Best Blind Scan Receiver for Feed Hunting

william-1

Feed Hunter
TM5502 & TM5302HD Software Date 23 May 2015 (Blind Scan)

The TM5302HD software version V01.04 & TM5502HD software version V01.02

New software issued 23rd May 2015 id=3 EAST Fixed ?

Blind Scan better now as it used to go in a continuous loop on one frequency occasionally,

Still No1 for Blind Scans & Feed Hunting in my opinion,

I have thoroughly check out this software the only fault I can find with it is after a Blind Scan you cannot view the 1st tv channel you have to go to the next channel then back to the 1st then you can view all tv ?

Unlike other TM non Linux where there is a pregnant pause of 10 to 20 sec before the Blind Scan starts (TM5402 & TM6902)

The TM5502 & 5302 starts the Blind Scan straight away with no delays :)

Plus other features that make this the best Blind Scan Receiver:-

Satellite Finder = Spectrum Analyser allows you to see all Ku band activity on each satellite so you can set your start & finish for a Blind Scan in the Productive areas of the Ku band on each satellite this version of the Spectrum Analyser on the TM5502HD is far more accurate & detailed than the TM5402HD M3 version,

By going to advanced search move the cursor to Transponder now press the OK button then press the yellow button to Delete All transponders very useful on feed satellites,
Then Exit Exit & Go to Blind Search set your stop & start then press the Red button for the receiver to load a new active transponder data base it is that easy & quick :)

ufeedo

Registered
Openbox Diamond can good Blind scan, blind scanning is the same scan type in other ali, Sunplus Receiver!
and the box can acm,vcm! tested on astra 31,5°E founded and locked.:clapping:low SR is no Problem! tested on 42°E SR 410!:D:thum: Blind scan is not so perfect!

same hisilicon 3712 based box in USA Geosatpro HDVR 3500 or Vivant viv 001..
openbox is much smaller than geosatpro or vivant in China!
remote,remote buttons ist not same!

Video blind scan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVeci0ODhhE

Last edited:

chaoscreator

Registered
For me the most important thing with blind scanners is that they are fast in scanning!!

Fastest blind scanning receiver that i tried and now own is Octagon SF 1008HD. You can´t make any fine adjustment with the blind scanning options (mhz steps), it just have one (don´t now how many mhz steps it do take when it scans). The result of the scans are good enough for me it and it receives even tp:s with low SR and it is super fast you get a satellite scanned for free ku channels (both H and V polarisation) in just 12 minutes (scanned now 10E to take a time for the scan). The less transponders it finds the faster the scan is. 10E usually contains 60-80 found transponders that are found and scanned (not the fastest satellite to scan). This time it found 70 tp:s with a 110 cm motorised dish.
And one really good feature of this receiver for blind scanner is that it always tells how many new channels it finds when the scan ends => and they are always placed in the end of the channel list so its really easy to check which new channels were found.

About Azbox Premium HD+ it is so slow in blindscan that you don´t want to use it for blindscaning. I own one and you really dont want to use it for this even though the result should be good.

Last edited:

Serafeim

Registered
I think receivers technomate 5402 m3, f3/5, clarke tech 4100 and dr.hd d15 have the fastest blind scan function.

ufeedo

Registered
best quickest blind scan box is openbox SXs..
1.Openbox sx4,4 base,sx6 <<no mhz step function:D
2.Dr.HD D15 << **** Technomate TM 5402 MK3 HD Super+ same Box
3.Openbox Diamond/Geosatpro HDVR 3500/Vivant viv 001 acm/vcm/apsk/multistream no Problem!
but openbox sx,dr hd Software update is very bad, wait 6 monts for any update!:mad: bad infobar!:(:mad:
very last scrap! little storage 7000chs. capacity
since an E2 box I prefer unlimited program capacity!

freebet1

Donating Member
Receivers; Technomate series, ClarckTech 4100HD etc.

DVB-S2 card ; TBS 6983 best.

With TBS 6983, BlindScan2 mode, full range scan, 10 seconds. Maybe less.

i have TBS 5925 usb.
but i want and one receiver to see feed 4:2:2 and hd feeds.
your suggestion please

serkanguzel

Registered
i have TBS 5925 usb.
but i want and one receiver to see feed 4:2:2 and hd feeds.
your suggestion please

Only blind scan ! Receivers; Technomate series, ClarckTech 4100HD etc.

4:2:2 issue is a very different matter.

As a receiver; It is possible with professional equipment.

Because, 4:2:2 to decode, need a powerful processor.

"H.264 & 4:2:2" videos the 4K receiver will decode. Because there is intensive data processing capability. ( not H.265 & 4:2:2 )

OK !?

dahaka

Registered
Only blind scan ! Receivers; Technomate series, ClarckTech 4100HD etc.

4:2:2 issue is a very different matter.

As a receiver; It is possible with professional equipment.

Because, 4:2:2 to decode, need a powerful processor.

"H.264 & 4:2:2" videos the 4K receiver will decode. Because there is intensive data processing capability. ( not H.265 & 4:2:2 )

OK !?

I heard from other guys there are some cheap receiver can decode 4.2.2 like Hiroshima 4400 (about 20$) ,it isn't got powerful processor , Its related to the codec used at software ,
Spark Box expensive and powerful but can't decode 4.2.2 because of the codec used at software .

serkanguzel

Registered
I heard from other guys there are some cheap receiver can decode 4.2.2 like Hiroshima 4400 (about 20$) ,it isn't got powerful processor , Its related to the codec used at software ,
Spark Box expensive and powerful but can't decode 4.2.2 because of the codec used at software .

If it were codec problem, was it may be possible to find the solution.

As 4:2:2; there are many professional equipment.

Last edited:

dahaka

Registered
If it were codec problem, was it may be possible to find the solution.

As 4:2:2; there are many professional equipment.

Spark Box can stream audio and video to Computer after De-crypt the encryption (Biss) and Computer show the picture , What that means ?

serkanguzel

Registered
Spark Box can stream audio and video to Computer after De-crypt the encryption (Biss) and Computer show the picture , What that means ?

They say it is !

AzBox also for, they said it. In the past !

Seen that; AzBox H.264&4:2:2" can not decode in.

When we understand ?

We understand; After much sold...

Signal from the tuner; After transfer to the PC, no problem anyway.

The important thing is to solve the device while in the whole process.

As a result; Without powerful processor, "H.264 & 4:2:2" can not.