Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Latest La Liga News

EXCLUSIVE Football News

Old 19-07-2009, 19:45  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 14,662 Times in 5,491 Posts

REAL - NO GUNNERS BID FOR KLAAS

Real Madrid general director Jorge Valdano has dismissed reports Arsenal have made a bid for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

The Gunners have been linked with a move for the Dutch striker as a potential replacement for Manchester City target Emmanuel Adebayor.

North London rivals Tottenham are also reported admirers of Huntelaar, who is set to leave Real just six months after his arrival from Ajax.

Stuttgart have had an offer accepted by Real, but Huntelaar is rumoured to be stalling on a move to the German club as he awaits any further interest.

However, Valdano has confirmed that Stuttgart remain the only club to have made a concrete offer which is acceptable to Real.

"Only one formal offer exists and that is Stuttgart's," stated Valdano to the Spanish media.

Meanwhile, Stuttgart coach Markus Babbel says he is happy to wait for Huntelaar to make a decision regarding a move to the Bundesliga.

Babbel said: "The important thing is that I know that we are working on a transfer, and not only that of Huntelaar, but also alternatives.

"He is a player that we really like, now it is down to him. But whether that is tomorrow or next week, that's not so important."

The Following User Says Thank You to sky star 2 For This Useful Post:
silver01 (16-01-2011)
Old 19-07-2009, 19:46  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

VALLADOLID CLINCH MANUCHO DEAL

Steven Gerrard has underlined his commitment to Liverpool as his midfield colleague Xabi Alonso nears the Anfield exit door.

As Gerrard prepares to lead Liverpool in their second pre-season friendly on Sunday against Rapid Vienna in the Austrian capital, the chances of the Reds skipper and Alonso both being on the plane later that night heading for the club's Far East tour are increasingly remote.

Real Madrid officials are working to avoid Alonso having to travel with Liverpool for games in Thailand and Singapore next week, and it is believed negotiations are continuing over a likely £30million transfer.

But for Gerrard, the desire for glory with Liverpool and England burns as brightly as ever.

Gerrard has made it clear that he wants the Barclays Premier League title, another Champions League success and a World Cup victory with England before he considers coaching and management at the end of his career.

"I still have many more dreams, and that means winning the Premier League because that is the only medal that is missing from my own personal collection," he told UEFA's official website.

"And it would be really nice to go to a tournament with England and to be successful, so that means the World Cup next summer for me.

"I want to go one better than a quarter-final, which is the farthest so far that I have gone in a tournament.

"It's the last four and the final that I now am aiming for. And I want another success in the Champions League too.

"People could see my reaction when I lifted that trophy in 2005, how much it means to me, my team-mates and the supporters. That was the best night of my career and I want to match it and experience that success again."

Once his playing career ends - and he has intimated that his current contract taking him to 33 will be his last - Gerrard already has plans to remain occupied.

He said: "Now I am thinking about what I will do at the end of my career, I'm not getting any younger.

"It would be nice to stay involved in the game. I'm not sure at what level as either a manager or a coach or even going into the media. I want to stay involved because football is so important to me."

Gerrard's partnership with Alonso at the heart of Liverpool's side, however, looks to be over.

With Alonso having made it clear to manager Rafael Benitez that he wants to leave the club, the Spanish manager has been determined to get the very best price for the 27-year-old.

The end of the agreement this weekend with Alonso's former club Real Sociedad that would have seen 20% of any sell-on fee going to the Basque club gives Liverpool and Madrid some negotiating room.

Holland midfielder Wesley Sneijder is now being linked in a player-plus-cash compromise. Benitez could also use the Alonso fee to buy Valencia's attacking midfielder David Silva.

Benitez has other targets, and has again been linked with Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani, despite the player's agent ruling out a move earlier in the week.

Roma coach Luciano Spalletti said: "We need to be open and listen to any type of offers that are proposed to us."

Roma director Bruno Conti added: "The situation as it is right now is that Aquilani will remain until there is a club that makes an offer."

Javier Mascherano, a target for Barcelona, rejoined the Liverpool squad last night and will be involved against Vienna. He has held talks with Benitez and been told he will not be sold.

Liverpool are about to announce the signing of one new player, 16-year-old Danish midfielder Nikolaj Kohlert from Esbjergs.

The player and his agent Allan Nielsen have been in talks today in Liverpool. Nielsen said earlier: "The only thing remaining is the personal contract.

"I see no immediate problems in the clubs agreeing. This is a fantastic opportunity for a 16-year-old and he is ready both as a person and as a footballer. He will probably start in the academy on a scholarship before he turns 17.

"After that it will be the reserve team and then he will get a professional contract for three years with an additional option for Liverpool.

"It is a really good contract. All that's remaining now is to get the details in place."

silver01 (16-01-2011)
Old 19-07-2009, 19:47  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Talking

MILAN REMAIN IN CHASE FOR LUIS FABIANO

Manchester United have confirmed the sale of Angolan striker Manucho to Spanish outfit Real Valladolid.

