Go Back   Sat Universe > Encryptions > Encryptions chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

New BISS algo? (TESTCA @ 7°E)

Encryptions chat

Old 19-07-2019, 19:48  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,358 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi_knarf View Post
You don't know @Martin.Wigston any better than kebien. There are many more encoders today than there were before, where there is no C8 anymore. Just because you don't recognize the difference and the number, it's still the same. Nobody spoke from now on. The EBU is very slow, but it will come.

I'm still looking forward to you super 128bit hackers .
And you suppose to know better?
I guess is easy calling people ignorant to justify your OPINION (which is as much misinformed as ours).
You do not speak from a knowledge stand point either,in my view you just have a need to be right.Is evident.
And one day you might be,just not now,nor in the next 5-10 years.
Let's us enjoy,would you?
Old 21-07-2019, 15:43  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin.Wigston View Post

But we still get c8's in fact nothing much has changed since he posted that, he likes to be a "doomer".
That night you missed smart C8 finder. That's why everyone had to look into the tube while boxing.

Also the barney ... who always thanks you for such postings as yours ... was not to be seen. Always the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to digi_knarf For This Useful Post:
ViVA_MTV (21-07-2019)
Old 21-07-2019, 16:09  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
That night you missed smart C8 finder. That's why everyone had to look into the tube while boxing.
bro, I think for that same times we need to help to forum with "CudaBiss" and all will be 0k
Old 21-07-2019, 21:30  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,176 Times in 195 Posts

I have some empathy with digi_knarf's position - if I'd invested huge resources to build the original rainbow tables, I'd be unhappy too. But today's tech means the investment in time required to create tables for a 48bit keyspace isn't so great.

The response from the EBU was to recommend plaintext padding etc - and still those encoders remain secure against RBT attacks today. Only the magic BISS-AU system is able to derive the key for those, as far as I know.

So who is to blame for the move to 128 bit keys? Prolific posting of keys derived from RBT, or this magic BISS AU, breaking even "secure" BISS-1 feeds?
Old 21-07-2019, 23:04  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

@Barney - why did you delete your derailment again? Others have already read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by campag5242 View Post

So who is to blame for the move to 128 bit keys? Prolific posting of keys derived from RBT, or this magic BISS AU, breaking even "secure" BISS-1 feeds?
You can guess three times .

Do not worry ... all right. Some people shake their resources easily from their sleeves. The current BISS will be there for quite a while, for real events but not for long ... the successor of this will be open to anyone hobby hacker. https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019...king-solution/
Old 22-07-2019, 12:57  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Historically,providers react to commercial developments,and not so much to public ones.
When they refer to "piracy" they generally mean establishments that show their content illegally for a profit,or sell boxes with the premise to open their channels.
The idea to find someone responsible for providers to react and change their security is just moot,since they could just simply upgrade even when they are not compromised,as following an schedule already programmed from the beginning.
Again,is moot to blame public developments that makes no profit.Is mainly those that turn something public in a market when providers move.
The Following User Says Thank You to kebien For This Useful Post:
barney115 (22-07-2019)
Old 22-07-2019, 22:06  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,176 Times in 195 Posts

Quote:
You can guess three times .
Well, for my third guess, I realise I had omitted brute force of the 48-bit keyspace. I know of no other attack vectors .

Anyway, glad to have prompted another post from you, only 100 or so in four years. This watermark innovation mentioned in your post is obviously against commercial copying of feeds: I don't care if there's a small visible/invisible artefact on screen
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to campag5242 For This Useful Post:
barney115 (23-07-2019), nautilus7 (23-07-2019)
Old 23-07-2019, 14:48  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

If watermark is inserted in video in IRD,for sure it would never be a problem for any emulator,given an emulator is possible.
I doubt the provider embed a watermark in video from origin.
Just trying to understand this thing myself : ECM must carry a descriptor that tells the ird to overlay a message (watermark) in an specific case.
or does it work any other way?
I doubt provider send 2 video pids one with watermark and one without,right?

So,the solution to watermark is to disassemble firmware to find the link to overlay,or revert back to older firmware without this function.
Please educate me,at least we could read something useful in this thread for once.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kebien For This Useful Post:
barney115 (23-07-2019), ViVA_MTV (23-07-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 12:20  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 13,910 Times in 3,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinnetiG View Post
Hello guys.
I have recorded this feed for a while, trying to find the C8.
7.0°E 11022_H_7200
I got the following:
Code:
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:3C FC 42 DE E2 70 84 9A  [O] Count:14145
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:22 52 EE 93 31 A2 D1 0F  [E] Count:6935
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:9A 38 70 8D 5C 95 AB 27  [O] Count:5377
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:9F BE E2 B9 1C 99 DB 90  [E] Count:3144
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:BC B6 9F 82 51 9F 9F 97  [O] Count:2001
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:4D 7E FF B3 30 FB 4B 46  [O] Count:2
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:96 50 82 0E 8B DD CC A6  [O] Count:2
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:EF 59 23 AB 3A FF FF 84  [E] Count:2
No one is a valid C8 (B8 or 08...)
Vplug and other EMU's say it's BISS, but ECM is not fixed.
Is there anybody who knows what it is???

TESTCA.ts sample HERE

Infos

Old 03-08-2019, 12:31  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

I think its more likely we'll find broadcasters switching to fibre before they switch to BISS2.