Dish 78cm 4LNB

eliosfederico

Registered
Hi,
I repositioned the lnb's. 2 on left side and 2 on the right side. I repositioned also the dish. I got overall improvement on signal except on hotbird 13. It's currently raining and I get around 90% on 23.5, 19,2, 28.2 but on 13 I get 63% and on some trasponders 75%.

Why?

csell

Registered
Hi Eliosfederico.

As I remember did I make some small adjustment in the days after I installed mine. May be you must accept a little less signal
for 23.5, 19,2, 28.2 to improve the signal for 13E. You can try to move the LNB for 13E up/down - Sideways - Rotate it for better SKEW -
Back/Forward in the holder.

I se you use Rocket type LNB's. I expect the reason is the small distance between 19,2 and 23.5 / 23.5 and 28.2.
But it is in fact possible to use the normal kind of LNB, just for 13E.

From time to time I read from people that are unhappy with the rocket type of LNB ( less signal ). If you can't adjust 13E for more signal may be it was something to try?

Carsten.

eliosfederico

Registered
Hi Eliosfederico.

As I remember did I make some small adjustment in the days after I installed mine. May be you must accept a little less signal
for 23.5, 19,2, 28.2 to improve the signal for 13E. You can try to move the LNB for 13E up/down - Sideways - Rotate it for better SKEW -
Back/Forward in the holder.

I se you use Rocket type LNB's. I expect the reason is the small distance between 19,2 and 23.5 / 23.5 and 28.2.
But it is in fact possible to use the normal kind of LNB, just for 13E.

From time to time I read from people that are unhappy with the rocket type of LNB ( less signal ). If you can't adjust 13E for more signal may be it was something to try?

Carsten.

Hi,
after hours of testing this is my current situation:
I moved the LNB's. Now I have (if you look from the front of the dish): 28.2,23.5 --- 19.2,13.0. Before I had: 28.2,23.5,19.2 --- 13.0.
Changing this brought a significant improvement of signal on 28.2 and 23.5. I have now 100% on 28.2, 90% on 23.5, around 85% on 19.2 and 70% on 13. 13 is the only one that didn't benefit from the change, infact before I had around 75%. My question is why I have so high signal on 28.2 and not on 19.2 which is on focus? I tried everything with the 13, even putting a normal size LNB, tried to move it in the holder and on the rail, 70% is the best I can get. Here some photos:

Last edited:

csell

Registered
Hi.

I don't know if you have a LNB holder for a single LNB for your dish?

If you have, can you try to unscrew the aluminium profile and mount the single LNB holder instead and try to adjust the dish to 13E to se how strong signal you can optain just with one 13E LNB in the middle?

If you can't get the wanted sinal is your dish to small. I don't expect it to be, but this can prove it?

12054H is not the strongest transponder on Eutelsat Hot Bird 13B, but if this is the channels you want to se, then you need a good signal.

I can't link to one on this forum, but sometimes i see a drawing of all the satellites in an arc above equator.
From Netherland will all your wanted satellites be on one side of the arc and nearly in a straight line. But only nearly.

I am not sure but the Triax profile is straigt and the satellites are not exatly located on a straight line, so I expect it only will be possible to adjust two of the satellite to maximum. But I can't understand why the 13E can't be one of them.

I did succeed to adjust 5 LNB's on mine. 2-3 was stronger than the others, but all was OK.

Regards Carsten.

eliosfederico

Registered
Hi.

I don't know if you have a LNB holder for a single LNB for your dish?

If you have, can you try to unscrew the aluminium profile and mount the single LNB holder instead and try to adjust the dish to 13E to se how strong signal you can optain just with one 13E LNB in the middle?

If you can't get the wanted sinal is your dish to small. I don't expect it to be, but this can prove it?

12054H is not the strongest transponder on Eutelsat Hot Bird 13B, but if this is the channels you want to se, then you need a good signal.

I can't link to one on this forum, but sometimes i see a drawing of all the satellites in an arc above equator.
From Netherland will all your wanted satellites be on one side of the arc and nearly in a straight line. But only nearly.

I am not sure but the Triax profile is straigt and the satellites are not exatly located on a straight line, so I expect it only will be possible to adjust two of the satellite to maximum. But I can't understand why the 13E can't be one of them.

I did succeed to adjust 5 LNB's on mine. 2-3 was stronger than the others, but all was OK.

Regards Carsten.

Hi Carsten,
Indeed the 12054H it's not strong, but there is what my favourite channels are! I have a single holder for my dish, if I try that and I get a much stronger signal on 13, what should I do then?
And why I get more on 28 rather than 19.2 that is on focus?
Thanks

csell

Registered
Hi.

