No Henry deal with Barca

McFLY

Registered
THIERRY HENRY’S representative last night dismissed claims he had agreed a deal with Barcelona as “absolute garbage.”

Jerome Anderson, who has looked after the Arsenal star for several years, hit out at reports in France and Spain.

He told The Sun: “I can categorically state that I never had a meeting with anyone representing Barcelona. The whole thing is garbage.”

France Football magazine claims that Anderson met with Barcelona director of finance Ferran Soriano in the south of France to agree a £37million three-year deal for Arsene Wenger’s star striker, 29.

But furious Anderson said: “I did not meet with anyone — whether in the south of France or anywhere on this planet.

“I have read the article in the French magazine and there is not one element of truth in the story and they will be hearing from my lawyers.

“I’ve not been to the south of France for years. Where this comes from I have absolutely no idea.

“Nobody checked these claims with anyone involved in the story. It is scandalous.’’

Henry added: "Nothing is done. I repeat, nothing.

"Writing about a meeting that never took place is absolute rubbish.

"At this moment I am an Arsenal player and in the same situation as I was last year.

"Last season people were announcing all over the place that I was leaving.

"Some people wrote that it would happen for sure but at the end of the day I stayed at Arsenal. It could be the same this year.

"I've not taken any decision and my name is not up on any departures board. If something happens, I will tell everybody."