H2H Usals Diseqc motor, Dish size and weight limitations?

funtime26

Registered
Here's my conundrum. I want to hopefully be able to recieve the EPL feeds on 3° West ABS-3A (assuming they start again). I can receive the 13 or so channels on that bird, Retecapris etc (and the German footie feeds when they are on there) with my USALS motor, 1.1m mesh offset and inverto black ultra with my ZGemma H9S (not so great on my Vu+ Duo2) here in the West Mids UK.

Want to invest in a bigger dish but I want to mount it on another USALS H2H motor as they are far quieter than their polar mount counterparts and I don't want to annoy the neighbours! I have a good view of the Clarke belt so I'm gonna mount this new dish at ground level next to fence so hardly any wind loading, so I assume I'm only limited dish size wise by the antenna weight?

I'm probably gonna buy another Technomate TM-2600 H-H Diseqc Motor as have been impressed with it on my 1.1m set up. The motor spec suggests I'm limited to 15KG load so biggest dish below 15KG hopefully?

Not all about 3W though, mainly about the hobby, so if u can recommend any offset dishes (Gibertini, Laminas, MixDigital etc) that are under 15KG, or maybe a H2H motor with a greater load that would be great!

For the record I also have a 30 year old Andrews prime focus 1.25m dish with C120 Inverto Black Ultra which I presently just use to point at Hispasat.

Also if u in UK and have managed to received the EPL feeds at 3W...what's your set up? I think really I'm just after the biggest dish I can mount on a USALS H2H motor at ground level! :)

Last edited:

manic01

Super VIP
I get most epl games weather permitting, any significant rain its gone for me. 110cm triax dish sw.uk.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Here's my conundrum. I want to hopefully be able to recieve the EPL feeds on 3° West ABS-3A (assuming they start again). I can receive the 13 or so channels on that bird, Retecapris etc (and the German footie feeds when they are on there) with my USALS motor, 1.1m mesh offset and inverto black ultra with my ZGemma H9S (not so great on my Vu+ Duo2) here in the West Mids UK.

Want to invest in a bigger dish but I want to mount it on another USALS H2H motor as they are far quieter than their polar mount counterparts and I don't want to annoy the neighbours! I have a good view of the Clarke belt so I'm gonna mount this new dish at ground level next to fence so hardly any wind loading, so I assume I'm only limited dish size wise by the antenna weight?

I'm probably gonna buy another Technomate TM-2600 H-H Diseqc Motor as have been impressed with it on my 1.1m set up. The motor spec suggests I'm limited to 15KG load so biggest dish below 15KG hopefully?

Not all about 3W though, mainly about the hobby, so if u can recommend any offset dishes (Gibertini, Laminas, MixDigital etc) that are under 15KG, or maybe a H2H motor with a greater load that would be great!

For the record I also have a 30 year old Andrews prime focus 1.25m dish with C120 Inverto Black Ultra which I presently just use to point at Hispasat.

Also if u in UK and have managed to received the EPL feeds at 3W...what's your set up? I think really I'm just after the biggest dish I can mount on a USALS H2H motor at ground level! :)

Not an answer to your question although i have run a Gebertini on a stabb on a ground mount.

What id like to ask you is the Hs9 you using whats your thoughts on the blind scan ?