Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > C-Band Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Can't get the signal from Intelsat 20, 68.5 E

C-Band Chat

Old 16-08-2016, 13:30  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Default Can't get the signal from Intelsat 20, 68.5 E

Hi, I am having a problem to getting feed 3780V7120 on Intelsat20. My dish is 240cm. Location - Tbilisi, Georgia. The footprint shows quite good signal in this area.
Any ideas how can I improve my system to get that feed, because it is my first C-Band dish, so maybe I am missing something.

Thank you guys!!
The Following User Says Thank You to minrut For This Useful Post:
empb (16-08-2016)
Old 16-08-2016, 21:03  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Hello minrut!

What signal-strenght do you have on other transponders?
Do you receive with this Dish also Ku-Band - or is and was it ever a C-Band Dish?

Which Receiver are you using?

Regards EbenDer!
Old 17-08-2016, 11:01  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Hi EbenDer,
Thanks for your answer!!

This dish is only for C-band.
I am using TBS6925 PCI card as a hardware and DVBdream v 2.8.1 as software.
Other transponders signals are:
1. 3900 V 10370 (Nimbus1) - level 80% / quality 68% (I get these numbers from DVBdream).
2. 3900 H 22222 (Sony ESPN SD) - level 81% / quality 91%.
3. 3974 H 19500 (WB India) - level 82% / quality 98%.
Old 18-08-2016, 21:28  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Hello minrut,

that sounds good fo me - maybe 3780 V 7120 is on a different Beam and not to reach in Georgia!

Regards EbenDer!
Old 19-08-2016, 10:20  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Hi EbenDer,
This (3780 V 7120) frequency is a sports feed. One out of five times I get good signal. Maybe when i can't get it, the broadcaster just gives weak signal? Maybe the bigger dish would help? Or it is possible to make signal stronger some other way?

Thank You.
Old 19-08-2016, 15:49  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Hi,

Some feeds are on the satellite but in different beams, for example, Eutelsat 28.2E wich have 3 different beams and is only one sat, some channels are on UK beam and i dont get in Portugal and others in france get them.

I hope u get the problem.
Regards
minrut (20-08-2016)
Old 19-08-2016, 22:21  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by minrut View Post
Hi EbenDer,
One out of five times I get good signal. Maybe when i can't get it, the broadcaster just gives weak signal? Maybe the bigger dish would help? Or it is possible to make signal stronger some other way?

Thank You.
Possible, yes!

Regards EbenDer!
Old 20-08-2016, 11:05  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanks guys for your help!!
Old 30-08-2016, 00:23  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 35,234 Times in 5,338 Posts

Try again without flagstone
Old 30-08-2016, 16:06  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_fadel View Post
Try again without flagstone
Sorry didn't understood, what you had in mind.