MAT - Flash and backuptool for Azboxes

amyren

Registered
I just noticed this tool today, I did not know it existed before now.
Although the tool is not new (last updated 14 dec 2015), it is still more recent than Azup. I think azup 2.2.7 is from late 2012, with a special update release for larger DOM released mid 2014. But v2.2.8 I cant get to run on any of my pc's since windows 10, so my only choice so far was the 2.2.7 portable version.
As you can read below, the tool has some options so you can choose how the DOM is partitioned. Perhaps this can be used to set a bit more space for the image on standard DOM.

This information was posted on the satimps forum, by user named Zeini:
A new flash and backuptool for Azboxes is available. It is named MAT and is developed by Morly from HDMU-team. It is more secure as Azup. With this tool it is also possible to segment the DOM in better ways.
You can download this tool for Linux, Mac and Win-PC.

hxxp://www.hdmedia-universe.com/board/UploadCenter.php?do=download&downloadid=91

amyren

Registered
update:
I dont have my azbox available, but I just ran the program to have a look at it.
I then realized that for windows you will need to also download a dll-pack archive and extract them into the MAT program folder.
From the same download site as above you will find the download link for the dll-pack on the right side, under the headline "Mehr von diesem User". English: "more from this user"

And also, looking at the list "more from this user", you will notice there is an update available, MAT v2.4.4.1
Its updated in april 2016, and is for Win and Linux only.

btw, MAT stands for Morly's STB Admin Tool

amyren

Registered
I just tested this tool with my Azbox Premium, and I discovered that v2.4.4.1 is not working for me.
It will connect to the box, but it seems it will hang when checking box CPU type.
v2.4.3 did work and passed the CPU test.

I did use the tool and successfully flashed an E2 image with it.

To use it, the tool wants to connect to your box when the image is running. And the tool will automaticly reboot your Azbox in recovery mode.
If I set the box in receovery mode manually, then the tool will not connect.

I also did manage to make a backup of my image, resulting in a .e2 file.

Here is a warning. I did manage to mess one of my Image, so it began a loop of restarting.
I did then put the box manually in receover mode. The MAT tool did not succed to connect, so I did start AzUp 2.2.7
to flash a new image.
I decided to try one of my recently made backups from the OpenESi 6.0 image.
AzUP did flash and eventually showed the Rebooting message. But the box did not reboot itself, so after a while I turned off and on the power.
Then I got into the "stuck on booting" situation for the first time for me.
Luckily I was able to recover it with a serial connection.

Now I think I will delete both those .e2 backups I did make earlier, to avoid getting in this situation again.

But I have not tested restoring a backup using the MAT tool, but I am not sure if that would work either.

Have anybody else successfully restored an .e2 image backup with this tool?

amyren

Registered
Update: After I did receover my box from being stuck with the booting message, I did install latest HDMU.
Then when trying to connect with MAT 2.4.3, but it failed to connect.
Then I tried MAT 2.4.4.1 and now it did work.
I guess that this is image dependent for what MAT version that will work.