[Question] How to remove channels from my DM??

vlasi

Registered
hi guys !!

i have an dm 500...and i don't know how to remove any channel!!

i try in a way but if i restart the dm the channels are just like before???

any help !!!

thx

BM300

Super VIP
You did not mention which image you are using.
In some images you can disable channel auto update.

You can also use Dreamset program to remove or lock all the unwanted channels and resend the list back to your receiver.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

Best way to remove channels on a large scale is with a setting editor like DreamBoxEdit.

However if you just want to remove a single channel you can do this on you remote.

Press the OK button to bring up the channel list scroll and highlight the channel you would like to delete and then press the Menu button. You'll see the delete option there.

Ferret

vlasi

Registered
yeah thxxx ferret and bm300..

i am using dm evolution 2.5 image !!

ferret i try before in that way but when i shut down and restart later channels be like before...!!!

maybe the problem it's the channel autouptdate option ...!!!!!

but where is this option ????

thx anyway !!

BM300

Super VIP
yeah thxxx ferret and bm300..

i am using dm evolution 2.5 image !!

maybe the problem it's the channel autouptdate option ...!!!!!

but where is this option ????

thx anyway !!

Blue button >Yellow Button > Extra settings > Disable service update (tick)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yes mate, follow what BM300 said it may help unfortunately even then enigma may still update the satellite list. It can not however update bouquets lists.

Ferret

BM300

Super VIP
You have another option,
Delete the unwanted transponder detail from the satellite by going to:
setup > service searching > Transponder edit
Select the unwanted frequency and > remove

nacora

Registered
Thank you bm300 !!!!

I have been trying for days now to simply clear the channels list on my dm500 and dm600 , they are c versions and when I moved all the channels (almost) got doubled and removing them one by one is ......grrrrr....... not very practical to say the least.
It is amazing how a simple thing like that can be complicated ! I did it before you recomended dreamset in dream box edit and whatever I did they still kept popping up after the reboot .... it really drove me mad :(
After the FIRST try with dreamset they where GONE :))))
I couldnt beleive my eyes :)
I have been reading posts on that matter in so many forums that I cant remember the number but in all of them members recomend dreamboxedit and I have NOT found it very user friendly or simple or working for that matter .....
Beleive me I will recomend dreamset to many many poor souls with the same problem !

A BIG thanks again