PT VIARK DRS2 1.03

Tupiton

Registered
PT VIARK DRS2 1.03:
• All RCU are compatible for this version.
• Todos los Mandos son compatibles para esta version.

Code:
https://mega.nz/file/SU412ACY#-t5TaisW7L7rIExKK6xZuj4Jwae7wXa2t8OlTOOGGZA

smithysmudger

Donating Member
The Achilles heel has definitely been addressed in this latest update for the DRS2 as I can now change from sat to sat without having to leave it from a vertical and go to a vertical channel. Previously going from vertical to horizontal or H to V would throw up an LNB short error and the dish wouldn’t move but no issues now. But channels not showing green ain’t good.

jenseneverest

Registered
And the biss auto server is working, but it may have been anyways on the older firmware too, i have not tried, i will be going back to the older version as need the channels green lol

Eyejob

Registered
is much on 28.2 clearing at the min, mine was terrible last night, I will update the firmware at weekend.

Santangello

Registered
Sadly I have updated mine and set is now stuck in a 'Supported API :3 / Wiping Data / Formatting Data / Formatting Cache / Data wipe complete / Reset baseparam' Bootloop

Can any kind sole please help.

Many thanks in advance.

jenseneverest

Registered
Sadly I have updated mine and set is now stuck in a 'Supported API :3 / Wiping Data / Formatting Data / Formatting Cache / Data wipe complete / Reset baseparam' Bootloop

Many thanks in advance.

Attached is simple instructions and recovery firmware

Code:
https://mega.nz/file/KBwThIwY#O9S_kbDDdrn8Il7VfV_6Q8pq6twPePEvIQyJ6FoN5w8

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator

Many thanks in advance.

Did you update via the box or USB id always recommend update via usb.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Run the recovery firmware it will bring your DRS2 Back to life
it happened to me with Viark DRS and i got it working again after loading recovery firmware but never again load PT updates via box menus its a tough lesson always update via USB
it may be a little extra work but always and forever worth doing : )

Tagteam3283

Registered
does anyone know how to feed back to the devs that the clearing channel s are no longer green? If yes, can you do it please? :)

oneleginto

Donating Member
The Achilles heel has definitely been addressed in this latest update for the DRS2 as I can now change from sat to sat without having to leave it from a vertical and go to a vertical channel. Previously going from vertical to horizontal or H to V would throw up an LNB short error and the dish wouldn’t move but no issues now. But channels not showing green ain’t good.

Just tried it with a 1.2 dish and it’s still not moving

smithysmudger

Donating Member
Just tried it with a 1.2 dish and it’s still not moving

I guess it’s just your luck, everyone’s configuration will be different depending on what motor they have, lnb, dish size/weight, cable quality/length it definitely cured the issue for me I had to fit a Black Ultra Inverto lnb to even get it to move from v to v. But after the update no issues moving dish. I even put on the original lnb (Technomate TM-1) today to see if it worked and it’s still fitted and working great.

Eyejob

Registered
I messed my DRS2 up trying to update through the menu a month or so ago, took me about 30mins to recover it, was happy I saved I from being a door stop.

smithysmudger

Donating Member
does anyone know how to feed back to the devs that the clearing channel s are no longer green? If yes, can you do it please? :)

Try going to Settings - STB - Other Settings - Complex List = OFF
Working for me all sat channels that clear green again.

smithysmudger

Donating Member
Well that eureka moment didn’t last long worked great all day yesterday however switched box on today and channels all white, switched complex list back to ON and channels green again but doesn’t last long. Don’t you just love buggy firmware updates looks like I will need to downgrade back to ver 1.02 as I can just go back to v to v channel sat changing with the benefit of knowing what channels clear highlighted in green when I get there.

Penjon75

Registered
Donating Member
After just recovering from updating OTA to Pt103
will not make the same mistake again,and staying on Pt102
for the moment, after setting up some Sats, all seemed OK,
but, last night, nothing would clear, so switched off overnight. Happily all seems OK again now, other than as already reported no channels green.
Regards Penjon 75