Registered
M3oTIj8.jpg

L5H7RDp.jpg

Home made C-Band Feedhorn for offset dish. Test tomorrow :D

Last edited:

dallara81

Registered
It works great! Thanks for the tip.

Form is important. I tried 6 different formats. It’s smart to go step by step with newer versions. Small, simple at first.

I bought a factory feedhorn, but the performance of the last home-made version was only 1-3% below the factory device. Worth a try. You learns a lot about the nature of microwaves.

ro_54

Registered
I think they got it wrong from the beginning:
they are mistaken scalar ring with feed horn.
feed horn needs a scalar ring witch are 2 types: for offset dish as it is the one mentioned in post #31
and for big dish as this:

Attachments

• cband_scalar_1.jpg
    cband_scalar_1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 2

music4keep

Registered
I once saw a horn for both KU and C. Are they any good? Because then I read you need a focal dish for that and I have an offset. Anyone heard of a combo feed horn for Ku and C for offsets or has anyone here built one?

mdt

VIP
I once saw a horn for both KU and C. Are they any good? Because then I read you need a focal dish for that and I have an offset. Anyone heard of a combo feed horn for Ku and C for offsets or has anyone here built one?
You could use an offset dish like a few members on here. There are a few ways you could choose.

1. Buy Chinese C/Ku combo with off-set scalar kit

2. Buy Chinese C band lnb and scalar kit then attach your own Ku lnb D.I.Y

3. Buy C/Ku Polarotor and separate single pol lnb,s and a Ku scalar but this would require a way to control the mechanical poloriser ECT

You will lose some Ku signal power also. If you are just want to see what's out there then maybe a cheap second dish of 1.2m although bigger is better for consistent results in all weather,s.

Regards mdt

music4keep

Registered
You could use an offset dish like a few members on here. There are a few ways you could choose.

1. Buy Chinese C/Ku combo with off-set scalar kit

2. Buy Chinese C band lnb and scalar kit then attach your own Ku lnb D.I.Y

3. Buy C/Ku Polarotor and separate single pol lnb,s and a Ku scalar but this would require a way to control the mechanical poloriser ECT

You will lose some Ku signal power also. If you are just want to see what's out there then maybe a cheap second dish of 1.2m although bigger is better for consistent results in all weather,s.

Regards mdt
What about a Toroidal T90 dish? I have one lying. Can that be used. I had like 16 LNBs on it at most.