Pc does not turn on when installing dvb tbs 8920

sheypooor

Registered
Hi

I have a tbs 8920 card, the pc does not turn on when I enter the computer in the pci section.
But it can be detected and installed on an old computer.
And his pictures are like this

Thank you for your guidance

sosk_photo_2021-01-01_15-22-21.jpg

bapr_photo_2021-01-01_15-22-30.jpg

fiji

Try to clean dust in pci slot or check your pc bios enable pci slot make sure card is proper fiting in slot .

sheypooor

Registered
thank you
Yes, the pci slot is clean and fit. But when I insert another card in the same area, it works without any problems.
Are slot pci different?
Meanwhile, the computer fans work for a moment and turn off again

fiji

thank you
Yes, the pci slot is clean and fit. But when I insert another card in the same area, it works without any problems.
Are slot pci different?
Meanwhile, the computer fans work for a moment and turn off again

Pci slot No different its normal
seems your dvb card is short circuit & faulty .

montana16

Registered
I believe the TBS8920 card only came in a pci version but the slot in the motherboard shown is a pci-e slot. I do not think they are compatible.

sheypooor

Registered
I believe the TBS8920 card only came in a pci version but the slot in the motherboard shown is a pci-e slot. I do not think they are compatible.

So are you sure the computer is a pci-e?
Can I buy a pci-e to pci converter?
Does tbs work with that?
Thanks for your help

Tiborg1

Registered
hi,

1-Clean the connection part of the TBS board! It looks like it needs cleaning!

2- Have you tested your TBS on another motherboard?

3- Tested in all motherboard slots?

4- Do you see in the device manager, that it is connected? or it seems that there is something connected to the slot in the BIOS?

montana16

Registered
I am not sure what slot it is as I do not know what motherboard it is or which side is front or back. I assume the right is the back of the PC and is where the card connections are. It could be a 32 bit pci slot at 3.3 volts. The 8920 looks to be universal so maybe do the things listed above and see if it helps. If card sits cleanly and flush with the back panel then slot types match.

sheypooor

Registered
hi,

1-Clean the connection part of the TBS board! It looks like it needs cleaning!

2- Have you tested your TBS on another motherboard?

3- Tested in all motherboard slots?

4- Do you see in the device manager, that it is connected? or it seems that there is something connected to the slot in the BIOS?

I am not sure what slot it is as I do not know what motherboard it is or which side is front or back. I assume the right is the back of the PC and is where the card connections are. It could be a 32 bit pci slot at 3.3 volts. The 8920 looks to be universal so maybe do the things listed above and see if it helps. If card sits cleanly and flush with the back panel then slot types match.

Yes, I cleaned the slots.
And it works on an old motherboard that has a normal pci part.
And I tested in both slots.
But the problem is that the pc does not turn on at all and for a moment only the fans move.

My motherboard specifications:
Supermicro X8DTL

2 (x8) PCI-E 2.0 (1 in x16 slot),
1 (x4) PCI-E 2.0 (in x8 slot),
1 (x4) PCI-E (in x8 slot),
2x PCI 33MHz slots

Thanks to both dear friends

hrbz_pre-shipment-test-for-supermicro-x8dtl-if-server-original-used-motherboard.jpg_960x960.jpg

And this is my old PC slot
It seems Are the slots inverted?
Can I insert the card upside down?

wd7n_photo_2021-01-05_18-34-41.jpg

Last edited:

sheypooor

Registered
that's an 'ACR' slot if we believe this wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Communications_Riser. Or it could be a '3.3v PCI' if the maker of the Motherboard specify in the datasheet that it's a PCI. so you can't use PCI cards in there.

It's probably better to get a PCIE to PCI adapter, and hope that it'll work with your card.

Thankful
It says 2x PCI 33MHz slots on its site, meaning you can't put pci in this section?
Has anyone worked with the pci e to pci converter and is it compatible?
Is this converter compatible to buy?

Adealink PCI Express PCI-E to PCI Adapter Card Asmedia 1083 Chipset Green AC385

zr1_61jyl4y2zzl._ac_sl1001_.jpg

Code:
This PCIE to PCI Adapter Card lets you use low profile PCI expansion cards in a server or desktop motherboard PCI Express slot. Compliant with PCI Express Specification 1.0a and PCI Specification 2.3, the adapter card connects through a PCIE slot to provide a low profile PCI slot in its place. A spare full size bracket for PCI Express card is also included for use in larger desktop or server PCI Express slots.
A versatile solution, the adapter card converts PCIE to PCI a built-on LP4 power connector links the card to the computer power supply, allowing you to install universal voltage PCI cards (3.3V/5V).The adapter card offers an economical solution that lets you extend the usability of older or extra PCI Bus cards in newer PCIE capable systems.
Chipset: Asmedia 1083
Fully compliant with PCI-SIG PCI Express to PCI Bridge
Compliant to PCI-E 1.0 standard
Feature:
This PCIE to PCI Adapter Card lets you use low profile PCI expansion cards in a server or desktop motherboard PCI Express slot. Compliant with PCI Express Specification 1.0a and PCI Specification 2.3, the adapter card connects through a PCIE slot to provide a low profile PCI slot in its place. A spare full size bracket for PCI Express card is also included for use in larger desktop or server PCI Express slots.
A versatile solution, the adapter card converts PCIE to PCI a built-on LP4 power connector links the card to the computer power supply, allowing you to install universal voltage PCI cards (3.3V/5V).The adapter card offers an economical solution that lets you extend the usability of older or extra PCI Bus cards in newer PCIE capable systems.
Chipset: Asmedia 1083
Fully compliant with PCI-SIG PCI Express to PCI Bridge
1 x 32bit 33M PCI slot
Compliant to PCI 2.3 standard
Suitable for: PCI-E 1X/4X/8X/16X port
Support 3.3V/1A, 3.3Vaux/100mA, 5V/5A and 12V/500mA
4 Pin ATA Power connector (must be connected)
Support: Windows 2000/NT/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, Linux, MAC OS system.
Included:
1 x PCI-E to PCI Adapter Card

lastcameleon

Registered
After some research, Your card in theory should work with your motherboard, it's an Universal PCI Card; it has the two notches in it. Did you connect it facing up (as normally done with normal PC cards) ?!

For the adapter, you will have problems with your card not being a Low profile PCI, so it will not fit in your PC/Server case (probably).

1024px-PCI_Keying.svg.png

montana16

Registered
I can't seem to find the power requirements for a tbs8920 pci card. I am not an expert but if a card has a 5v requirement, my guess is a 3.3v slot is not ever going to supply it. Does the tbs8920 have a molex connector to supply more power? Probably not. You probably should just find an old computer somewhere and just use it instead. Not sure why you are putting into server but servers seem to stick to the 3.3v slots.

sheypooor

Registered
As I showed in the picture, I do not think the voltages are the same.
The molex connector is connected to the dvb or the power part of the pc? And the dvb card is mounted on that part.
And these are the specifications of the converter:

allowing you to install universal voltage PCI cards (3.3V / 5V)

So I buy the converter and it will be compatible?

xqlo_1024px-pci_keying.svg.jpg

lastcameleon

Registered
It should work, I remember seeing Omicom (the russian maker of a Budget DVB-S2 card) selling one like that to make the DVB-S2 PCI card that they were selling work in PCI-E slot.

Even Turbosight is selling one such adapter in there online shop as PCIe to PCI Adapter Card.