DreamUP Cannot conect Pc with Dreambox500s

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
can you ftp to it with DCC,if you can and know the ip just flash it with flashwizard pro and hope it dont hang

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i would say its a COM port problem with your usb cable,goto control panel device manager/ports and see if you can see the virtual usb port or what ports are available it may be there and need enabling

T50

Donating Member
Just take a look at the picture below :
Firewall OFF+ Com PORTS
Untitled.jpg

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
ok in windows firewall go to exceptions and add a programme and add dream up and allow it i have known this still to stop dreamup whilst firewall was off.

then on device manager right click on COM 6 click on disable then after you see the X in it enable it so you now know its switched back on,after that if that dont work right click on it again and update drivers reinstall drivers for it.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
my advise to you now is find a friend with a proper null modem cable and a pc with a proper com port,if you do 15 mins and you should be back up and running.

T50

Donating Member
u mean that my null USB TO rs232 cable not working?.. I can remove that part of usb and conect direct without using USB? my Laptop uses it!

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
if you have a straight through null modem cable and a com port yes,but i doubt that the laptop as a com port unless its really old, try it and see but dont switch power on dreambox until it says now switch on,then insert the power lead at the back

T50

Donating Member
Again Nothingg! only 2 ports exist now .. COM1 , COM3 .. Tryed both with DreamUP 1.3.3.4 .. anddddd nothingggg :mad:

ftsp

Registered
try borrowing an old laptop with real com port, these usb2serial cables will not work with dreamup ..

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
looks like it does have a com port,try the cable direct to the port and choose COM 1

T50

Donating Member
Yes man that's why i said before to try it direct! TRyed it now but is unsuccesful .. DREAMUP 1.3.3.4