CAS Studio v. 9.8.3 + Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit

zeros

Registered
Hi!

I'm here wrestle with my new Laptop where I have installed the 64 bit WIN8.1
The probleem is that none of the buttons at the top do not work. There ought to be able to press such buttons- Smartcard / Cam Module / Repair / Receiver / Utilities and Forum. However, when I click on those buttons, nothing happens. I believe that the drivers are installed. I also tried the tutorial on this topic here *CAS STUDIO not work on Windows 7??* but I do not get any error message. I do not have this message " Driver not installed or version not compatible with this CAD STUDIO", just those buttons do not work with WIN8.1 Pro.

If You have any recommendations I should be very grateful.
All works with Win XP, which I would like to replace with Linux.
Just in case I tried to install with command *Run as Administrator* (a friend suggested to try) but that did not put those buttons to work :confused:

rogermoor

Registered
To install the driver for DuoLabs Cas Interface I had to follow these steps on my Win 8.1 X64 :

1. From windows 8 control panel choose General –> Under “Advanced Startup” –> Restart now.

Now the system will restart and might take some minutes to show up the boot menu. Wait for It patiently.

After some time you will be prompted with a menu with following options.

1. Continue

2. Troubleshoot

3. Turn off

Choose Troubleshoot

Then the following menu appears.

Refresh your PC
Reset your PC
Advanced Options
Choose Advanced Options

Then the following menu appears

System Restore
System Image Recovery
Automatic Repair
Command Prompt
Windows Startup settings
Choose Windows Startup Settings, then Click Restart.

Now the computer will restart and the boot menu appears.
Choose “Disable Driver signature Enforcement” from the menu.
Now windows will start and you can do the installation of the driver that is not signed.

/ rogermoor

zeros

Registered
Hi Rogermoor!

Thank You for the quick replay!
But what is the right driver for WIN8.1 64-bit? Do I have to look for it from elsewhere, or may I use from the v. 9.8.3 installation package?
I'm not sure I have it right but how can I make sure that I have the correct driver.
I will try your recommendation, but I'm afraid that it does not change my situation as the driver it seems to have been installed. Whether the right for win8.1, unfortunately, I do not know.

Z

Last edited:

rogermoor

Registered
The driver is :
windrvr6 ( by Jungo ) that is stored in Drivers\x64 of the installation files from Doulabs.

engin12577

Registered
Hello from Odessa, Ukraine I have problems with drivers for
cas interface 3plus +windows 8.1
please help.

zeros

Registered
Greetings to Odessa, if this cis_bug_fix file does not help you?
My PC everything OK now (with he same OS).

bstndj

Registered
cas interface 3 plus

hi ..can anyone help me please..i have windows 8.1 64bit system ive just purchased a usb to serial cable to connect to my cas interface 3 plus ,it wont connect .in control panel for the usb device there was a warning sign ,ive downloaded a bug fix i found on this forum and it still dos not work .any help please would be grateful .
Many thanks.
:thum:BSTNDJ

Rickk

Registered
what do you want with a usb to rs232 (that is for rs232 serial connection)
usb a-plug to b-plug work fine

bstndj

Registered
hi thankyou for replying ..i dont understand my friend what you mean ..i have a cable one is serial and the other end of it is usb..but when i plug it all in nothing is detected..hope to hear back from you .ty ..bstndj:thum:

bstndj

Registered
hi thankyou for replying ..i dont understand my friend what you mean ..i have a cable one is serial and the other end of it is usb..but when i plug it all in nothing is detected..hope to hear back from you .ty ..bstndj

Rickk

Registered
use a usb printer cable
and check in the device manager if the jungo driver is available

bstndj

Registered
yes ..thankyou its me i had the wrong cable..anyhow cas 3 now is powered up ,but still cant get it to conect.in device manager ,ive tried to update driver but still not working ..any clues my friend .:mecry: