VU+ Duo or DM800HD??? Please

alunfennell

Registered
No comparison Vu+ duo has twin tuners the DB800HD as only one, these two receivers are totaly different to each other.

The Vu+ Solo is more like the 800HD
The Vu+ Duo is more like the Vantage HD 8000 with twin tuner

What would say is the Vu+ range will be slightly behind with the new wave of Dreambox's coming later this year, boasting more powerfull processors from broadcom & larger internal memory.

Dreams new 7000 series & 800 models will be hitting the store later this year or January of next.

lolos

Registered
Note:
DM800 - Flash/RAM : 64 MB/256 MB
DM8000 - Flash/RAM : 128 MB/256 MB
VU+ - Flash/RAM : 128 MB/384 MB
cf0af4ab00c7.jpg

I'm one happy owner of this great linux receiver.
Why I'm happy?Because finally I found one stable and fast box.
Finally a stronger box than DM,at a much better price,good support and very good software.
Perfect picture quality,that can run also at 60hz smoothly ,characteristic that other concurrent boxes don't have.
Two cardreaders,one for conax and the other one ,the number one Xcrypt,that can read any type of smartcard.Of course that the conax reader will read any card too,with the help of an emu.
The fear of burning cards is eliminated in these cardreaders.The cards are even cool.......
Finally a box that can run native CCcam and ALL the other Emu's developed at this time.
Has very good cooling systems,a very important embed,one that I only found at the very good box too,the IPbox.We all know that the DM is a real pizza oven.
You can build any type of HDD,for PVR usage and also can be used the 3 USB ports,and also record with the support of the twin tuner feature.
I have a lot of good words for this box,but I'd like to hear the revision of other owners too, for this VU+ Duo ,and if they do,I know for sure that will be only good words.

Specs:
· Open-Source Linux OS (Enigma2)
· Broadcom Mips Prosessor
· Twin DVB-S2 Tuner (Silicon tuner)
· MPEG2/ H.264 Hardware decoding (DVB compatible)
· Alphanumeric VFD Display
· 2 x Common Interface Slots
· 2 x Smartcard-Reader (Conax Embedded)
· 10/100 Mbit Ethernet Interface
· 3 x USB2.0 (1x Front /2x Back)
· 1 x intern SATA (3,5inch bracket)
· 1 x E-SATA
· 1 x V.24/RS232
· HDMI connection V1.3
· 2 x Scart
· YPrPb
· 1 x S/PDIF for digital Audio(optisch)
· Extended EPG
. MHW EPG
. Fastscan plugin
· Plugin Support (JPEG,MP3,XVID...)
. Smartreader+ compatible
· Compatible with enigma2 plugins en settings
. Handy help button on the remote
· Different skins to choose from
· Videotext
· DiSEqC 1.0,1.1 en 1.2

Video:
Video resolution CCIR 601 (720 x 576 lines), 576p, 720p, 1080i
Video decoding MPEG-2, MPEG-4 compatible
Input data rate 2-45 MSymb/s
S/N >53 dB

Audio:
Decoding AC 3, MPEG-4 (AAC-HE), MPEG-1, Layer 1, 2 and 3
Sampling rate 32/44.1/48 kHz
S/N > 65 dB

Power usage:
< 25W (in use, horizontal / 400mA LNB power)
< 20W (in use, withoutLNB)
< 1W (Deep-Standby-Mode)

How do you compare it to cuberevo 250 hd /ipbox 91hd? What about the picture quality on SD and HD?
I tried cuberevo and found opening channels a bit slow, is this due to the server? Which protocol do you recommend with the cuberevo 250hd?

thank you :)

stauffie

Registered
How do you compare it to cuberevo 250 hd /ipbox 91hd? What about the picture quality on SD and HD?

you cannot because on cuberevo or ip cccam is not running so switching times cannot be compared.
picture quallity is ok on the vu+
If you think its too much money maybe you should look at the solo box from VU+

LilleMama

Registered
I wouldnt recomment the solo version , the duo is so cheap that by getting a solo you loose the 2. tuner its super handy for independed recordings

fobo

Registered
What would say is the Vu+ range will be slightly behind with the new wave of Dreambox's coming later this year, boasting more powerfull processors from broadcom & larger internal memory.

Surely at that time even the VU team will come up with new models with more powerful processors & larger memory.
The comparison is done with what is actually on the market.

Apart from other things, If someone don't need the CI slots the second tuner and second smartcard slot of the VU+duo then go for the dm800hd, simple as that. But If you plan to use one of the above features in the future go for the VU+duo, why not.

MAKBAR

Registered
as far as the ipbox goes i have had 9000hd box with all the combination of tuners.
picture quality sd/hd very good
hard ware good and a nice looking box.

bad points
very slow support from manufacturer if any.
cannot use cccam by it self.
low internal memory
software support no way near dream/vu+duo

my opinion stay away from it

by the way i have both box now ipbox9000hd and vu+duo