ds sunrise

jagger-m

Registered
Hello,
I have problems with addon instalation on this image.
Fix procedure from theirs web site doesnt work also.
Message "xml file not found" appears after attempt to install addon.
Any clue ?

Regards

ALG

Registered
unless you recompile the addon, the only way is to download the addon and then open the .tar.gz file and then look at the install.xml file, this will tell you what files from the addon go where and the CHMOD value.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
What I did when I switched to DS Team is just copied all the files from my old image using flash wizard pro "Advanced smartcopy" option. I copied file from /var/bin /var/keys /var/tuxbox/plugins
But you can do the same manually with ftp tool. Anyway for ds team to show emulators in the list when you press blue button you have to edit:
/var/tuxbox/emulist.xml

It looks something like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<emulist>
<emu emulator="Common Interface" osdname="CI" emuscript="" daemon="" filecheck=""/>

daemon should be the name of emu binary, other options you can enter what you want.
As for plugins, having .so and .cfg files of plugins in /var/tuxbox/plugins is enough for them to show under yellow button and to work properly.

Now this is just what I did, more like improvisation. There is a quite longer text on another board that explains how to add plugins and emus properly in this image. But I think it is a little long to read and it is not a must to do in the way they explain. But if you want I can copy the procedure here.

jagger-m

Registered
OK,I will try to inspect tar.gz, install.xml file and chmod.I will also try smart wizz copy from old image and manual ftp copy with editing xml.
Thanks for answers,
will post my results later here

Regards

jagger-m

Registered
All working with smart copy option from flash wizzard.
Also, I had to copie tmp folder from previous image (colosseum)to get full gain. :)
/var/bin
/var/keys
/var/tuxbox/plugins
/tmp
and add lines for emu in /var/tuxbox/emulist.xml
I didnt tryed to open addon.tar.gz yet ,(to inspect install.xml and paths) for emus but I will do it later .
Thanks for yours answers,
ds-sunrise is great image!!

Regards