Oscam-emu can not start.

tuvalo

Registered
The latest 11509 doen't work for me. root @ gb800se: /usr/bin# oscam oscam: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Last edited:

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
As mentioned n previous posts that error is caused due to the missing of libcrypto 0.9.8 in your receiver.
In future oscams that will be fixed with the intergration of libcrypto inside the binary.

For the moment you can solve the error with the instalation of libcrypto 0.9.8 in your receiver

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
For this error in running oscam:
error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

put the file libcrypto 0.9.8 in directory /usr/lib

Give the premission 755 and after that, run oscam.

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
What is the error, you can see in photo the mipse20 works fine.

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
Connect via telnet, via ip of your box.

Write cd /usr/bin
oscam &

Write the error here

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
Sorry for you, i think that any library is missing, that cause the error.

spanner123

Registered
Don't know what's going on with latest versions of oscam-emu but first Juli13 versions would not start and now MadMax latest version 11514-795 will not start!

LiskoFINAL

Registered
size is bigger because all necessary crypto functions are copied from libcrypto and are included in the binary. That what's "static linking" means.

On the other hand, "dynamic linking" means that the oscam binary will use an external libcrypto for whatever crypto function it needs.

Regarding descramblers...
Make a log with debug 128. It must include the boot up of oscam-emu, because any error message will be at the beginning.
Hi nautilus7 and thank you for your amazing work. About descramblers: I have a dreambox dm900 and oscam-patched only sees 8 descramblers and 64 filters, is that the maximum of the box? Oscam logs show that it found /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 device and that there are 8 descramblers but under /dev/dvb/adapter0/ there are other ca devices as well (ca0 to ca7) maybe if oscam could use them all the number could increase? Or every ca device is only one descrambler so 8 of them are the actual number? Because from reading the log seems that only one (ca0) device is used. Forgive me if I said a lot of bullshits, I'm trying to figure out how things works...

nautilus7

VIP
Hi, in my edision box, asking only one (any one) ca device, I get the total number of descramblers. Maybe this is different in your box and we need to ask all ca devices? I am not sure. They all use SoCs from Broadcom, so they should behave the same...

What you can do is try with a previous version (794 - where this change was not made). In this version, the descrambler number was hardcoded to 16 for all enigma2 stbs.

So, using 794, you can try opening 3-4-5 powervu channels (zap to 1st one, add recording, zap to a 2nd, add recording, and so on) until you get a black screen. You can use the 0.8W or 4.8E powervu channels.

Don't forget to enable debug log 128. Also make sure that your log size setting is 2000KB or more, so I get all info.

If you can watch/record more that 2 powervu channels, then something needs fixing in the new version.

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
I build that oscam with static libcrypto.

Test it and let's see if works for you, I can not test it because my receiver has not free space for that oscam.

So that oscam has inside all the function of libcrypto and is indipendent from the libcryto of your image.