Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Tv Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Technomate SCART model not displaying anything

Satellite Tv Chat

Old 09-08-2019, 11:44  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Technomate SCART model not displaying anything

I have an older technomate satellite receiver which only has SCART connections. I used to have a Panasonic TV that came with a proprietary connection that allowed me to connect the receiver to the TV. However, I replaced the TV last year and the new one no longer has this facility.

I therefore bought a SCART to HDMI connector but can get absolutely nothing.

I know the unit is working as it powers up and all the lights are blue on the front, so it looks just as it should.

I've connected my 19.2 E dish but when I go to the relevant HDMI input, the screen is totally blank. I'm not even getting a menu. I've pressed various buttons on the front to see if that makes any difference but it didn't. I've turned the unit off altogether and back on again - same problem.

I've swapped out the HDMI cable but no joy. The SCART cable is new.

I therefore don't know what the problem is or what I might be doing wrong. I'm assuming that even if the problem's with the satellite cable connection, I still ought to see something on the screen to alert me to this.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-08-2019, 12:42  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,432 Times in 595 Posts

You could just buy a second hand hd technomate for £30 or so on ebay/gumtree and have better stb and no hassle.
Old 17-08-2019, 07:32  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/...RTERS-TO-AVOID
DM800SE
DM800HD
VU+duo
谢谢
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to technodvl2 For This Useful Post:
ABARKIE (Yesterday), manic01 (17-08-2019)