2x BDC - No ATR

VIP
There is, and was never was any guarantee that my script would work in every case.

You need to check that your programmer device is setup correctly. It seems to me if you having issues with all software (emk, my script, dragonloader etc) there is something not correct somewhere.

If your card is still in iredto application mode. Your programmer should be set at 6MHz and baud at 9600 with byte convention "direct".

If your card is back to the OS ATR then you should use 3.57Mhz, 9600 baud and also "direct" convention.

EDIT I've just re-read your first post. As Barney has already said, there significant issues with USB based programmers. "Real" phoenix devices on rs232 port are much more relaible.

Last edited:

delboy123

Registered
I use an Infinity Phoenix programmer with rs232 cable.
Only thing is I use a USB to RS232 adapter as I am running a laptop with no RS232 dedicated port.

VIP
The USB to RS232 adapter could well be the problem. It is well known.

I have the same issues on one of my PCs using such an adapter.
I have to use an old PC with a proper rs232 port to get accurate communications.

VIP
BDC ATR Restorer

After some testing I've made some major changes to my BDC_ATR_Restorer WinExplorer script.

This will not resurrect a card that has been killed with a killer BDC file.
However, it will restore the ATR to a BDC which is stuck in application mode and the Dragon Loader cannot erase or detect it.

You must use a Phoenix Interface, initially at 6.00 MHz, ideally in a "real" rs232 comport. Then, when prompted, change to 3.57 Mhz and run the script again. It works fine for me with a CAS3 interface.

It seems I no longer have upload right here so if anyone wants to try the new V2 script, PM me your email and I'll send the script.

delboy123

Registered
Finally!
Managed to program my cards.
Turned out to be the usb to rs232 adapted. I had ruled this out as I did use it for a while when I first got the cards.
Anyway I got hold of an old PC running WinXP and with a dedicated rs232 port which did the job.
So now both of my cards seem fine just need to find out why nova wont clear.
Thanks for all the help.

pigaz

Donating Member
many thanks man . your script work great

tested with bdc no atr and it work again .

Just one thing : at 6 MHZ the card not restored but with 3.58 it's done .

VIP
No, both 6Mhz and 3.57MHz are needed. The "fix" cmd is sent at 6MHz and then you see the restored ATR at 3.57MHz.

It is good to have some independent confirmation that it works. Thank you.

VIP
Do a search for "winexplorer by dexter".
Ideally you want a version > v4.6. I think v5.4 was the last. However, you need to unlock that version - unlock codes are available.

My script automatically configures the settings for you.

O

ooOO_SORGOS_OOoo

i need help for bdc

i have WinExplorer5.4.exe dexter vercion

my bdc say no atr

tell me how to work?