Is Samsung DSR-9500 VIA EM patchable?

Viking61

Registered
I am considering buying a tuner that is called Samsung DSR-9500 VIA EM on an auction. Is it possible to patch this tuner?

I have read on other forums that the DSR9500A or (AY, AX, AZ, A ViaCI) is acually DSR9510, and does not support EMU. So I want to be sure the tuner I'm considering to buy is not one of them.

Another question. Do you have to do any soldering inside the tuner to do the patching? I read a How-To on another forum, and that involved soldering. As I don't feel up to that task, I will stay away from this tuner if that is necessary. :cool:

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Only samsung 9500 VIA CI can be patched with an emu. All others are no go. So you better stay away from it.

Viking61

Registered
I must admit that I am a little bit confused. One of you guys says that only model "9500 VIA CI" can be patched, and the other says that 9500 VIA EM also can be patched.

To make it short and easy. Has anyone successfully patched a "Samsung 9500 VIA EM"?

Last edited:

kremenko

Registered
yes ,2 models can patched ,but try to find model with old loader as newer serie of samsung need to be changed loader to older version and contacts for sammsung 9500 (z) versionis protected by some kind og glue so need to conect wires under side of motherboard [IMG

Last edited:

kremenko

Registered
this models can patches,if you need how to info let ke know or somebody explain me how to upload this faq with posts
patchable ->SAMSUNG 9500 (EM VIA)-(Z)-(VIA CI)

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
@Viking61 sorry about misleading answer. I haven't been into samsung for couple of years now and as far as I knew only via ci could be patched, at least with mahdi's emu. But you are better of listening to oys or someone else on that subject.
@kremenko, everyone can upload in this section:
http://www.sat-universe.com/forum169/public-sat-upload.html
but you've been given permission to upload so you can do it anywhere you want.

kremenko

Registered
thanks oys

this is also new to me:thum:
it is to difficult to follow everything :dog3:
regards

Viking61

Registered
So if I understand you guys correctly, you say that "DSR 9500 VIA EM" can be patched. But if the loader is a newer version, I have to do something inside the tuner to downgrade it to the older version. Have I got it right?

To Kremenko: If you can upload the HowTo for patching DSR 9500 I would appreciate it very much.

Viking61

Registered
Can old firmware be saved?

I have now received the DSR9500 EM VIA receiver and it has following setup:

System Information:

Loader Version : 501
Main Software Version: 120
Hardware Version: 503

Is it just to go ahead and flash the firmware, or is it something else I need to do first?

One more question. Is it possible to save the old firmware so I can go back to that if something goes wrong?

Viking61

Registered
Does the receiver have to be in a special mode?

Thanks oys.

I have upgraded the software through the Hotbird satellite and I now have Software version 133 like most others.

One more question. Does the receiver has to be in a special mode when I flash the firmware? I saw on another site they said to hold in the right arrow when you turn the receiver on, so it will show "3-01" on the display. Shall I also do this before using DSR Studio 1.1 to send the firmware?

I would like to save the old firmware as a backup, but the "Dump FW" button in DSR Studio 1.1 is not active. What do I have to do to make this button active so I can dump the old fw to my PC?

Viking61

Registered
Everything is working now

Just wanted to say that patching the new firmware went OK and that everything is working now. Even TPS. :thum: