Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

TM5402 MK4

Technomate Chat

Old 09-07-2021, 12:49  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
Were you hoping it would go back in time once connection was remade?
As it is 'Live' once connection gets dropped then remade it will pick up 'Live' not possible to pick up where it stopped or it would be a iptv stream not a satellite signal
Oh no not all. I understand that if the live connection is dropped, it can't go back.

I'm honestly very impressed with how this server is working and not at
all perturbed by the odd glitch and/or freeze.

I just thought that it would be useful and informative to share what I am experiencing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kippysat For This Useful Post:
Blade (09-07-2021), manic01 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 13:47  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Marching On Together !

Thanked 20,742 Times in 8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippysat View Post
So no gaming on my network, just multiple connections to several boxes.

I have 8 ethernet connections in use simultaneously.
8 connection but it is all about what using bandwidth and if all 8 connections are it can slow the response time giving to the 5402 well any sat box connecting to a server.

If you have a decent router i always give my sat boxes priority in the QOS menu. Its helps.

VU+ Duo2
Japhar DM8000
A8P DM800SE
Amazon Fire TV Box 2nd Gen
T95Z Plus S912 3GB+16GB
TX3 Mini
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
barney115 (09-07-2021), kippysat (14-07-2021), manic01 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 18:54  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 102,331 Times in 21,191 Posts
Lightbulb

i rarely get any disconnections at all even when d/loading & seeding torrents
have you ran a speed test to see how much speed is lost by your other devices connected and in use ??
are you getting over 500mb or under ?
if over 500mb it should not really matter that much with 8 devices
running at the same time it should cope very well.

my speed still sits over 900mb and may lower to 700mb if i really abuse and rape it but even then still plenty of speed to spare
Attached Images
File Type: png 11703700975.png (47.3 KB, 4 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
Blade (09-07-2021), manic01 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 19:52  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Marching On Together !

Thanked 20,742 Times in 8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney115 View Post
i rarely get any disconnections at all even when d/loading & seeding torrents
have you ran a speed test to see how much speed is lost by your other devices connected and in use ??
are you getting over 500mb or under ?
if over 500mb it should not really matter that much with 8 devices
running at the same time it should cope very well.

my speed still sits over 900mb and may lower to 700mb if i really abuse and rape it but even then still plenty of speed to spare
Show off

Its not all about download speed though, its about how busy the network is within your house lot of connection takes up processing power of the router slowing its response time.

VU+ Duo2
Japhar DM8000
A8P DM800SE
Amazon Fire TV Box 2nd Gen
T95Z Plus S912 3GB+16GB
TX3 Mini
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
barney115 (09-07-2021), manic01 (09-07-2021)
Old 14-07-2021, 15:37  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
8 connection but it is all about what using bandwidth and if all 8 connections are it can slow the response time giving to the 5402 well any sat box connecting to a server.

If you have a decent router i always give my sat boxes priority in the QOS menu. Its helps.
Hi Blade,

I have been doing some recording testing with the M4 and found an issue or two. However, I tried your suggestion and it looks to have made a slight difference and improvement. I need to do more testing and I am going to try shutting down all other STB's and connections and just leaving the M4 to see how that works.

Will let you know the results.

As an aside, I spoke to a Technomate person because I am seriously considering buying another M4 and setting it up on my current network and router with the "server" enabled.

Unfortunately, he advised me that they were sold out and awaiting another delivery. Apparently, the M4 is selling like hotcakes and they have a waiting list of orders. Unbelievable.

The only place that has M4's available is Satellite Superstore, but the price is way too high for me. I'm going to wait for Technomate to replenish their stocks and get it at a fair price.
Old 20-07-2021, 11:23  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Any news on fixes for the outstanding issues ? Mostly 7 day EPG being fixed ?
TIA
Old 20-07-2021, 11:48  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,109 Times in 896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseneverest View Post
Any news on fixes for the outstanding issues ? Mostly 7 day EPG being fixed ?
TIA
Still waiting, we all hope 7 day epg gets done but there must be a reason no other stb does 7 day epg, maybe a chipset issue.

Last edited by manic01; 20-07-2021 at 13:06..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
Blade (20-07-2021), jenseneverest (20-07-2021)
Old 23-07-2021, 16:02  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,109 Times in 896 Posts

Still no updates since july 5, latest feedback is they are still trying to get some official cams/cards to work on the stb, no further feedback on other requests.
As it stands its a half handy stb, but its overpriced fior a 1080p stb which does not let you upgrade 3rd party sw due to lack of serial number visibility.

Last edited by manic01; 23-07-2021 at 16:14..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
barney115 (23-07-2021), Blade (23-07-2021), jaes (23-07-2021), kippysat (Yesterday), lespat (24-07-2021), william-1 (23-07-2021)
Old Yesterday, 16:33  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
Still no updates since july 5, latest feedback is they are still trying to get some official cams/cards to work on the stb, no further feedback on other requests.
As it stands its a half handy stb, but its overpriced fior a 1080p stb which does not let you upgrade 3rd party sw due to lack of serial number visibility.
As mentioned previously, I went into the North London store to buy a second M4 in person. Whilst talking to one of the staff, I asked about the FS situation and mentioned that I was on this forum and sung the
praises of Manic, Blade, William, Barney and others who have helped me.

The person also heavily praised Manic as a key contact for reporting
issues and helping them make the box better.

He explained that disclosing information face to face is very different to memorialising it in writing and/or telephonic/message conversation.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that we don't have to worry about FS, it is hand, as are the other issues, they just need time. This box will get better and better.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kippysat For This Useful Post:
barney115 (Yesterday), Blade (Yesterday), jaes (Today), manic01 (Yesterday)