Go Back   Sat Universe > Smartcards > Programmers

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Smargo smartreader v2 problem

Programmers

Old 10-01-2014, 12:13  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Smargo smartreader v2 problem

I baught a smargo smartreader V2 from Satboy.Trying to assaign a serial number.Ive tried windows7 and Ubuntu.Several diffrent pcs.
On windows7 the smargo is recognised by windows and driver is installed.It shows up Usbserialport.
Starting up smartreaderupdate v.10.It finds the smarego on comx.Pressing update Im adviced to remove the smargo.Then to insert it.Smartreaderupdate v10
is idle without the update alternativ showing.After some time the update alternativ shows again.Is it updated now?
Starting smartreader2settings v10 it finds the smargo on comx entering device = SRv2;Serial:bla123.Save settings.now 1 of 2 things happens.Eiter I get a write error or the prog hangs.
According to the instructions I shold :
Assign a name to your smartreader under windows
*start selection editor
*fill out new name and save settings
*select in the device manager: Universal Serial Bus-controllers
*double click USB Serial Converter
*remove and insert smartreader
*select advanced tab
*select VCP (selection is not visible!)

all of wich I understan except:
select VCP (selection is not visible!)

How can I select something that isnt visible?

Under Ubuntu:
smartreader2update finds smargo and confirms latest firmware 1.3
smartreader2tool cant find the smargo

contacting Satboy wasnt verry helpfull.The response from them was:
the smartreader isn’t faulty. Else it wouldn’t be recognized in Linux and Windows.
You do firmwareupdates on your own risk. If there went something wrong you’ve lost your warranty.

Nowhere on their site or on Argos for that matter is any mentioning of any loss of warrenty using the tools provided by Argos.

I surly will do my shopping elswhere in the future

Anyone with any sollution?
Old 11-01-2014, 15:36  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

An update.
Argolis had no problem at all replacing the Smargo.Some people take care of their customers others givs you a lod of horsecrap.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:24  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I do not know if argolis will sell much of this reader in future.many, many people with problemm to update the reader and there are no support from argolis. by my side I will never buy an argolis product again.
Old 28-08-2018, 20:45  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

protocol = smargo
device = /dev/ttyUSB0
Old 13-09-2018, 15:11  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default files usb smargo

files for usb smargo reparator

https://www.fichier-rar.fr/2018/09/1...artreader094b/
Old 05-04-2019, 21:48  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toninero View Post
File missing bro
Old 07-11-2019, 23:25  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I have same problem with this reader. please help.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:47  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

What firmware have your smargo ???