nfi image

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
yes, clone...all Kaputt

Needs sending back mate it was indeed a driver time bomb

The solution is not something everyone can do

have received more information from the supplier on how to fix this issue. Basically they are recommending me to desolder a chip and they will send out a new one for me to replace. The chip that needs replaced is the Samsung k9f2g08u0b (or thats what it is on my board). Its the chip nearest the card reader assembly.

However this is beyond my comfort level, I have a decent skill level with electronics but resoldering a chip that looks like it was flow soldered to the board originally is not my kind of fun. Therefore i have decided to send my motherboard back to let them do it.

I thought I would share this info so that others with a bit more skill and bravery can attempt it. The chips are available to buy through the "baba quick" place.

Hope this helps somebody.

Good luck.

bubumt

Registered
Samsung k9f2g08u0b

Does an empty Samsung k9f2g08u0b fix the problem or does it need to be programed prior the solder.....

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Does an empty Samsung k9f2g08u0b fix the problem or does it need to be programed prior the solder.....

Empty chip needs the bootloader flashing to it via jtag.

You can get them flashed with an image. But there is now a jtag solution for the solo2 clones.