DreamUP Cannot conect Pc with Dreambox500s

T50

Donating Member
Hello Everybody!

I've a problem with my Dreambox500s! I can't flash it with DREAMUP! I'm using v.1.3.3.4. I Do everything needed to flash it but when it says switch on dreambox , i do a switch than it does nothing!

+ Photo

Untitled.jpg

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
try an earlier version of dreamup,and do not insert power cable until it says now switch on

T50

Donating Member
Made what you said . I've downloaded 1st post of DreamUP [ All versions ] your post . i haven't inserted power cable .. but it's same again..

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i see on your picture you are using COM 6 this should be COM 1 if your using a Null Modem Cable unless its a usb to null modem then maybe its COM 6

T50

Donating Member
Yes i'm using an USB TO R232 Modem Cable to conect Dreambox to PC .
But COM1 is taken by Communication Port[COM1] .

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
you need to install drivers for the usb cable and it should give it a virtual COM PORT,see what other ports you have available and try them aswell

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
are you using a laptop if so what operating system if win 7 try running dreamup in xp mode or even check that dreamup is allowed in your firewall

T50

Donating Member
Firewall is OFF! Using XP But not SP3 , It's an other edition? May i install XP SP3?

briosa

Donating Member
If you change to other usb port connection, in pc, you can have other port com in dreamup... Try others, aswell,other dreamup versions...;)

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
dont you know anyone with a proper null modem cable and a pc with a com port will only take around 8 mins to flash.

if the 500 boots up you could always try flashwizard pro and flash it over lan,but if it hangs on flashing the only way for recovery is with a null cable and dream up.

if your going to try flashwizard make sure the dreambox and the laptop is connected directly to the router,this way you have more chance of it not hanging on flash.

T50

Donating Member
The problem is this . i updated a skin of DM500S , than i deleted it without changing to default one , now light stays only green and no picture of it! All i've to use is a dreamup! I've a USB TO RS232 CABLE .. I've flashed before but now i'm having this issue.

Last edited: