Orton HD X403p help

Brodie

Donating Member
Hi all...
Hoping someone can help me out... I'm new to sat receivers and having a few problems... I have just purchased an Orton HD X403p and i'm having an issue with no sound in all HD channels (on Sly channels), unless i choose "NAR" (which gives me sound, but also gives me an annoying guy talking all through the channel i'm watching) in the sound menu (the button above the "MENU" button on the remote). I am using HDMI and tested the cable on another tv and device and its working fine.
There is only options for "NAR" and "ENG Dolby D".
In some channels, there is no option to get "NAR" switched on and its stuck with no sound due to only having "ENG Dolby D".

In non HD channels, I have the option to change to "ENG" and i get sound. This option is not available on HD channels...

Also, the box is turning itself off now and then - last couple of times it went for about 40 minutes, then turned off - following time it turned off after 8 minutes - when it does this, it does not show anything on the display and it will not turn back on with the remote. I have to pull the plug from the mains then plug it back in. The "SLEEP" function is not active when this happens. Is this a faulty box? only got it today and i've asked the guy i bought it from on ebay for an exchange!!

Any help would be appreciated (in easy to understand terms - totally new to all this!!)
Cheers in advance... :thum:

amebasu

Registered
Put the newest firmware 1.4.15 or 1.4.18 on !!! The 18 is more stable

Xwindow-GM-1.4.18-X4-byFFTeam

Brodie

Donating Member
Put the newest firmware 1.4.15 or 1.4.18 on !!! The 18 is more stable

Xwindow-GM-1.4.18-X4-byFFTeam
Thanks for the quick reply...

Where do i get the firmware and what do i need to do it? Do i loose all my channels if i change the firmware? how do i get them back if i do?
Sorry for all the questions... I'm a total newbie to this! I'm in the UK and currently have the Sly channels.

Thanks...

JAKITAKI

Super VIP
download from the receiver to stick all of the software (dump)
then, open the dump in the channel list editor, you can make amendments in the channel list, and export the list to the new software.
Upload new software to the receiver.
!! Keep tuned dump, may be necessary, as if something went wrong as you need

Brodie

Donating Member
download from the receiver to stick all of the software (dump)
then, open the dump in the channel list editor, you can make amendments in the channel list, and export the list to the new software.
Upload new software to the receiver.
!! Keep tuned dump, may be necessary, as if something went wrong as you need

Thanks for your reply...
I have no idea where to get the channel list editor from or the new software!
Can anyone advise where and how to do this? I AM NEW TO THIS AND NEVER DONE IT BEFORE. I got my box from eBay and it had the software preinstalled, so i have no idea how to do any of this unless someone would be good enough to explain step by step.
1. Where do i get the software?
2. Where do i get a channel list editor from?
3. How do i "open the dump" in the channel list editor?
4. How do i install the new software?
5. What is a "tuned dump" and how do i use/install it?
6. How do i make amendments to the channel list and why would i have to do this?

SORRY TO SOUND DUMB, BUT I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE DOING ANY OF THIS!!

Thanks in advance to all for your help in advice...

JAKITAKI

Super VIP

Brodie

Donating Member
Read the forum, all software & tools are avaliable to download ! You have tutorials too !

Thanks...
I just wanted some pointers to help me out to find the things i need. Like i said, all this is completely new to me and its a mindfield!! It will take me months to try and get through this forum and understand what its all about. There seems to be hundreds of different types of software/firmware/receivers and i just wanted a bit of guidance to help me find what i need for my particular receiver...
Cheers All

Brodie

Donating Member
software ****> http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=823316&postcount=65
channel editor ******** http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=664994&postcount=29
upgrade ******** http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=663895&postcount=28
How to change software in OPTICUM X402p ******** http://www.sat-universe.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=205871&d=1270739771

search, and read the what's found, it really does not hurt.
first have a lot to read, then take to a change in software
;)

Thanks Jakitaki...
That helps alot!! Much appreciated...
Cheers

shaf

Registered
Hi There ,
I'm new to the forum like yourself and experiencing the same issues. As the box going off and no sound on the HD channels . However i have got around the no sound issue by reading your post thanks.
If you have fixed the issue with the box switching off please let me know..
Thanks

macalad

Registered
@ salakoshina

Dont think you can,check if cccam program is loaded in and just use the remote to enter yer server login details.Hope this helps.

apple5002

Registered
Channel edit ..Orton

Hey Guys..

I was wondering if you could help me with the channel editing on the Orton boxes.

when i press the dump by usb i only get an image file, how do i extract the channel list from it?

Im going a bit loopy tying all sorts now..just need some help please guys..:(

please help

thanks
Tony
:confused:

Thanks for your reply...
I have no idea where to get the channel list editor from or the new software!
Can anyone advise where and how to do this? I AM NEW TO THIS AND NEVER DONE IT BEFORE. I got my box from eBay and it had the software preinstalled, so i have no idea how to do any of this unless someone would be good enough to explain step by step.
1. Where do i get the software?
2. Where do i get a channel list editor from?
3. How do i "open the dump" in the channel list editor?
4. How do i install the new software?
5. What is a "tuned dump" and how do i use/install it?
6. How do i make amendments to the channel list and why would i have to do this?

SORRY TO SOUND DUMB, BUT I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE DOING ANY OF THIS!!

Thanks in advance to all for your help in advice...

wattogod

Registered
hello ppl, i was wonderin if anyone can take the time to explain to me how to setup my orton hd x403p so can see channels which i receive today. i have got no clue what to do from start to end. i would much appreciated it. thanks