Go Back   Sat Universe > Off Topic > PC Section > Chat > General PC Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Very slow speeds with VPN

General PC Chat

Old 15-03-2021, 22:32  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,013 Times in 969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blejac View Post
I tested now expressVPN result is 108 mb/s, without vpn speed is about 120-130 mb/s.
Another one for me to check out.
Old 16-03-2021, 00:42  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Marching On Together !

Thanked 20,596 Times in 8,189 Posts

I dont use any apps for my VPN usage i use my router. Im on 200mb i dont loose too much.

Im with Nord this is my speed test Client 1 is my UK Nord selection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_2021-03-15_230120.jpg (42.3 KB, 17 views)

VU+ Duo2
Japhar DM8000
A8P DM800SE
Amazon Fire TV Box 2nd Gen
T95Z Plus S912 3GB+16GB
TX3 Mini
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
barney115 (16-03-2021)
Old 16-03-2021, 12:12  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I dont use any apps for my VPN usage i use my router. Im on 200mb i dont loose too much.

Im with Nord this is my speed test Client 1 is my UK Nord selection.
I don't use an app either. I upload a script to my router that is downloaded from Nordvpn.

How do you select 'client 1'?
I just see Nordvpn recommendations for me.
Old 16-03-2021, 13:13  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Marching On Together !

Depends on the router your using yours may not have the option, on my Asus i can have 8 clients so i use 8 different locations to suit my needs.

My router is an Asus RT AC86 running Merlin firmware.

VU+ Duo2
Japhar DM8000
A8P DM800SE
T95Z Plus S912 3GB+16GB
TX3 Mini
Old 16-03-2021, 14:23  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Depends on the router your using yours may not have the option, on my Asus i can have 8 clients so i use 8 different locations to suit my needs.

My router is an Asus RT AC86 running Merlin firmware.
I also have an Asus router. AC3200 and running Merlin firmware.

I see what you mean now by client. I thought you were able to select a specific server nearest to your location to improve speed, but you just have a selection of country based servers.

Dropping from up to 650 mb down to around 40 mb or less is not what I expected.

When with Sly, I had up to 80 mb service and with vpn it dropped to around 50mb which was ok.
Old 16-03-2021, 14:52  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Marching On Together !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
I also have an Asus router. AC3200 and running Merlin firmware.

I see what you mean now by client. I thought you were able to select a specific server nearest to your location to improve speed, but you just have a selection of country based servers.

Dropping from up to 650 mb down to around 40 mb or less is not what I expected.

When with Sly, I had up to 80 mb service and with vpn it dropped to around 50mb which was ok.
London is not what id call local to me lol. I dont drop that much with Servers in Europe i can still see above 100mb.

I do know that some ISP's throttle VPN routes.

And from memory your CPU is 1ghz dual core do i have that right ? Mine is 1.8 ghz dual core and CPU speed with VPN matters the quicker it is the faster it can encrypt or decrypt giving you fast speeds the 86u can also do this on the fly putting less strain on the CPU.

VU+ Duo2
Japhar DM8000
A8P DM800SE
T95Z Plus S912 3GB+16GB
TX3 Mini
Old 16-03-2021, 14:59  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
London is not what id call local to me lol. I dont drop that much with Servers in Europe i can still see above 100mb.

I do know that some ISP's throttle VPN routes.
I am wondering if it is Virgin Uk that is making my speeds slow with a VPN.

I am going to test a few other vpn's when I have the time.
Old 16-03-2021, 15:00  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Marching On Together !

Im with Virgin

And from memory your CPU is 1ghz dual core do i have that right ? Mine is 1.8 ghz dual core and CPU speed with VPN matters the quicker it is the faster it can encrypt or decrypt giving you fast speeds the 86u can also do this on the fly putting less strain on the CPU.

VU+ Duo2
Japhar DM8000
A8P DM800SE
T95Z Plus S912 3GB+16GB
TX3 Mini
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
manic01 (16-03-2021)
Old 16-03-2021, 16:06  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

My PC is six core 4.50 Ghz with 32 GB of memory.

Or 8 core, I can't recall.
Old 16-03-2021, 16:17  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Marching On Together !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
My PC is six core 4.50 Ghz with 32 GB of memory.

Or 8 core, I can't recall.
I was referring to your Router CPU spec mate

VU+ Duo2
Japhar DM8000
A8P DM800SE
T95Z Plus S912 3GB+16GB
TX3 Mini