You have now 100% on 28.2, 90% on 23.5, around 85% on 19.2 and 70% on 13. If you can get close to 100% with 13E only,
then will I suggest to try to lower 28.2 - 23.5 - 19.2 with 10% to get 10% more on 13E. This can be done by moving
28.2 - 23.5 - 19.2 more out on the profile and 13E more in. ( you then also have to turn the dish itself. )

I expect you started to adjust 28.2E and then 23E, and 19E and last 13E?
I don't think you got the perfect adjustment yet.

Acording to my above explanation about arc and straight line can you get two satellites to have maximum signal. You can choose wich ones you want to have this maximum signal. And hope the other two have good signals.

Or better you can acept the two satellites have nearly maximum signal and the two others then get better signals.
And then all will be OK.

Please confirm you have the installation instruction for the Triax Mono Block?
If not, I have it on paper and can post the Trix default measerement for your sattellites, if you was in Germany?

Regards Carsten.

eliosfederico

Registered
Hi.

You have now 100% on 28.2, 90% on 23.5, around 85% on 19.2 and 70% on 13. If you can get close to 100% with 13E only,
then will I suggest to try to lower 28.2 - 23.5 - 19.2 with 10% to get 10% more on 13E. This can be done by moving
28.2 - 23.5 - 19.2 more out on the profile and 13E more in. ( you then also have to turn the dish itself. )

I expect you started to adjust 28.2E and then 23E, and 19E and last 13E?
I don't think you got the perfect adjustment yet.

Acording to my above explanation about arc and straight line can you get two satellites to have maximum signal. You can choose wich ones you want to have this maximum signal. And hope the other two have good signals.

Or better you can acept the two satellites have nearly maximum signal and the two others then get better signals.
And then all will be OK.

Please confirm you have the installation instruction for the Triax Mono Block?
If not, I have it on paper and can post the Trix default measerement for your sattellites, if you was in Germany?

Regards Carsten.

Hi Carsten,
I tried with a single LNB pointed on 13E and I got around 75... Now I managed to get: 100% on 28, 100% on 19.2, 90% on 23.5 and 73% on 13. Pretty good, no? I don't understand why even with a single LNB I get only 75% on 13E :confused:

csell

Registered
Hi.

You can try a stronger transponder on 13E and see if the weak signal only are on 12054H?

Normally I will say the dish is to small to receive 12054H when it is raining.

What can you try:

All LNB's have different sinal levels in Vertical and Horisontal modes.

You can try to turn the LNB 90 degrees in the holder and then try to scan 12054V ( Vertical as you now changed it 90 degrees )

You can try to change the LNB to a HIGH OUTPUT version. I don't know how much a Twin Smart Titanium 0.1 dB LNB, the one with gold connectors, will improve it?

Regards Carsten.

Last edited:

eliosfederico

Registered
Hi.

You can try a stronger transponder on 13E and see if the weak signal only are on 12054H?

Normally I will say the dish is to small to receive 12054H when it is raining.

What can you try:

All LNB's have different sinal levels in Vertical and Horisontal modes.

You can try to turn the LNB 90 degrees in the holder and then try to scan 12054V ( Vertical as you now changed it 90 degrees )

You can try to change the LNB to a HIGH OUTPUT version. I don't know how much a Twin Smart Titanium 0.1 dB LNB, the one with gold connectors, will improve it?

Regards Carsten.

Hi,
Can you explain better? I didn't get the thing of the "Hight Output" version? The lnb's I have they are 0.1 dB from Megasat.

csell

Registered
Hi.

Most of the LNB has a certain output when receiving a signal from a satellite. A few Brands have both normal output and HIGH OUTPUT lnb's. I think the best known HIGH OUTPUT type is the Inverto Black Ultra Single LNB High Gain 72dB. But the Twin is not so good, only the single or quad.

HIGH Gain or HIGH Output LNB amplifify the signal more than a normal type LNB, but it also amplify the noise. It can some time improve weak signals, but does not always solve the problem.

Due to the design flaws in the Inverto Black Ultra TWIN LNB High Gain 72dB, I mentioned the Twin Smart Titanium 0.1 dB LNB, the one with gold connectors. But it is only a thing you can try. And it is quite large in size. A larger dish will be better.

Regards Carsten.

Last edited:

eliosfederico

Registered
Hi.

Most of the LNB has a certain output when receiving a signal from a satellite. A few Brands have both normal output and HIGH OUTPUT lnb's. I think the best known HIGH OUTPUT type is the Inverto Black Ultra Single LNB High Gain 72dB. But the Twin is not so good, only the single or quad.

