DM800HD Clone - with SSL79 8a8f8 Ferrari - Search new SSL / new image

fced

Registered
Hello everybody

It's two years ago i have stopped to use my DM800HD clone...
The latest SSL i have installed in it is SSL79 from ferrari...

And today i want to use my DM800HD again...

I need some advise about :
- Should i update again the SSL with another more recent from Ferrari ?
- What image should i install to use with OScam (actually the image installed is an ICVS Experimental 2011-03-24) ?

Thankyou in advance
Cedric

fced

Registered
I would like to know also if my DM800HD support OE2.0 images ... ?
Anyone know ?

fced

Registered
Thanks Ferret,
But it's not a Ferrari simcard...
It's the simcard which was inside the DM800 when i bought it, when i received my DM800 clone, the boot loader was SSL 72...

I updated the boot loader to the DM800 simcard with ferrari ssl79 because it was the only solution to use recent image... as do all dreambox 800 clone owner...

But it was two years ago... and now i didn't remember everything about flashing the dm800 without bricking it...

So i need some advice :
1/ Can i flash my dm800 clone with the 88f ssl without bricking it
2/ if not, what is the latest image i can install on my DM800 without bricking it...

Thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yes flash 88ssl

Then one of the Ferrari image all linked to in my previous post.

fced

Registered
ah ok
I was persuaded if i flash with latest boot loader it will brick my dm800...
About the boot loader it's a modified one i suppose, not the original one.. ?
Should i download it from 8a8f8 website like i was doing with the older boot loader ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Its the correct bootloader for a Ferrari clone.

fced

Registered
ok,
i hope it will not brick my dm800, because my DM800 is not a Ferrari box...
I just installed their boatloader SSL79 on it to install newer images two years ago...

But it neither my simcard or my dm800 are a ferrari...

fced

Registered
After flashing, my box, with latest bootloader SSL 88 Ferrari, and flashed with icvs i found here :
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=219375&page=26

I got an error on the lcd just after i plug power (error ca not found):
Sim 2.01 image not compatible or something like that...

The i reflashed the dm800 with ssl88 ferrari, and rebooted.
The box booted but when enigma started to load (i have see the enigma spinner) i got a message :
"Hardware not found"....

What should i do now ?
Any help please ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You flashed a Ferrari bootloader then a sim2 image that is why you got the no ca error

Hardeware not forund is a driver error

Simply flash another Ferrari image.

fced

Registered
It's what i have done,
I have reflashed Ferrari-SSL82F-iCVS-Image-dm800-update20110730162154.nfi and it work,
but if possible i would like to have a more recent image...
The think i do not understand, is i have installed perfectly ferrari ssl88, and rebooted, but problem came during enigma launch, i got the spinner during 1 mn, and then the message "no hardware detected"..

Any advise ?

fced

Registered
Ok, here is where i am...
I can flash image with SSL82 bootloader, if i reflash with ssl82F behind...
Image with SSL84 brick my dm800... I thought my sim was a sim 2.01 but now i'm not sure...

I'm just trying to found a simple original image with ssl82, to flash my box, like icvs or openpli or may be an LT7, but most of the link to the image i have found on sat-universe point to this ilivid downloader (i hate those malwares)...
And if the link is working, it's an modified by a pussie image... with plugins inside, modified bootlogo, and with their name in big on the screen etc... Pfff

I like factories images ... clean, soft, with nothing i don't want inside...

Question 1: Can someone help me if possible to flash my dreambox with ssl84 ? is it possible ? i have read ssl84 don't brick sim 2.01 but i'm not sure...

I have also ordered a SIM 2.10 ferrari to dreambox online, i wait it now...

Question 2 ; what simcard should i buy, is there better brand than ferrari ? or is ferrari the best brand ?

I have paid for this simcard 45 pound sterling so i don't want to pay for nothing ...

The seller from dreambox online have said if i want ferrari simcard i just have to tell him in the order, but i know nothing about simcard, it's now two years i have stopped inform me about dreambox (and now i remember why i have buy a Vusolo)...

fced

Registered
Ok,
To be able to flash with the icvs present here :
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=219375&page=26

I have done :
1/ updated my dm800hd with Ferrari SS88F
2/ updated the image icvs 2012/12
3/ Reflashed with Ferrari SS88F (like we do usually with all original images, two years ago)
4/ When enigma started and showed me the message : Hardware not found i have done like this guy recommended : http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=142498
- Installed old drivers (the one patched by Mfaraj)
5/Rebooted the box and it have worked...

The thing i don't understand, is if my simcard is an 2.0 and not a 2.01, why did it accept SS88F... ?

fced

Registered
Another thing i do not understand is why if in telnet i ask what is the second-stage installed (ipkg list | grep second)it respond me 84-r0 (after i installed the image, i updated the dm800hd with SS88f)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ok,
3/ Reflashed with Ferrari SS88F (like we do usually with all original images, two years ago)

You can not flash original image you have to use patched Ferrari images.

fced

Registered
not only,
I have flashed the latest openpli, and it have worked, but of course, after flashing the openpli, i have reflashed with the SSL88F, and then when openpli booted, i installed the dbv-modules from Mfaraj ...$

It don't work for all images, for example, for the : Polar image, it don't have worked... Polar Team THOR Image -dm800hd-20130422, during reboot, i have got a purpple screen...

I have always done like this... I don't like images from other peoples... how know what they put inside...
Even two years ago, i always flashed original images, then flashed the second stage which was supported by my DM800...

And also with the dvb-modules, two years ago, i remember i had found a trick to patch dvbmodules, by replacing BCM7504 and Alp files... it was two years ago, so i don't remember exactly, but hour after hours i remember things...

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
And also with the dvb-modules, two years ago, i remember i had found a trick to patch dvbmodules, by replacing BCM7504 and Alp files... it was two years ago, so i don't remember exactly, but hour after hours i remember things...

Openpli is clone friendly.

To get hold of the tuner driver install a current Ferrari image and then backup the driver from it.

Then you have the drivers these wont help you with recent image though as enigma 2 also requires patching.

fced

Registered
Good to know...

i think you were right, i had probably flashed a ferrari, or patched image, because, just now i tried with the latest original icvs image, reflashed the bootloader, and the box is stuck on ferrari ss88 /flash/vmlinux.gz on lcd.. and reboot in a loop after a while.

But another time, you are right, openpli work without problem...

How can i backup drivers from within an image ? Manually by going into the folders or is there a backup tool ?

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah you need to reflash with patched image.