NEW to Technomate TM500

ashiasim

Registered
Hi, Sorry to be pain, i am new to this and just brought technomate TM500 today and wondering if anyone can help me. which image i should burn and from where i can get this. Also can i upload directly from internet, if yes then how.

I have got this basically to get sky sports channels. can i get free these channel? i will really appriciate your help.

many thanks,

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

Use the 500 image from here this is the UR team image

http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=652255&postcount=36

And flash that image to your 500 like this

2. Download TM control center from here and extract it to a folder.

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=133735

3. Start TMCC with the TechnomateCenter.exe

4. Click on the serial tab.

5. Top option set the comport to the one you have your null modem cable connected to usually com1.

6. Now click the file button and select the unrared image you downloaded earlier.

7. Now in front of your TV switch the power OFF on your TM.

8. Press in and hold the UP ^ button and then turn the power back on youll see a setup screen in front of you.

9. Press the up button for serial update then the right > button and then the ok button. This will start the image upload. Wait till it confirms the process is done.

10. Now turn off the power leave it for a min and then turn it back on.

At this point it will go through the standard setup procedure if you need help give us a shout.

Ferret

ashiasim

Registered
thanks for the reply really helpful.
TM control center internet address provided in not working and how can i flash the image mean how will it transfer to box?

ashiasim

Registered
i am trying everything but stuck at this. Also i have usb null modem cable and this is not recoginizing the usb, it is only for serial (com) port

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
7. Now in front of your TV switch the power OFF on your TM,

How this process will work?

Ok in simple terms likk the power pull the plug.

Press in and hold the UP ^ button on the reciver and then turn the power back on youll see a setup screen in front of you.

Ferret

ashiasim

Registered
thanks, i had channels list there already and could wathc free channel, i am just doing factory reset. but is there any other software for usb null port. becasue this is only for COM ports

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If you have a usb serial adapter im afraid i can not help you with that.

Setting that up is a PC issue and without been there hard to help with.

Try find a old computer with a serial port, maybe a mate has one.

Ferret

ashiasim

Registered
ahhh ok, thanks for your help. i will try later this, but if i update this do i have to do anything else after once its load. becasue i will take my receiver to one of my mate and will install the software there, do i need to do something else?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
No mate after the image install the rest can be downloaded from the images addon server or via FTP you will not need the null cable again.

Ferret

ashiasim

Registered
really appriciate ur help, but i will be going on holiday tomorrow and don't think will be able to complete this untill i am back in two weeks time. may i distrub u then. once again thanks

ashiasim

Registered
hi, i have followed the process and connected exactly the way you have told me. i have connected the receiver with the desktop cpmputer who has null modem port but on receiver it is giving me error, PC is not responding..will retry, key[-1]

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
hi, i have followed the process and connected exactly the way you have told me. i have connected the receiver with the desktop cpmputer who has null modem port but on receiver it is giving me error, PC is not responding..will retry, key[-1]

Make sure your using the correct com port.

If your using a usb-serial adapter check your settings in device manager.

Ferret

ashiasim

Registered
I am following exactly same process u mentioned earlier. I have desktop computer now i am not using usb anymore. but still getting same error.
I have looked at the communication setting and they are set as 192.168.1.15 and DHCP is unchecked nameserver and gateway is 192.168.1.1
i have connected got ethernet connection to the receiver but it says no internet connection.

ashiasim

Registered
thanks for the all help. but when i click on update as mentioned in guide it gives me error:failed to connect to the 192.168...(IP address)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Your using a null modem cable so you don't press the update tab you press the serial tab.

Ferret