HIGH Gain or HIGH Output LNB amplifify the signal more than a normal type LNB, but it also amplify the noise. It can some time improve weak signals, but does not always solve the problem.

Due to the design flaws in the Inverto Black Ultra TWIN LNB High Gain 72dB, I mentioned the Twin Smart Titanium 0.1 dB LNB, the one with gold connectors. But it is only a thing you can try. And it is quite large in size. A larger dish will be better.

Regards Carsten.

I don't know yet what I'll do. Sounds really weird that a 79 cm dish can't get a good signal on 13E here in The Netherlands. I am in the footprint of hotbird, and a 65cm dish would be already enough. Maybe I should try to put the 13 in the middle? Or that would definitely not work?

csell

Registered
Hi.

It is a surprice to me to. What you can do now it to try different LNB on different transponders on 13E and find out if you can live with the reception. May be ask others what dish size they use for 12054H in different parts of Europe?

The problem is not that a 79 cm dish can't get a good signal on 13E in The Netherlands. but that a 79 cm dish can't get a good signal on 12054H ( from 13E ).

You can also try to look at Lyngsat.com for Astra 2F frequencies for the UK beam on 28.2E. The Astra 2E will next month have the same footprint as the 2F.

If you today can't receive the 2F UK beam, will you not be able to receive the comming 2E beam and not be able to receive the UK main channels. But you will still be able to receive the pay and secondary channels on both the 2F and 2E European beams. Then you may be better can deceide if you still need the the LNB for 28.E. If you don't, can you put the 13E close to the middle and 23.5E together with 19.2E futher out on the profile.

Regards Carsten.

Last edited:

eliosfederico

Registered
I did another test. I used the rocket lnb as a single one pointed to 13E and I get 90% on the 12054H. But when I put it back on the rail it gets as low as 72%. Why? How can I improve this?

ja5on

Registered
I did another test. I used the rocket lnb as a single one pointed to 13E and I get 90% on the 12054H. But when I put it back on the rail it gets as low as 72%. Why? How can I improve this?

How did you test that? single holder then got 90% then back to rail in the middle to get 72% if so rail got to need adjusting

Last edited:

csell

Registered

Congratulation, that is good. I will expect that the elevation can be different? ( the hight is different for the single holder and the rail ) If the hight is different you can adjust the dish elevation.

Regards Carsten.

eliosfederico

Registered
Just for be sure: is it correct (looking from the front of the dish) 28, 23.5, 19.2 MIDDLE, 13.0 OR 28, 23,5 MIDDLE, 19.2, 13.0?

csell

Registered
Hi.

It doesn't matter. It depend on your priorities. Which
LNB do you want the strongest signal from when raining.

May be it will be a little easier to adjust 23.5E first. When you adjusted 23.5E you can then adjust 13E
turning the rail up/down.
I will then hope that both 28.2E and 19.2E is close enough to 23.5E to give good signal on all 4 LNB.

Carsten.

Last edited:

eliosfederico

Registered
Hi.

It doesn't matter. It depend on your priorities. Which
LNB do you want the strongest signal from when raining.

May be it will be a little easier to put 23.5E in the middle. When you adjusted 23.5E you can then adjust 13E
turning the rail up/down.
I will then hope that both 28.2E and 19.2E is close enough to 23.5E to give good signal on all 4 LNB.

Carsten.

The sats I care about are 23.5 and 13. Which position would you suggest?

csell

Registered
Hi.

Then 28E - 23.5E - 19.2E ( close to the middle ) - middle - 13E. Then you will have the same distance from the middle and to the two important ones 23.5E and 13E.

May be it will be a little easier to adjust 23.5E first.
Set the profile in the angle you expect to be the correct one and then adjust the dish elevation.
When you adjusted 23.5E you can then adjust 13E
If you need to turn the profile up/down will hopefully 23.5E still have max signal. You have to make sure that both 23.5 and 13E have max signal with the selected slope of the profile or you also have to adjust the dish elevation.

Carsten.

Last edited:

eliosfederico

Registered
Hi.

Then 28E - 23.5E - 19.2E ( close to the middle ) - middle - 13E. Then you will have the same distance from the middle and to the two important ones 23.5E and 13E.

May be it will be a little easier to adjust 23.5E first.
Set the profile in the angle you expect to be the correct one and then adjust the dish elevation.
When you adjusted 23.5E you can then adjust 13E
If you need to turn the profile up/down hopefully will 23.5E still have max signal. You have to make sure that both 23.5 and 13E have max signal with the selected slope of the profile or you also have to adjust the dish elevation.

Carsten.

Hi, I'll try that. For the 23.5 isn't it better this configuration? 28,23.5, MIDDLE, 19.2, 13.0? So that the 23.5 is close to the middle