Former assistant manager Carlos Queiroz alerted United to Manucho 18 months ago and the burly forward was handed a three-year contract after a brief trial period.

However, despite spending spells on loan with Greek outfit Panathinaikos and Hull City, where he impressed at the end of last season, he never looked like becoming a regular at Old Trafford.

The African's United debut came in a League Cup win over Middlesbrough last September and his only Premier League appearance for the club was as a substitute against Stoke a few months later.

Even after the departures of Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez, it was clear Manucho would not be part of Ferguson's plans this season and he was omitted from the travelling squad for the present tour of the Far East.

silver01 (16-01-2011)
Old 19-07-2009, 19:48  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

BARCA FAIL AGAIN IN VILLA HUNT

Valencia president Manuel Llorente has revealed Los Che have turned down another offer from Barcelona for David Villa.

Barca have long been linked to the Spain striker but have yet to produce the "scandalous" offer Llorente has demanded.

And the Valencia president revealed his Barca counterpart Joan Laporta put in another bid on Wednesday night believed to be 42million euros.

"Laporta called me and I repeated to him that we are not willing to sell the footballer," Llorente told AS.

Reports in Spain suggest Villa himself is ready to pay the 7million euro difference between Barca's bid and the 50million Valencia want in order to secure a move to the Nou Camp.

The 27-year-old could relinquish part of his salary he is said to already have agreed with the treble winners to fund the deal.

silver01 (16-01-2011)
Old 19-07-2009, 19:48  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

TEVEZ REVEALS REAL REJECTION

Carlos Tevez has revealed he rejected the chance to join former Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid.

Instead Tevez opted for a move to Manchester City after his extended loan deal at United ended, signing a lucrative five-year deal at Eastlands.

"Real made an offer but there was no agreement," Tevez told the Nation newspaper during a promotional visit to Abu Dhabi with his new club.

"There were talks about deals and agreements but in the end it was only City. They showed lots of interest in me and are intent on growing and signing big players.

"I am sad to leave United but I am excited to join City. I'm thinking about the future and I will grow with this club."

Meanwhile manager Mark Hughes is continuing his pursuit of Emmanuel Adebayor and John Terry.

Hughes remains determined to land the two men even though there are suggestions that Adebayor is not keen to leave Arsenal for Eastlands while Chelsea are adamant Terry is not for sale.

Adebayor knows as well that there is stiff competition for places in attack at City following the arrivals of Tevez and Roque Santa Cruz with Craig Bellamy also on board.

Terry is Chelsea's defensive rock but Hughes believes the England international is ready for a new challenge.

"We do need new players," Hughes told the Gulf News. "We are still in discussions (over Adebayor) and the talks will continue.

"We have got attacking-minded players but we are looking to bring other players to the club before the transfer window closes.

"We are also looking to strengthen the defence. Every transfer deal is difficult and has different problems.

"There are areas which we need to address but we are happy with our progress."

Meanwhile Hughes will take his side to Abu Dhabi for warm weather training this winter.

The trip will include a match against the United Arab Emirates national team on November 12.

Chief executive Garry Cook said: "This game is another way for us to interact with the community at a grassroots level."

silver01 (16-01-2011)
Old 19-07-2009, 19:49  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

INIESTA PROMISES BEST IS YET TO COME

Barcelona ace Andres Iniesta insists his best is yet to come.

The midfield maestro earned plaudits at home and abroad for a stunning campaign last season and was one of the main driving forces behind Barca's treble-winning push.

However, Iniesta, who is also a key member of the Spain side, believes the Barca fans have not seen the best of him yet.

"I think that everything can be surpassed," he told Catalan radio station RAC1.

"This year I lost two or three months in total because of injuries.

"I am 25 years old, I like how I am at the moment and I think the best is still to come."

Arch rivals Real Madrid have already splashed out over 200million euros on Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Karim Benzema and Raul Albiol as they look to build a squad capable of challenging Pep Guardiola's men.

Things have been much quieter at the Nou Camp where Maxwell is set to become Barca's first summer signing tomorrow.

However, Iniesta is unperturbed by the lack of reinforcements.

"People should continue having confidence in the team," he said.

"There is still time left in the transfer market and I assume the club is working on it.

"But I think that there are players of a very high level in the team at the moment and I don't think we have to be jealous of anyone.

"(Kaka and Ronaldo) are players of a very high level.

"We have to see how they get on but we shouldn't forget that we have to look at ourselves and no-one else.

"We have shown that when Barca is good we don't have to pay attention to the rest."

silver01 (16-01-2011)
Old 19-07-2009, 19:49  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

NOU CAMP TO BE MAXWELL HOUSE

NEWS
Picture Maxwell - on his way to Barca.

NOU CAMP TO BE MAXWELL HOUSE

E-mail this article E-mail Article Print this article Print-Friendly Subscribe to sportinglife RSS feed Subscribe to RSS Feed
Digg this story post this story to del.icio.us - social bookmarking site Post to del.icio.us Facebook
Bet on transfer window specials with Sky Bet!
Click here to follow us on Twitter!
Click here for our special Transfer Centre!
Click here for more football headlines!

