Install OE 2.0

stazeb

Registered
When i try install OE 2.0 van Merlin 3.0 i got an error - "Invalid Image (or old version)".
I have DM8000 with LT8 en SSL 84-r0

Renard

Registered
I installed Merlin3 OE2.0 two weeks ago and it works fine (also a DM8000). Did you flash with webIF ?
Regards, Renard

stazeb

Registered
Yes I have flashed with webIF.
Which version of SSL I need?
I have version 84-r0 in mijn Drembox.

Renard

Registered
For DM8000 you do not have to flash ssl before flashing the image.
SSL84 is actually.
Maybe you should try another browser. I use Opera.
Regards, Renard

Edit: The image, you want to flash, must be a .nfi file. If you have the image as a .zip or .rar file, you have to unpack before flashing. Have a look.

Last edited:

ararat

Renard:) already said it all:

nfi file with WebIf, SSL 84-r0 should do, but it´s not the latest, stazeb:).

You could try latest SSL 84-r10.0 before flashing nfi image. (I´m only 99% sure, but "bin" version in attached ZIP should be correct.)
It´s often not the dreambox that essentially needs it, but latest webbrowsers.

If Opera/Safari won´t do, try Internet Explorer/Windows or latest Firefox 13.1 on Windows/Mac.
If you use programs like "Little Snitch" on MAC have a look in config, if you may have blocked s.th.. (I rather suppose not, but who knows?)

If nothing works, may even be, that your OE2.0 download was corrupt - download again.

If absolutely nothing wants to work using WebIf - "DreamUp" serial flash is always a (time consuming) chance then.

Good luck:thum:

Last edited:

stazeb

Registered
Thanks

I wil try 84-r10. I can flash any image OE 1.6 without any problems
only with OE 2.0 I got an error.

ararat

If it works, stazeb:) - please, tell - then others with same problem know how to solve it:thum:

stazeb

Registered
First: OoZooN-Image-dm8000 OE 2.0 then without any problems Merlin-3_OE-2.0-dm8000. You don't need the: secondstage-bin_84-r10.0_dm8000.

Is any swap manager for Merlin-3_OE-2.0?
I try to install Barry Allen 7.0.9.

Gerry55

Registered
stazeb
With the OoZooN-Image-dm8000 OE 2.0 image do the plug-ins crossepg and fan control2 work?

Renard

Registered
@stazeb: Swapmanager you will find in Merlin Addons.
@Gerry55: Fancontrol2 works with OE 2.0. I think, crossepg is not solved for OE 2.0 yet.
Regards, Renard

Last edited:

ararat

First: OoZooN-Image-dm8000 OE 2.0 then without any problems Merlin-3_OE-2.0-dm8000. You don't need the: secondstage-bin_84-r10.0_dm8000

Let me guess ... flashing OoZooN Oe2.0 image installed newer SSL than 84-r0?
- afterwards no prob flashing Merlin, new SSL was already on box;).
Otherwise, why could Merlin not be flashed without flashing OoZooN before?

ararat

I'm looking for OE2.0 settings (plugin)

Settings depend on the fan you use. In Fancontrol 2, test your fan with yellow button and don´t set higher MAX settings than values shown after 3 mins test.

Nobody can tell you, e.g. if your fan is 3 pin or 4 pin - you must know yourself (have a look at the plug)
Nobody can tell you correct speed (rpm - find out in test): small fans - higher rpm /big fans lower rmp, etc.

There is no overall setting that is correct for all fans in all boxes.
Sorry:mecry:

ararat

and subtitleplayer plugin please?
tank you!

Do you mean subtitle download for recordings/media files on hdd?
You can download online with your box

Menu/Extensions/Multimedia/ Subtitle Downloader

I attach one file (only 99% certain that it may be the correct one as mentioned above), if you want package instead of online download

Last edited: