ur image (20/1/10)

redsox63

Registered
i have installed the 20/1/10 ur image.
i have loaded my channel list and a key downloader from a*sat and this downloads keys ok ie for d*gi tv (i installed the key downloader files manually).
the problem i have is that i tried to download a new skin via the remote but i get the message download failed check your connection settings. my settings look to be ok. i can talk to my box using dcc,tcc and dreamset.
i was able to download items through my remote using my previous image (ds image)
any ideas were the problem might lie.
is there any way to change a skin manually
thanks for any replies

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Try reboot all your kit from a powered down state mate.

Kill power to TM and router then reboot see if that works first.

Ferret

ToneDeff

Registered
can you connect to your box over local network ok ?

if so telnet into it and do
ping google.com
if that doesn't work try
ping 216.239.59.104

if the i.p works but google doesn't then i'd say it's a DNS problem check your "Nameserver" settings in LAN, if your not sure then just put this
208.67.222.222 it's a free dns service "opendns" i use it on my TM600 with UR fine.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

On remote

Menu-Setup-Expert setup-Comunications.

Is network and DHCP ticked?

If not tick them and then reboot router and TM

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You should not have to do this but in your router settings open up port 80 to the IP of your TM. Reboot it all and then try a download from the server?

Ferret

redsox63

Registered
will this be under the section port forwarding in my router. if so exactly what do i have to do in there. sorry for being a bit thick but don't want to mess my router up
cheers ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
In the port range put 80 in start and end on protocol for now select both. In IP put the IP of the TM.

Port forwarding usually if found in applications a gaming.

Ferret

redsox63

Registered
hi ferret
before i apply the settings in my router just wanted to make sure what i was entering was correct.

under CUSTOM PORT FORWARDING
application - tm500
source ip address - my tm ip address
destination ip address - nothing
destination start port - 80
destination port map - nothing
protocol - tcp
source netmask - nothing
destination netmask - 255.255.255.255
destination port end - 80

is this how it should look or should there be any other values entered
cheers ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Is the destination ip address incomming or out going?

What is the model of your router?

Ferret

ToneDeff

Registered
shouldn't need port forwarding to connect from the TM to internet only if you want other people ot be able to connect to it. and i would say opening port 80 is never a good idea :p

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
shouldn't need port forwarding to connect from the TM to internet only if you want other people ot be able to connect to it. and i would say opening port 80 is never a good idea :p

Port 80 is open anyway by default on most routers it has to be so no he should not need to open it after all port 80 is (HTTP) but some routers have a auto security setup thats block it to all but the master PC IP, if it shuts he wont be able to connect to anything with his TM as it will get blocked. I remember this been the case on a mates Orange router.

I doubt this will be the case here but you have to eliminate things to progress.

Ferret

redsox63

Registered
hi
port forwarding still doesn't change anything.
i have reverted back to ds team image and everything downloads ok from remote.
really appreciate the help but i think i will stick to ds image for a while unless anyone has any other ideas
cheers

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Strange that mate, what version UR image was it you used. Never ever seen any problems concerning addons download though on any version.

maybe the image was corrupt. You could alway try a reflash but before you do do a factory reset then flash a original image first then the UR image.

Ferret

redsox63

Registered
hi ferret
i have tried ur 14/10/09 and 20/1/10 and both are the same.
i will try factory reset/technomate image then reflash the ur image.
i will let you know how i get on.
cheers