Why I cannot find crypt8?

lostdesperado

Registered
Hi,

i found few feeds, but every time i try to record ts file, it gave me 0 crypt8. I tried to record different period of times from 10sec to even 20 minutes and still without any crypt8. What am I doing wrong? Is it because i use tbs6903? Maybe i should use hardware decoders like drhd or something?

Regards

Martin.Wigston

Registered
You need to turn off any softcam like vplug or remove any BISS key that might be set, also you need to record all audio PIDs

lostdesperado

Registered
Can You guys check if You can get crypt from this feed: If You can that means that i have something wrong with my software
12,5w 11463 H 3199

lostdesperado

Registered
Looks like they are not sending out crypt8's at the moment.

Is there any rule to find the time when they send it? I thougt it's constant proces with crypt8. So that means thah i have to record it in other time or something? For example just after that i notice that transponder is on?

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Sometimes it's constant, sometimes they just send it out for a short period and never again. They do that to stop people like us getting the key.
They may not be actually transmitting anything at the moment, that is another possible reason.

lostdesperado

Registered
There's transmition at the time for 100% i think, i need to search/record again and again. Thanks for information, I'm calm now with this knowledge that my hardware/software is ok.

Regards

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I am recording a longer file but don't have much more time as I have to go to work, sadly.

lostdesperado

Registered
I am recording a longer file but don't have much more time as I have to go to work, sadly.

I think You have found the solution - I've tried to record even 20 minutes with no effect, so I guess they're not sending crypt8 at the moment.

Sorry for my english btw.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Nothing at all found for me also.

How long is this even going on, do you know?

I can see it's horse racing.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Any other tips to ensure you get a crypt8 from a ts file? Start recording as feed starts?
Yes its best to try that if you know exact start time for feed event you should be ready to record 1 hour before event begins as that is usually when a feed will very likely show up with a TEST Card which is your best hope to find a Crypt8 .
Good luck : )