What keys are being used in ocsam

ArloG

Registered
Good question here. My Softcam.keys file is getting very big.
Can I determine for any pv or bi** channel which key in the keys file is being used at any given time?

Also when a UA keys is written and it begins with P 7058FFFF.
How can I find which satellite that key is for?
I've seen it mentioned before but for me my arc is 55W-131W.
My groups reflect those satellites (P 0125XXXX....1125XXXX)

I'm using an OsMio 4k receiver with the latest Mohamad oscam-emu on OpenATV 6.3

ro_54

Registered
Good question here. My Softcam.keys file is getting very big.
Can I determine for any pv or bi** channel which key in the keys file is being used at any given time?

Also when a UA keys is written and it begins with P 7058FFFF.
How can I find which satellite that key is for?
I've seen it mentioned before but for me my arc is 55W-131W.
My groups reflect those satellites (P 0125XXXX....1125XXXX)

I'm using an OsMio 4k receiver with the latest Mohamad oscam-emu on OpenATV 6.3
you can find what key for what channel by UA (first 8 digits):
P 1014FFFF 00 0123456789ABCD ; added by Emu Fri Jan 22 22:29:37 2021 UA: 005FD769.
in my case 101 is sat 101w, and 4 is my random # of the transponder on this sat.

campag5242

Feed Hunter
@ArloG Open the oscam webif on your PC. Click on the Readers tab & look for the emulator entry. Click on the emulator line's i icon & all valid entitlements will be listed.

SoftCam.Key is read once on start-up (or refresh) of the emulator reader. Thus lower lines override earlier lines, where the key index etc is the same.

ArloG

Registered
campag. Thanks. Still might need a little kick start here.
My keys file has "added by EMU" from long ago.
The file is so big that editing it from the webif doesn't work.
That's cool I edit using Fliezilla.
I'm taking it using your suggestion that the i shows every key loaded at startup.
I find that if I delete UA's from 2 years ago (example only) that when I go to a channel that came in before, it's now gone. Restoring the backup keys file brings the channels back. So obviously one of the myriad of keys I deleted was opening the channel. Right?
Which one though?
My concept, task, is to tidy up my file to make it smaller and more compact and include only keys that work and will perform a UA. Hell, even new posted softcam keys still have AFN included.
The few bi** channels, the same. I have a bazillion of those and I'm only able to clear a few of them "over here".
Also if by chance one of "your" eastern sats clears one of my western channels...which key is doing it.
I know. I'm nuts!

ArloG

Registered
Still going moderately nuts here.
I have an old softcam.keys file that clears channels.
I have line after line of added by EMU UA's.
My newer keys file I use does not clear some channels.
Ok?
The older file shows in live log:

ecm) descrambler (P: 0E00:000000:0085:1772:0000 #ECM_L:40 #CW=00000000000000000E89E3FB4C5B04AE HOP:00): found (1 ms) by emulator - xxx-E SD SES (lg)

I made a new softcam.keys file and with notepad++ and searched for every instance in the old file little by little for SID that had 0085. Pasted and saved it and restarted oscam.

The channel didn't clear. So I kept copy/pasting little by little every instance of 0085. Restarting oscam every time.
I have only started using the new method. Very few instances in my file that uses channel hash. This one isn't one of them.

I pasted my entire 101 group having to do with this sat into my new file (this is the only sat with this channel. I got the channel to clear. But only after every instance of P 01010085, P 11010085 was was searched and pasted in my new file. Then the channel cleared.
But NO new 0085 SID was in the final paste/save/restart oscam.

So what stinking key is being used to clear it (SID 0085)??