Brazilian defender Maxwell will be unveiled as a Barcelona player on Friday afternoon, subject to a medical, the Catalan club have announced.

Barca reached an agreement with Inter Milan on Wednesday night over a transfer fee which could rise to 5million euros and Maxwell will arrive in Spain on Friday for physical tests.

"The player Maxwell is scheduled to arrive at Barcelona this Friday at around midday," read a statement on the Barcelona website. "The Brazilian will undergo a medical and, after signing his contract with Barcelona, will be presented."

The 27-year-old, who has been with Inter since 2006, will fill the left-back spot at the Nou Camp vacated by the departure of Sylvinho earlier this summer.

Should everything go smoothly Maxwell will be presented as the treble winners' first summer signing at around 7.30 pm local time.

silver01 (16-01-2011)
Old 19-07-2009, 19:50  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

BAYERN THREATEN TO REPORT REAL

Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness has threatened to report Real Madrid to FIFA if the Spanish club continue in their bid to sign Franck Ribery.

Madrid are keen to make the 26-year-old their fourth galactico signing of the summer following the arrivals of Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema.

The Primera Division giants have been relentless in their pursuit of Ribery despite Bayern's repeated insistence the France midfielder is not for sale and Hoeness is coming to the end of his tether.

"Madrid have lost respect," he told Spanish sports daily AS. "If this continues we will report them to FIFA.

"People such as (Emilio) Butragueno or (Zinedine) Zidane are speaking out and they should not be doing so because they are talking about a player who has a contract with us.

"The only legitimate people to talk are Florentino Perez and Jorge Valdano.

"We will report the Madrid club to FIFA if they continue like this.

"We haven't done so yet because of respect for Butragueno and Jose Luis Lopez Serrano."

Hoeness also revealed that a deadline imposed on the possible sale of Ribery has now expired.

The Bayern chief claims that Madrid, as well as other clubs who had signalled their interest in the Frenchman, had been informed of the deadline, which expired before the start of the Bundesliga club's pre-season training camp in Donaueschingen.

"It has been clearly formulated that Franck is staying with us," Hoeness told a press conference. "There was a 14-day deadline set for the Ribery issue [to be resolved] and this expired yesterday.

"All of the clubs knew about that."

Hoeness also took a swipe at Ribery's agent, who has been trying to force a move for his client.

"He should finally have understood that you cannot get around Bayern Munich like you can with other clubs," he added.

Ribery is currently unable to train fully because of a knee injury which forced him to break off training for the second time on Monday, but should slowly return to action during their two-week stay in Donaueschingen.

However, he is unlikely to be fit for this weekend's mini tournament with Schalke, Hamburg and Stuttgart in Gelsenkirchen.

silver01 (16-01-2011)
Old 19-07-2009, 19:50  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

NO ROVERS MOVE FOR ZIGIC

Nikola Zigic's agent has played down talk linking the giant striker with a move to Blackburn.

Reports on Thursday suggested Sam Allardyce was eyeing a move for the Valencia hitman as he seeks a replacement for Roque Santa Cruz.

Zigic is well down the pecking order at Los Che and he spent the second half of last season on loan at Racing Santander.

The Serbian is keen to secure a move away from La Mestalla with England thought to be his preferred destination

Valencia's price tag is believed to be putting off interested clubs and Zigic's representative, Milan Calasan, admits he has not heard from Blackburn.

"Nobody has contacted me from Blackburn Rovers about Zigic," Calasan told skysports.com.

"There is a lot of interest in Zigic, 10 or 15 clubs have called me about him, but I think they have been shocked by the money wanted by Valencia.

"A top German club has made a proposal for Nikola, but he does not want to go there.

"He has always said would be interested in a move to England and if he was to go there it would have to be the right club that understands his characteristics."

silver01 (16-01-2011)

HOENESS UNDERSTANDS RIB TEMPTATION

Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness says he completely understands Franck Ribery's desire to join Real Madrid - but insists he will not be allowed to leave.

Bayern have repeatedly stated that the France star, who is under contract until 2011, will not be allowed to move this summer despite rumours of a substantial offer from Real.

But with reports in Germany suggesting Ribery has been offered a salary in excess of 10million euros a year - around £165,000 per week - Hoeness admits most players would feel unsettled.

"I can fully see Franck's viewpoint," he told Stern.

"You have to be aware that this is all about massive sums of money - unimaginable amounts.

"Franck is 26 years old and it's quite natural that he would be tempted by all this.

"I would be interested to see how the other players at the club would react when confronted by something like that - if they had an offer from Real Madrid.

"I doubt that they would all happily continue being a Bayern Munich player."

However, despite understanding the player's temptation to move, Hoeness insists there is no chance that he will leave the Allianz Arena.

"Franck Ribery will remain at Bayern Munich," he said.

"There is no doubt."

silver01 (16-01-2011)