Eutelsat 5 West B @ 5° West

william-1

Feed Hunter
Looking at the map above a 60cm dish will be fine if you have it set up for maximum signal,

What size dish are you using for 5 west JanM262 ?

Last edited:

JanM262

Registered
Yes i have those too signal 77% which is a lot better than before and should be possible to lock on a smaller sized dish just wish the Sport would carry both Italian and English Audio tracks instead of only Italian language .
There is a transponder on E5WB that has BETTER signal than E5WA?

satesco

Feed Hunter
Here's what transponders I get from 5.0W in my area.Nothing has changed since their move to the Transalpine spot.

yx1dPRv.png

Be0tYFB.png

i98DSMy.png

william-1

Feed Hunter
Fault on Eutelsat 5 West B satellite sees Fransat lose BeIN Sports, OCS and other channels

Fransat to lose channels after satellite fault

As a result, from June 1st, Fransat’s existing customers will no longer be able to access the pay-TV offerings from beIN Sports and OCS, as well as five other channels (Canal J, Tiji, Boing, Boomerang and Toonami). All new subscriptions have already been suspended earlier this month, says Fransat.

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/02/in-brief-fransat-to-lose-channels-after.html

https://www.telecompaper.com/news/f...e-bein-sports-ocs-and-other-channels--1326497

https://advanced-television.com/2020/02/14/eutelsat-5-west-b-issues-hit-fransat/

Of the current 7 Fransat transponders on 5 West A only a couple will now move to 5 West B,
https://www.flysat.com/fransat.php

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Eutelsat really made a total and utter mess with 5 West and having to drop majority of all Multi Stream Sat channels in the process and likely lost Fransat package and beIN Sports customers no wonder the French are pi$$ed and wanna riot all the time :D

Very obvious Amateur work by Eutelsat if i do say so myself
their idea of putting a bandage on things just came back and bit them in the a$$ loosing those big money arab channels beIN Sports and OCS should result in plenty of Sackings of management i would imagine i know they are backed up by 19E but they really deserve to loose a massive amount of subscribers due to their own clear stupidity regardless and how often can they really blame faults for clear and utter incompetence ? ,lol's

Thanks for info's @ William-1 @ Satesco this is a rather strange and yet comical situation to follow i bet : )
cheers !

chepor

Registered
Please I need help of the one spanish feedhunter , to catch the 5 west satellite on the 40 n 5.29 w,location, or near.
The question is a feedhunter that catch the satellite, near this location, and pass me the correct frecuences(active now) to catch the satellite 5 west, because the last days there was impossible to caught it, and normally I caught, with any problem in my location. I saw that the beam it´s just for my 80 cms dish.
help please brothers.

Last edited:

william-1

Feed Hunter
Please I need help of the one spanish feedhunter , to catch the 5 west satellite on the 40 n 5.29 w,location, or near.
The question is a feedhunter that catch the satellite, near this location, and pass me the correct frecuences(active now) to catch the satellite 5 west, because the last days there was impossible to caught it, and normally I caught, with any problem in my location. I saw that the beam it´s just for my 80 cms dish.
help please brothers.

Sad to say in the West of Espania you are now outside the coverage area of Eutelsat 5 West B.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Yes me too even with 2 meter dish i can only get very low signal on this useless spot beam :mecry:

chepor

Registered
5b no, but 5a yes? it´s possible to catch the 5a beam en my location'
give me some tps, to scannig.
thanks

Last edited:

chepor

Registered
thanks for the beam, but I need the fact, of a person in Spain that cathc this satellite please.
Someone what is viewing the tps active now.
Because the instalation it´s very high in my house, and climb to de roof for nothing not make sense, I prefer the hard opinion and a person who watch the satellite, as son as possible.a spanish people , please.
thanks

Last edited:

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
i really doubt you will find anyone
watching 5A anymore in Spain as mentioned
you are outside the beam
there is not much more to add => https://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2037070468&postcount=152

And it makes no sense to risk injury when its obvious you will not be getting any results it may be borderline for you but its obviously enough to no longer lock 5A as i mentioned in Ireland its exactly the same scenario this very tight beam also excludes anyone in Scotland by the looks of that map which is sad and depressing but beam its only intended coverage is for France and Italy nothing else .

chepor

Registered
ok, right, end of the post.
But we suposse that I want to tune my dish and sat engine and my location is 40N and 5.29 west, if my satellite refernce was 5 west, what satellite is now my reference to tune my dish and engine?
thanks

dxn

Registered
ok, right, end of the post.
But we suposse that I want to tune my dish and sat engine and my location is 40N and 5.29 west, if my satellite refernce was 5 west, what satellite is now my reference to tune my dish and engine?
thanks

You have 7W, satelite should be very strong in your location.

chepor

Registered
but the question is, that important is the reference satelite 5 west, the new satellite that you suggest to me to catch, not is important that this satellite(7w) it is more far than 5 west, in two degrees?.
this factor not is premium to tune de dish and satellite engine?
or not it´s principal that teh reference satelie is 5 west exactly??
this two degrees doesn´t matter to tune de dish better???
thanks