Loss of signal dreambox 500s?

hoho33

Registered
Hello to everyone on this wonderful place,

this my frist post, i hope not last :)

I need help, advice or anything, I have the following problem with Dremabox 500s, bought new - unused, it is a good clone purchased in Germany, with the label Dreambox DM500-S on front of it hologram on bottom of dm, and MAC address starting with 00 09 xx ..... (Silver Dreambox 500s - older model probably)

When I connect it to the LNB for first time, it hold 5-15 minutes very good signal 90-95% on Astra 19.2, and great quality of picture, and then suddenly for unknown reasons, fell to 25% and does not vary with the size !?

Another thing that I noticed that my DM500-S heated abnormally, when I touch the part where the cable enters port IN - TUNER, it is very hot, and what I thought of was that maybe the problem with overheating, my DM500-S works ok some 5-15 minutes is the signal ok, while not does not seem to overheat and then suddenly the signal drops to 25% and not go up more from this 25%!?

Something like overheating of tuner is maybe problem, or whatever, cause TUNER PORT IN is too hot after 5-15 minutes, and when i restart DM500s, after it becomes so hot, then it can hold signal more than 30 seconds... Maybe some problem with overheating tuner or whatever?

At the same satellite dish and LNB, tested another Dreambox 500s and no problem has a good signal!

What can be a problem, a bad image, or maybe a hardware problem? I found the info in a few places that no signal can be a problem to some famous transistors Q72

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWozeIeLcW0"]YouTube - Dreambox 500s tuner (no signal) fix HD Video[/ame]

but this problem with Q72 transistor is for DM500s boxes which can catch signal more than 60%, but here in my case signal is catched on 95%, but after some period 5-15 minutes, it drop signal to 25%, some causes this droping signal :( , but i can't discover what!

I looked at a friend's DM500-S and I noticed that the IBM has a passive CPU cooler - heat sink through the entire CPU, while the motherboard of my DM500-S does not have this passive cooler-heatsink on the CPU?

Is it perhaps the problem of overheating because my DM500-S doesn't have a passive cooler or already?

If anyone has similar experience with the dreambox 500s that he drops the signal from 95% to 25% after a few minutes and the like, may tell?

Thanks a lot!

What do you propose to try the flash with some image Enigma, Gemini or already? Even i think this is hardware problem probably... What do you think is this problem Q72 transistor or maybe overheating?

i tried with other power adapter of my friend's dm500s, and his satellite dish and LNB, and same thing again happens...

Signal is ok 95% - picture great on Astra 19.2 - RTL2, RAI, ARTE, etc.

and it hold picture about 5-15 minutes, and once suddenly after 5-15 minutes, signal just drop to 25% - SNR, it's very strange, like something happens inside box, DVB tuner or whatever, something like overheating, cause maybe after 5-10 or 15 minutes, it becomes so hot, and break signal down ...

I'll be happy just if i discover what's problem, what cause droping signal after 5-10-15 minutes, DVD tuner, Q72 transistor, or whatever, then i'll can replace some part which is problematic...

In this moment i'm lost, cause i can't find what's problem..

Can you suggest me, some another thing to try, to test, to find what cause this droping signal from 95% to 25% after 5-15 minutes...

Please help with any advice, experience of similar proposals in order to solve this problem, no signal dreambox 500s?

Thanks a lot!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
The info you have found is right signal loss can be caused by a faulty q72 however your heat problem says to me it is not just a q72 problem and after cooling down signal returns so q72 may not be the problem what is im not sure.

Ferret

hoho33

Registered
Yes, right that, firstly i though that problem is in Q72 transistor, but when i get signal on 95% and 10 minutes everything stable, and after 10 minutes it droped signal on 25% - SNR, probably after some overheating, this gave me idea that something another than Q72 is problem, then i doublted that is problem with Q72...

Probably some electrolyte, capacitor on tuner are bad and need to change them...

Anyway tnx man!

Greetzz ;)

Boolf

Registered
dm500 stops after few minutes

Did you find the solution for this DM500s problem. Because I have the same problem.
Thanks