Sorry IPbox9000, but got the DM8000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscam can be a cccam server and works on any os..

Loads of servers are also moving to oscam..

I can have extra 15 clients on my server than i can with cccam...and i could still ad more..
And with oscam you don't idle on your server like with cccam. if oscam has no caid to decode it will disconnect from your server..
unlike cccam it stays on idle even when viewing a freview channel..

Oscam is the best thing we needed for cuberevo/abcom/all sh4 boxes...

ararat

Too late.

Finally I replaced my IPBox9000 by a second Dreambox8000.

Was really fed up with my noisy IPBox9000 (revision1).
(Perhaps I may use my IPBox9000 some day again as a cable receiver in my bedroom. But for now it will be stored away.)

After I switched from Legacy- to Unicable- LNB, I couldn`t receive HDTV channels with my IPBox9000 any longer (despite correct settings) and had problems to log in on SDTV channels (10 secs or longer or not at all). Many spoiled recordings (black screen).

Now both Dreamboxes work perfect with unicable:). Much better quality.

Would NEVER buy an IPBox9000:3434: or any IPBox again, as long as I can avoid it.

TerD

Registered
Pioneers are the guys with the arrows in their backs

Sympathise with you guys. The IP Box 900O HD was a true early adopter product, flaky to say the least. Mine's been 'stable' for the last year, running sat ( astra) and cable ( local)on the same box. I'm terrified of upgrading the old NLB image (if it works don't fix it). Wife thinks it's a black art to make this work.
Had the same box go 'dead'. Dealer replaced a circuit.

Ah well, so far so good.

TerD

grizzlyt

Registered
The IPBox came nearly two years earlier then the DM8000.

Of course the box is better but it's double the price and not worth the big buzz.

On Cuberevo/IPBox you can install all modern systems , on the DM just E2.

Considering that the IPBox wasn't build for E2 it runs it too and is closing the gap at every release.

If you want a box that plays a lot of different things (Firmware, Neutrino HD, E1 HD, E2 HD and VDR) then there is just the IPBox.

An active community is developing all the time, just second to Dreambox.

The only real problem is that the devs are more interested in their own fame then the good of the users.

sattys

Registered
The IPBox came nearly two years earlier then the DM8000.

Of course the box is better but it's double the price and not worth the big buzz.

On Cuberevo/IPBox you can install all modern systems , on the DM just E2.

Considering that the IPBox wasn't build for E2 it runs it too and is closing the gap at every release.

If you want a box that plays a lot of different things (Firmware, Neutrino HD, E1 HD, E2 HD and VDR) then there is just the IPBox.

An active community is developing all the time, just second to Dreambox.

The only real problem is that the devs are more interested in their own fame then the good of the users.
Grizzlyt,

You hit the point! I fully agree with you and I am positive the IPBox will soon be the best HD receiver!

ararat

also picture quality on the Ipbox is much superior to that of the dreambox

rubbish - I could compare both on 3 differnet flatscreens from 40 to 56 size - picture quality is the same.

and, as far as crypted SKY programs are concerned, the dreambox8000 is much better. Could throw away 30% of my faulty ipbox9000 recordings. That´s over now with my 8k.

Jahu

Donating Member
I've opened a pandora box with this thread :)

It's been 4 months with DM8000 and it has never ever crashed and i've tested tens of images from nabilo to dreamelite which i've settled now.

Recordings works fine, CCcam never crashes, plugins work a treat, Sly UK or for that matter all other satellites (i have E13,16,19.2,28.2) work charming.

Those who say crappy HW or picture quality not same as IpBox are either blind or don't want to spend money (not saying i'm rich as i am not). The price difference makes it up in a week of nerves and quality watching forgeting there is any issue ever.

I've opened a pandora box with this thread :)

It's been 4 months with DM8000 and it has never ever crashed and i've tested tens of images from nabilo to dreamelite which i've settled now.

Recordings works fine, CCcam never crashes, plugins work a treat, Sly UK or for that matter all other satellites (i have E13,16,19.2,28.2) work charming.

Those who say crappy HW or picture quality not same as IpBox are either blind or don't want to spend money (not saying i'm rich as i am not). The price difference makes it up in a week of nerves and quality watching forgeting there is any issue ever.

Good Luck with your DM8000 and for supporting the DEVIL
anyone who Pays the price of a 8000 Is ether made of Cash or Just Plain STUPID!

Its like same as Apple Freaks..You ain't normal And are just trying to make yourself Look better I bet all you DM freaks also Own the IPAD:shoot: ...

Anyways thats me had my RANT....LOL

Its my BDAY so am Off to watch some tv on my Cuberevo IPBOX 9000..:beer:

ararat

Its like same as Apple Freaks..You ain't normal And are just trying to make yourself Look better I bet all you DM freaks also Own the IPAD:shoot: ...

