Derby and Celtic agree Miller fee

McFLY

Registered
Celtic have agreed a fee with Derby County for the transfer of Scotland striker Kenny Miller to the English Premier League club.

It is now up to the 27-year-old to decide whether he wants to move to Pride Park.

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan insisted this week that he did not want to lose the player he signed from Wolves.

But there had been reports that Miller was keen to move in order to secure regular first-team football.

"Nobody is on the transfer list and we don't want to see anybody going out the door," said Strachan. "We love our squad the way it is.

"I hope Kenny is still here on Saturday morning. I definitely hope so, I can't see him going anywhere.

"I like Kenny, he has done very well for us."

Speculation about Miller's future arose after he failed to score on a regular basis and Celtic signed strikers Scott McDonald and Chris Killen during the summer.

Miller scored three goals in two games before a hamstring injury ruled him out of Saturday's 5-0 win over Hearts and Wednesday's Champions League qualifier with Spartak Moscow.

But there had been information emerging from Celtic Park that the club would listen to offers for Miller, fellow striker Maciej Zurawski and midfielder Thomas Gravesen.

Gravesen has since moved to Everton on loan.

Miller's agent, David Baldwin, stressed that Miller still had three years of his contract still to run and that Celtic had rejected a bid from Newcastle United for the striker in January.

Celtic insisted that nobody had been transfer listed and Strachan has added that there are unlikely to be any new arrivals either before Friday's signing deadline.

"I can't see anyone coming in, although I can't guarantee it," he said.

"Something fantastic might turn up, but I can't see it.

"As for people going out, it's not for me to decide that, it's for other people to make a bid for players, but there have been no bids in recent days.

"If the bid is astronomical or beneficial then we must think of that because it's a business.

"But I would imagine that our targets will be in January next year."