Go Back   Sat Universe > Technomate > Technomate Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

TM5402 M4 Firmware chat

Technomate Chat

Old 04-01-2022, 21:31  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

sorry mate, im late to the party!!

The Following User Says Thank You to manikm For This Useful Post:
manic01 (04-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 16:14  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Would like to say an appreciation to barney and manic for taking the plunge about what happens after doing a factory reset in regards to the green stuff with new patch as i and am sure many others were thinking the same. I have now done a factory reset and all ok as before and one of the other things was to generate the new satellites added which were missing before, only problem is now to start a new satellite list. Agree with barney also that the Biss au is continuing to be a disappointment a fix for this would be welcome.
As far as i can see the Biss ident has been removed from the patch menu but i assume can be added or use maybe control word ident. Overall the receiver is far from perfect there has been a decent level of support now especially with last two patches and in my opinion is a good receiver for what i need.

Last edited by Coastman; 05-01-2022 at 16:18..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coastman For This Useful Post:
barney115 (05-01-2022), Ferret (05-01-2022), holmroad (06-01-2022), manic01 (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 16:57  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 103,988 Times in 21,587 Posts

It was me that took the plunge to load the new TM5402 M4 patch and factory reset => https://www.sat-universe.com/showpos...&postcount=284

my feedback => https://www.sat-universe.com/showpos...&postcount=286

Biss AU and still no Box Serial Number was the only major faults found with latest M4 Patch
hopefully it'll be addressed and fixed soon ..
The Following User Says Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
Coastman (06-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 17:02  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 103,988 Times in 21,587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastman View Post
only problem is now to start a new satellite list.
That is why you always and forever back up your channel list settings to a USB Stick to avoid having to add in everything again ..to load your channel settings again only takes a few moments via USB it is always advised to back up before factory resetting i thought everyone would have known this already it just makes life so much easier 100% of the time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
Coastman (06-01-2022), holmroad (06-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 19:06  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney115 View Post
That is why you always and forever back up your channel list settings to a USB Stick to avoid having to add in everything again ..to load your channel settings again only takes a few moments via USB it is always advised to back up before factory resetting i thought everyone would have known this already it just makes life so much easier 100% of the time
I think he means new patch has new sats in db, so his old list will remove them? Personally would stick with old list.
Also can use your TM5402 M3 list saved through ct editor ok

Last edited by manic01; 06-01-2022 at 16:04..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
barney115 (05-01-2022), Coastman (06-01-2022), Ferret (05-01-2022), holmroad (06-01-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 15:15  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney115 View Post
It was me that took the plunge to load the new TM5402 M4 patch and factory reset => https://www.sat-universe.com/showpos...&postcount=284

my feedback => https://www.sat-universe.com/showpos...&postcount=286

Biss AU and still no Box Serial Number was the only major faults found with latest M4 Patch
hopefully it'll be addressed and fixed soon ..
Apologies barney for not giving you sole credit for the first factory reset. With regards backup channel list i definitely know to do this, i have been doing it for years with factory resets it was just what manic said i wanted the extra satellites added as there were a lot missed on all previous firmwares and obviously just reinputting my previous channel list which i have backed up would only get me what i had.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coastman For This Useful Post:
holmroad (07-01-2022), manic01 (06-01-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 15:21  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
I think he means new patch has new sats in db, so his old list will remove them? Personally woukd stick with old list.
Also can use your TM5402 M3 list saved through ct editor ok
Personally not used my old M3 channel list as have been under the impression it would not work as thought M4 uses different file format system but thanks for the tip about channel editor.

Last edited by Coastman; 06-01-2022 at 15:25..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coastman For This Useful Post:
holmroad (07-01-2022), manic01 (06-01-2022)