501/601 or 3000 : which one to choose ?

buset07

Registered
Hi,

I have some questions regarding 501/601 and 3000 :
1. where to get the latest firmware for those model ?
2. I read somewhere, that because of the 'faulty' software/firmware on 501, it's impossible to hack irdeto ( i.e. Showtime ). Is the faulty has been fixed in 601 or 3000 ?
3. at last, which one would you recommend, 501, 601, or 3000 ?

Thanks for your reply.

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
if u need my advice: buy a linux receiver or a cheap box with good support ( like Ali C boxes )

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
depend on ur budget m8 :)
if u r willing 2 pay extra money 4 outstanding picture quality, u must go 2 HD linux boxes like IPbox9000 HD or DM800 HD ....etc

u can pay less and buy regular linux receiver like DM 500+, 600 PVR , 7020 or 7025 or any other brand u like :)

with linux receivers u will enjoy card sharing and have a lot of fun if u had an account on a good server :)

if u want 2 pay much less 4 a box with great support that has a good emu , u should go 2 receivers that have Ali C processors . these receivers has many names in many countries like Echolink, Starsat ......etc
check ur friends and local dealers 4 available brands in ur country

it s up to u after all :)

Skytuga

Registered
Thanks isenguard. Any recommendations for both and its model ?

Neotion=end support, it was a good receiver (thanks to testi) but now is in end of life .. and for me Dream :thum:, preferentially and thinking in future 800HD

zivac

Registered
I agree with all above friends, but if you can get Neotion for some 30 euro it is still worth of that money, than by NB 501 or NB3000.

It is my opinion, nothing else. Neotion has no future for a long time.

buset07

Registered
isenguard, excellent reply, owesome ...
skytuga, I didn't know that it's already end of support ...

Thanks guys.

zivac

Registered
isenguard, excellent reply, owesome ...
skytuga, I didn't know that it's already end of support ...

Thanks guys.

Not totaly ended yet.

Testi is only man that can do complex things with that receiver, and testi do not support NB more. Not support regulary.

Thanks to Testi NB has had excellent support.

Actually NB is still worth receiver, but tomorrow maybe not.

But no one will predict future. Good Luck.

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
if any one has a nb 501, 601 or 3000 ( like us ), we can help each others 2 get the best out of it ( through Emu or Winclip + vplug )
and without any doubt, testi is the king of neotion :) and he give it some life as possible :)

but if u r going 2 buy new receiver, Neotion s not a good choice now :)

buset07

Registered
isenguard,

There is a list of receivers which are using either ali 3329 b or c ( http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=60663 ).

What are the differences between ali b and ali c ? Any recommendation ?

I can't find which version of ali for star sat SR-Xnnn CU ( with or without USB, where nnn is 50, 60, 90, 250, etc ). Do you know which one ?

Thanks.

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
choose ALI C and not b

the support for Ali C s much much better than ali b

u can find a good list of Ali receivers here

choose the available in ur country :)

pmos_hafi

Registered
Dear Testi
Dear Isenguard
Dear Friends

What the lucky people we are !!!:D
Only very few ones know that there is a receiver named Neotionbox specially 501 / 601 type in our country .
We have no choice to select the type based on characteristics and ..... if we find any satellite receiver , we pray to God:eek:
I thank the god for the reason that I belong to the very few above mentioned group in our country ;)

What the lucky people we are :mecry:
Regards

buset07

Registered
isenguard, testi, zivac, and others,

I'm looking particularly for starsat 5300CU & 6300 CU, which are both using ALI C. In here, there is only firmware, not the softcam keys. Does the firmware include an AU, so there is no need for that ? Or should I check other site to get them ?

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
isenguard, testi, zivac, and others,

I'm looking particularly for starsat 5300CU & 6300 CU, which are both using ALI C. In here, there is only firmware, not the softcam keys. Does the firmware include an AU, so there is no need for that ? Or should I check other site to get them ?

the firmware contains the Au for some packages like ART and Showtime and others
the softcam is found everywhere ( and in Sat-Universe of course) and there s no reason 2 worry about it :)