Satellite with BISS Keys

welshmatt983

Registered
Hi guys I am new here just wondering if someone could explain how the sat with biss keys work for live feeds?

What equipment would I need, is it just a dish and a box like box like Vu Solo etc?

Does the dish have to be a motorised one?

Do you just search for a feed and look to see if a biss key on here? Is the biss key like a password?

Sorry I have no idea how it all works, so just trying to figure out how it all works?

Apparently a lot of the time the pictures you get from the feeds are faster than normal TV pictures as they are raw un-edited?

izik888

Registered
You will slowly learn everything But now you will start with the easy stuff

1 - Buy DVB card for PC
2 - Install ProgDVB software
3 - Follow the keys posted here every day
4 - You can start with a fixed satellite dish without a motor

kebien

Registered
This is another good way to start:
Read the forum rules.
Present yourself to the new members section,in that way you appear to be courteous and amicable and other members will welcome you to the forum.
Play nice,what you want to know is everywhere in this forum,please read the section's stickies where there are guides to follow.

welshmatt983

Registered
You will slowly learn everything But now you will start with the easy stuff

1 - Buy DVB card for PC
2 - Install ProgDVB software
3 - Follow the keys posted here every day
4 - You can start with a fixed satellite dish without a motor

Thanks for clearing it up, are there any DVB cards you would recommend to get started?

Any idea if I could use my current sky dish or would I need to buy an additional dish?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Sky dish is neither big enough or sufficient to try lock on feeds it was intended for locking on one satellite [ Sky TV ] 28.2 East only and even that much is even highly questionable ...in other words tiny sky dishes are designed NOT to last and therefor are always giving problems with any sort of weaker type signals:D

For feeds and feed hunting size always matters [ That's what she said! :D ]
if you can't put up a big dish then you are defeated before you start most feed hunters on here use a minimum of 1 meter dish and up , i use a 2 meter prime focus dish myself but if you are in an area with a good clearance east-west you should be okay with a 1 meter or 1.1m dish Traix or Gibertini satellite dish and a TM2600 H-H Disecq Motor and T & K Brackets with Golden Media Universal LNB ,
And TM5402 M3 HD is a good cheap box to start with for Blind scanning and opening BISS Feeds .

Francescone

Thanks for clearing it up, are there any DVB cards you would recommend to get started?

I suggest an USB device like TBS5927 or TBS5925. They are external devices, so your computer does not become too hot, and they work very very well for feed hunting and viewing.