Satellite dish motorised setup

Mikelsat

Registered
Dover in Kent.

"I'm using 51.21 south latitude 1.388 east longitude" should be 51.21 North 1.388 East

In the USALS setup on the receiver set the Longtitude Direction to "East" & the Latitude Direction to "North" & enter coordinates.
Those coordinates (51.21N 1.388E) put you in "Forelands Square" which is seven & a half miles from Dover. (Search coordinates in Google Maps)
To find your coordinates Google "Your Postcode" + Long Lat, eg: Postcode for Marks & Spencer in Dover is CT16 1QD, Google - CT16 1QD Long Lat & you get 51.1255° N, 1.3169° E

chris0147

Registered
It's no wonder your motor is not going to the correct sat with those. Follow Mikelsat's coordinates to get you in the ball park.

Oh I thought I'm from the South so I have checked it and it is the North. The latitude and longitude are in the correct settings.

BTW, I have found the issue. When I undo the screw that hold on LNB and I have moved the LNB in so guess what?

I can now receive sport klub 1 hd and some other channels. But I cant get the signals for sport klub 2,3 and some other channels. I tried to adjust my dish, motor elevation and usuals but it does nothing.

I think there is a problem with my lnb as it is to too small to move in. Here is my lnb:

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/gt-sat-gt-slrc1-0.1db-universal-single-compact-lnb

Is my lnb that I bought are the wrong one?

I have already bought inverto black ultra 0.2db that I bought it in few months ago but I'm not sure if it would work??

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Oh I thought I'm from the South so I have checked it and it is the North. The latitude and longitude are in the correct settings.

BTW, I have found the issue. When I undo the screw that hold on LNB and I have moved the LNB in so guess what?

I can now receive sport klub 1 hd and some other channels. But I cant get the signals for sport klub 2,3 and some other channels. I tried to adjust my dish, motor elevation and usuals but it does nothing.

I think there is a problem with my lnb as it is to too small to move in. Here is my lnb:

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/gt-sat-gt-slrc1-0.1db-universal-single-compact-lnb

Is my lnb that I bought are the wrong one?

I have already bought inverto black ultra 0.2db that I bought it in few months ago but I'm not sure if it would work??

Your inverto will work on your dish it remains to be seen if its any better or the focal point can be adjusted any better with it.

Best thing to do is try it.

chris0147

Registered
Your inverto will work on your dish it remains to be seen if its any better or the focal point can be adjusted any better with it.

Best thing to do is try it.

Actually it works, I can get all of the satellites from 0.8west to 46east. Now I want to try to get the motor to move when the whole rig is on dead straight.

When I moved the whole rig to dead straight with the motor set to 0 and when I selected on a channel on 0.8west, the motor won't move. I have done the factory reset on the receiver and I have put the correct latitude and longitude in usuals.

When I selected on a channel on 0.8west the motor still won't move. I can only get the signals when I move the whole rig from dead straight to 0.8west.

Can I ask how do you get the motor to move to 0.8west after when I set the motor to 0 and move the whole rig to dead straight?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
When I moved the whole rig to dead straight with the motor set to 0 and when I selected on a channel on 0.8west, the motor won't move.

It would be a minuscule movement but again your setup method is wrong. When dead straight you dont move the motor to 0.8.

Do the above of yours that ive quoted.

Now loosen the ubolts clamping your motor to your pole and move the whole dish/motor assembly around the pole to tweak the signal for 0.8w when you max the signal carefully tighten the ubolts keeping an eye on the signal to make sure it does not drop.

I would be better if you turned usuals off on the box to do this as when the whole rig is straight you dont want the motor to move to 0.8 it need to remain straight.

chris0147

Registered
It would be a minuscule movement but again your setup method is wrong. When dead straight you dont move the motor to 0.8.

Do the above of yours that ive quoted.

Now loosen the ubolts clamping your motor to your pole and move the whole dish/motor assembly around the pole to tweak the signal for 0.8w when you max the signal carefully tighten the ubolts keeping an eye on the signal to make sure it does not drop.

I would be better if you turned usuals off on the box to do this as when the whole rig is straight you dont want the motor to move to 0.8 it need to remain straight.

Oh right, would you move the whole rig to dead straight after you turn off the usuals and then turn them on?

So what if the motor won't move?

Do I have to reset the motor, disconnect the cable from the motor, select al jazeera english on 0.8west, turn off power, reconnect the cable to the motor, turn on the receiver, turn on the usuals and select al jazeera english to get the motor moving?

If not can you give me step to step with what I need to do to get the motor moving??

manikm

Registered
on sat box, enter correct usals location.

on motor bracket - set the scale to match your latitude (51 \ 52 \ 53 approx, u can adjust later)

set the motor to zero (middle of east and west)

attach \ clamp dish onto motor stub - make sure its bang on - mount to assembly to pole and face roughly to 1w

on your satbox goto a channel on 1w - sky news - this will move the motor (and dish a tiny bit to 0.8w

now move the WHOLE motor assembly on the pole, along with dish whilst aiming the dish up and down at the same time (sounds tricky but isnt really) - until you get a signal on 1w.

peak it, but dont spend perfect yet

now, see if u can get 30w and 45e... if you can great

job done = if you cant then moves motor angle bracket tiny bit up, and repeat process, and then tiny bit down, and repeat

you will get there

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Oh right, would you move the whole rig to dead straight after you turn off the usuals and then turn them on?

So what if the motor won't move?

Do I have to reset the motor, disconnect the cable from the motor, select al jazeera english on 0.8west, turn off power, reconnect the cable to the motor, turn on the receiver, turn on the usuals and select al jazeera english to get the motor moving?

If not can you give me step to step with what I need to do to get the motor moving??

Get the dish setup properly as described in my previous post then turn usuals back on and send it to say 28 east if its not moving then we will address that because at the moment your making too many mistakes with the motor setup so one step at a time.

chris0147

Registered
Get the dish setup properly as described in my previous post then turn usuals back on and send it to say 28 east if its not moving then we will address that because at the moment your making too many mistakes with the motor setup so one step at a time.

Yeah I will do that. Do I have to turn off usuals and disconnect the cable from the motor when I setup my dish to go on dead straight??

What do I need to do if the motor won't move after when I turn on usuals, reconnect the cable and I select the channels on 28east?

manikm

Registered
no

just make sure the usals are correct in the receiver

and make sure the motor is on 0 when you mount the assembly

then goto a channel on 1w - the motor will move a little obviously to 0.8w - at THIS point MANUALLY turn the motor with dish on the pole to get a signal - u will need to be angling the dish also, sounds tricky but in reallity its not that bad.

if your receiver is E2 based, and on your network \ LAN, you cna download signal finder app on your phone.

confgure it with your receivers details....

then you can see signal in realtime!

very hadny when aligning dish outside...assuming your WIFI range can reach when you're on roof (mines touch and go)

manic01

Super VIP
This is all getting a bit silly now, started on TK on dec 3 same questions asked over and over again has to be a wind up.

Last edited: