Motor won't turn to 28.2E, 4.8E, 0.8W

27clint

Registered
Hi,

I have re-flashed my Dreambox 600 (I'm using Nabilosat Darkstar II) and now I cannot watch channels from 28.2 East, 4.8 East and 0.8 West. Whenever I select a channel from these satellites I get a "service could not be found" message. The motor doesn't even try to turn. Ironically the SNR and AGC signals remain the same of the previous channel.

So if I am on a channel from 13E and SNR is 99% and AGC 80% and I select a Sky UK channel, the SNR remains 99%, the AGC remains 80% and the error message appears. If I go back to a channel from 13E it will work immediately, so the motor remains on the same satellite and is not turning. The problem is only on those 3 satellites. Before I re-flashed my dreambox it was working properly. I changed the satellites.xml to a new one with all satellites but with no luck.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

This is because those positions can also be 1w,5E and 28.4.

What you need to do is add those positions

On the remote

1. Menu-Setup-Service Searching-Satellite Configuration.

2. On this screen press the yellow button for new a few times. You should see it adding positions.

Do a soft reboot and you dish should now move to those positions.

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
WOW! Thanks! works perfectly now :) thx again!

Please your sorted mate that problem is a common one. If all images and channel setting used the same orbital position references there would not be a problem.

Ferret

Fisk51

Registered

If all images and channel setting used the same orbital position references there would not be a problem.

yes after so many years...the same "problem"

I think they donn´t talk together....???.