Motorised dish mount.

emanresu

Donating Member
Motorised dish problem

Hi, do any of the members here have experience setting one of these on a pebble dash wall as it has given me some problems. Unfortunately I cannot get the pole to mount vertical with t and k brackets. I have tried 2 different sets of brackets but it gives the same readings for each. I checked the level of the mount on the sides and the outward part which seem level but when the pole is mounted it is not vertical no matter what. the best it comes is 3 sides level. Any suggestions on this appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

SilverHippy

Registered
I've had success using a Rawlplug ( bolt projecting version) that then gives you projecting studs on which to mount the brackets. On each stud once they've been fastened to the wall screw on a back nut & then a washer, then the bracket and then another washer & nut. You can then adjust each fixing point individually to get the right level.

emanresu

Donating Member
They sound like a good option. Is it not possible then the regular way. The mounts appear level currently but very little of the surface of the mount hits the wall only near the side elongated holes and I had to put a wooden divet to raise the mount near the end hole to get the outward part level. What actually causes it to go out of level as I thought once the mount is level the pole should be to?

SilverHippy

Registered
If the wedge is made of metal then yes it should work but a wooden wedge will just compress. I'll send you a pm with link to the one I was suggesting.

RimaNTSS

Registered
@emanresu Could you post couple of pictures of your install, other-ways it is hard to imagine how it looks like.

emanresu

Donating Member
I checked today and the bolt projecting screws wont work for my setup. When others were setup the pole to the brackets did the pole mount completely flush against brackets ie tiny spaces between pole and bracket as once tightened this might throw it off slightly? any suggestions welcome again.

SilverHippy

Registered
That sounds like the problem, the top and bottom section arms should be square and true with each other, then there will be no spaces between the pole & the face of the bracket arms. Chisel off the pebble dash under the brackets or put a cement skim over the wall or pack each fixing point with washers. You could also use a short section of pole and assemble the T & K sections at ground level first, this will then allow you to check that they're square to each other before mounting the pair onto the wall but if the uneven wall surface is not corrected first then the problem will just transfer to the end stage.

emanresu

Donating Member
I have the pebble dash chipped off but even with that the k just hits the wall near the 3 fixing points. The surface underneath is uneven also. I will try the washer idea but they will be on uneven surface aswell. Once the pole is mounted on the k if everything was right it should give the same level readings on each side?

emanresu

Donating Member
The washer packing of the fixing points didn't work either. I read elsewhere that some one corrected this with wooden padding behind the mounting plates to set it vertical on a non vertical wall. Wonder if this would work for my setup?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Why not elongate the holes your ubolts go through in to slots giving you adjustment in the vertical plain ?

emanresu

Donating Member
I have enough room for adjustment but the problem is it never comes vertical on both ends only one.

SilverHippy

Registered
Is that pole or bracket ? Any chance of a photo with clear explanation. I personally wouldn't use wood but whatever works use it.

emanresu

Donating Member
That's the pole. The brackets all level out easy enough with adjustments and shims but not the pole. I can twist the pole in the u bolts to get it vertical but then one of the sides will be out or vice versa.

RimaNTSS

Registered
That sounds like magic! Ether it is not related to SAT-TV or you better show some pictures. Basic question here is: You can not get your pole plumb? Ask professional installer (person who can do that) then!

emanresu

Donating Member
@ RimaNTSS firstly thanks for your reply. By twist as in rotate when the u bolts are loosely tightened. I have no picture to show as nothing is on the wall atm but I can get a few from goggle of similar setups on uneven walls. The setup is pretty handy on flat even walls but Ive not heard of anyone with this on pebble dash walls setup correctly. Silver got his done with special bolts that that mount away from the wall but they wont work for my setup as the wall is already drilled for the regular bolts as I mentioned above.

RimaNTSS

Registered
I have no picture to show as nothing is on the wall atm but I can get a few from goggle of similar setups on uneven walls.
Sorry, still do not understand! You have nothing on the wall, but saying you can not do that! I still think it is nothing to do with SAT-TV but issue of simple leveling of the pole. If there are only 3 fixing points you are going to use, than any (I mean ANY) surface can be properly adjusted on those 3 points!

SilverHippy

Registered
That's the pole. The brackets all level out easy enough with adjustments and shims but not the pole. I can twist the pole in the u bolts to get it vertical but then one of the sides will be out or vice versa.

If that's the case then the pole isn't straight its bent surely, what's it made of, steel or alloy.

emanresu

Donating Member
Thanks for the suggestions hip appreciate it. Here are some photos I found of other installs on similar walls and the pole looks unvertical in the 3.

Last edited: