Dual tuner setup

bud788

Registered
Hi..just ordered a solo2 and was wondering about the dual tuner, i have a 1.1mtr dish with a single lnb. right my question is will i need a twin lnb and a new cable fitted or can i put a 2 WAY TV CABLE SATELLITE SIGNAL SPLITTER ?

cheers bud

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
you will be better off changing the LNB to a dual out and run 2 cables to the box then you can record one prog and watch another or if you have a mini sky dish run a cable from that to one of the tuners then i take it your 1 meter dish is motorised,so then you have a fixed dish on 28.2 east on one tuner and the motorised setup on the other,that way you can record from your motorised setup whilst watching from your fixed dish and vise versa,if you run 2 cables from your motorised dish you can only record from the same sat that the dish is pointing at.

Pheonix

Registered
using splitters with satellite tuners is not recommended and it can cause damage to both the receiver and LNB. ideally you need a separate feed from the LNB to each tuner or in the case of the new Vu dual tuner, one feed per input.