie_2.5

Code:
Apparently it does not always interested in what we do here. But anyway, on the first page is where a 2.5 system reboot, despite full enabel qWickie and should just work out of the enigma2 menu again.

So testing times already, before there is nothing new anyway.

Apart from the problem that the start channel and sometimes denied it even if it has to zap 1x a FTA channel is actually everything should now go on all the boxes, but the need to find out your self if I have it right.

PS: From my Delock boots so now my image in 39-40 seconds

LG
gutemine

baha2

Super VIP
qwickie_2.6

Code:
Well I've just made ​​one on the first page of 2.6 qWickie where the image at boot without zap already works much better - but when I kick the kick starter 5 times and say finally play the damn service that you report it as active.

So it's 'mostly' in the boot image comes, sometimes even sound, sometimes nothing at all :-(

So I think we should consider all the better for his use with Best Startup transmitter plug together, because once you go there so 1x switches.

But that is more of a problem in the enigma2 even if it goes according to moon phase times and sometimes not.

I think for this weekend, we bring it back probably no better test times in the continuous operation if it is reasonably suitable for everyday use, then we'll see, and maybe I find it still a something.

Because in principle, is evidence that the boot times of 45-60sec on ​​the first page are technically not a real problem are given so long ago and you should think about it why DMM makes our life so difficult.

LG
gutemine

PS: Merlin now boots from the SATA stick with the 2.6 too - just 45sec from power button until the screen. And image Kahm now 3x in a row, so this is definitely a timing issue within enigma2 for which I can not really know what.