neotion pilot sp1

elmpark

Registered
Hi - Does anyone still use this USB device.? It was called the @sky SP1 at one stage.
This dates from around 2002 and was I understand the first sat reciever which connected directly into a PC.

I am looking for software for this device. I remember that there was a website dedicated to it - operating from I think Belgium, however all the links to it seem to have disappeared.

Thanks in advance

elmpark

Registered
Please either of two items - THe software which was on the original CD when it was called @sky pilot 1.
or a different set of software which was, I think called smartpilot which was issued by a belgian support group.

I loaded the recent Video link software from the neotion site . IIt appears to run but when I attempt to look for channels it reports a script error in the html file... In other words , with Videolink I have been unable to view anything at all.

I have been searching the Web of late andit appears that there are plently of other people looking for this software.

Thanks

searose

Registered
Dear Elmpark, is your problem solved? How? I have a Neotion CD with 2 programms, Videolink and NeotionPilot and I can sent you both.

elmpark

Registered
Thank you sea rose.

The answer is yes and no ...

My interest was just nostalgia, I had the box from a few years ago and I wanted to get it going again .

I have been unsucessful in getting it to work with the updated videolink software as per my original message.
However I did get it to work with a programe called skymesser ... some type of clone of the progdvb programme which works with neotion products . which worked for a while until my continual updating of codecs messed it up.
I eventually did find the original disks, but have not bothered to instal them.

THe @Sky software makes exclusive demands on the PC. - It inserts a little blue box on the centre of the display whenever it cannot find the usb connection . THis is annoying in any event , as one uses the PC for other tasks as well.

searose

Registered
Thank you Elmpark, I found Neomesser as well, even subscribed the Yahoo panel of Neomesser, but get the impression that panel is not really alive anymore. Want to know whether the driver and software is also working with Vista. Installed it on vista and described that in another message in this board. Get an error message al the time, and found out that XP users get the same error message. So.... has it something to do with SP2 on XP??? Maybe the driver/software is before SP2?

searose

Registered
Thank you Testi! Will try both, but.... Neomesser advises Netframework 1.1, are later version of Netframework Not good?
Did you try it with Vista?

testi

Super VIP
later versions should be fine also, but i did not test it in vista , and i never will :)

no need to change working win2k to vista ...

searose

Registered
Y are very wright! Vista was a disaster, is now because of all the updates a bit better, but still not stable. Believe win2K is still the best ever.

searose

Registered
Installed net. framework 1.1, and the Neotiondriver from de Videolink CD, tried Neomesser: error messages.
Then installed Winclip 2.9.7 with the neotion.dll in the streamreader directory. When scanning for channels: error message: failed to load streamreader... Use Vista and a Neotionbox 501S. What do the sat-universe experts think?