How to get box on right frequency?

itenary

Registered
Hi

I have a Vu+ Uno with VTI 6.5.0 image.

When I scan a satellite, I get a list of the channels available and I can go from channel to channel.

What I don't know is how to get the box to show a specific frequency.

Does that make sense?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dany

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
press menu information/service in there is different colours for service pids etc just press that colour on the remote

itenary

Registered
Thanks Brummie. but I think I didn't ask my question correctly.

Let's say that I want to watch a feed on 16E 11663V 19200

I press "+" then "GREEN" to list all sats then I select "16E services" and I get a list of all the channels available.

But nowhere on there is a channel called 11663V. How do I find it?

Thanks

Dany

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
11663V is a transponder you have to go to menu setup/service searching/manual transponder scan add then add the figures in the boxes 11663 V 19200 3/4 or what ever it is then press scan

P.S make sure you are on the sat you want to scan, and choose scan type single transponder not single sat

itenary

Registered
ok.

I have found this feed on satelliweb:

10E
H
3/4
French football

I have scanned the tp but 0 services found. Is it because the info could be wrong or because of my location (near B'ham, UK) or am I doing something wrong?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
have you got 16e already in your tuner and can you get any other channels on 16e if not you need to add it to your tuner

you might be better off adding a new satellite.xml file

go here http://satellites-xml.eu/ and tick all the satellites you want to view then go to the bottom of the page and put the matching number in to download it, then ftp the xml file to etc folder and overwrite your own,after this reboot then you should have an upto date transponder list

itenary

Registered
Yes Brummie, I have 10E already. When I do a manual single sat scan, I only only get 8 tv services, all on 11615 V

Although when the scan is complete, it says 100% done 61 services found. I don't know what the other 53 are (61-8) as none show in radio.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
press ok so you see your sat list then look in 10E New they should be there

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
are you using usals or a DiSEqC if DiSEqC try nudging your dish to get a better signal then scan again
plus the weather we got today I would leave it until better weather gale force 12 here