Anyways thats me had my RANT....LOL

Its my BDAY so am Off to watch some tv on my Cuberevo IPBOX 9000..:beer:

If you run out of arguments - don´t start guessing.;):eek:
(Just want to bluster a bit, too:D.)

By the way, you´re right to some degree:
Although I´d never buy an iPhone or iPad, I bought my first apple iMac four weeks ago and I´m very satisfied with it. My only device, connected to the internet, that I do not always have to update, when I switch it on and a replacement for my windows netbook, that I often would like to smash to the ground. Last week I used my netbook - after only five days of not using it, I had to update it for over 40 minutes (- because of the weak performance of Intel Atom CPUs it took that long -) before I could start with what I had wanted to do.
This never happens with my iMac 27. I can just turn it on and proceed with my intended job.
I don´t have to bother for viruses (despite of that, I put free Antivir ClamXAV on the device, but only to scan files that I send/mail to Windows users, to keep their pcs clean). There´s no registry to care for or to repair. No need to defrag.
You can use a free maintenance program, though (Onyx) in case you have some spare time.(The Mac would do the job itself, if you left it switched on after work - unix systems were designed to run 24h a day - but no one handles a mac that way.)
If you don´t really have to repair anything (didn´t have to, up to now) it takes the programm (Onyx) half a minute to do the "daily plus the weekly plus the monthly" maintenance job.
I could go on with other positive features (and some negative ones as well) - but this is not the thread for Macs.

You´re to some degree right: Many people must have everything that´s popular for some time, only to show to others, that they possess this "precious" thing, too. (To impress friends, neighbours ...)

But there are others who buy devices only because they fit to their needs and a special purpose. Thus. I do different things with my windows pc, than with my mac.

And as far as ipbox9000 and dreambox8000 are concerned - the ipbox just didn´t do, what I wanted. Many hdtv recordings were not flawless, some even faulty in a way that they didnt´run burnt on dvd/bluray.
Even worse - I couln´t get the box to run on sat with Inverto Unicable LNB. Ipbox was nearly completely useless for that purpose - didn´t want to tune in on channels.
Because I had revision 1 it was noisy, too (loud fan).
Quality of the casing wasn´t the best - after opening the box for four times (install hdd/replace tuners) two screws didn´t fit any longer (screw threads busted).

Tried different firmwares with ipbox9000. E2 was the best for my purpose (better recordings/ one big .ts-file instead of 4GB chunked .trp-files) but not really stable on the 9000. After I had used E2 with ipbox9000 I just wanted a box with this kind of firmware, but stable and working correctly with Unicable LNBs on sat. THis box was the dreambox8000 - it does the job much better - and yes, - it costs twice as much as the ipbox.

Last edited:

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
yes they had lot of problems..but many of them solved...soon they will be new Abcom9900HD + 99 + 55HD ..they will be ready own E2 by abcom.....my test box's on the way..looks abcom ipbox series will better then Dm series....

Likvid

Registered

True, why buy DM8000 when you can buy the Vu+ Duo for half the price, only difference is two tuners less, otherwise they are the same.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
True, why buy DM8000 when you can buy the Vu+ Duo for half the price, only difference is two tuners less, otherwise they are the same.

I agree fully.

You can not beat the VU DUO:thum:

ararat

Ararat is a paid agent from DMM. Look at the DMM forums.

No need to argue with people like that.

You are a big liar:mad::mad::mad:.

Who or what gives you the right to maintain such nonsense?

I have nothing to do with dmm. I only post on their forum - I have two of their dm8000 boxes - so posting about them is natural and not a crime.
You post about ipboxes and how good they are.

Did s.o. from abcom pay you for that?

I should ask mod to remove you from this forum. I´m very upset and angry with you.
Don´t ever dare to talk to me or about me again.

I´m retired and not from the dmm company.
How much you must envy people, who have enough money to buy a dreambox.
Very poor performance of you!!!

----------------------------------

By the way: No one from all of the dm8000 opponents who posted here against the box, seem to have one at home - but all of you know, that what you´ve actually got at home must be definitely better.
You didn´t really compare, but I did!!! I have both boxes Ipbox9000 and two dm8000 and I tell you, that I rather pay the price for the devil´s box than be disappointed with the cheaper one.

Some are even prophets:

QUOTE: yes they had lot of problems..but many of them solved...soon they will be new Abcom9900HD + 99 + 55HD ..they will be ready own E2 by abcom.....my test box's on the way..looks abcom ipbox series will better then Dm series....

Box has not arrived, yet, but you already know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.