Dreambox problem..Please reply!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
On that Model DM image you have a SD receiver so no point trying to scan for HD channels.

Eurosport HD was the channel you mentioned.

As for skins try download from the images addon server. As your not sure what group image your using try press the blue button twice and look for addons.

Ferret

leo015

Registered
Well i saw the info its supposedly a DM5620 but below it says not a dreambox device.

And also i think my image is Gemini Project most propably because on the startup it shows a 'GP' image

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If you running Gemini then you can download skins emu etc by pressing blue button twice.

Ferret

leo015

Registered
If you running Gemini then you can download skins emu etc by pressing blue button twice.

Ferret

I found the skins but im not sure if im NTSC or PAL anyway in some skins it tells me not enough space :O

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like you var is full.

Check it to see what % it is at. Will usually tell you at the top of the pugins menu maybe on the yellow button.

Ferret

leo015

Registered
hey i download a skin but when i try to intsall it it says install not successful..why?

Also ferret i dont know why but i tried to change my password for dreambox 2 times and now i have 3 different password:S the dreambox one and 2 other

Here are some pics from my dreambox

1866684b67039126e7c.png

1866684b6703917118f.png

1866684b6703917e09b.png

1866684b6703cc2ef6b.png

Last edited:

leo015

Registered
yes you should free some space because dreambox var space is full and thats why you cannot install any skin.chose by your self for pal or NTSC.for PAL systems are PAL skins...etc

What should i delete to free space? i didnt install anything only tuxbox:S

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
SD=Standard Definition

HD=High Def

Ferret

leo015

Registered
I have recently read that Gemini put a so called 'bomb' in their software to stop clones.My dreambox is most probably a clone so will it 'die' in some time? :O

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I have recently read that Gemini put a so called 'bomb' in their software to stop clones.My dreambox is most probably a clone so will it 'die' in some time? :O

It would of happened at first boot if it was going to happen so no your ok.

However this only effected the DM500 and to be honest im not sure which receiver yours is a clone of.

If you ever reflash avoid Gemini is my advice.

Ferret

leo015

Registered
my dreambox has 5 themes installed..how can i delete them to install new ones?

BluePanel->OSD SETTINGS->Change Skin-> And then it shows me a list of my themes installed..

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Make sure the skin your about to delete is not the one your using or it will crash your image if you remover it.

To remove just go to the addons panel and look for the un-install option highlight what you want to remove and press ok.

With some image you can press the yellow button for plugins and remove from there.

Ferret

leo015

Registered
Hey another question i have is if i flash my dm and put another image how will i get my channels back?

Also where can i find the skins folder in ftp?

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You would just have to rescan the sats or transfer a channel list over.

Ferret

leo015

Registered
But the prob is i think my provider is sending me the channels through his server thats why my dm is internet-connected
Also pls tell me where is the skins folder located in ftp?

Last edited:

leo015

Registered
here
what should i delete? i currently use geminiblue something like that but it doesnt show it
1866684b6885a85f81e.png

Last edited: