Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > C-Band Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

C-Band Sat ID with Enigma2

C-Band Chat

Old 21-10-2019, 05:27  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default C-Band Sat ID with Enigma2

I've wondered this for awhile and don't know if there is a plugin or image that supports it.

Using chinabox receivers. Linkbox and Dreamlink. When you're searching for satellites and lock onto one you get a clear indication of the actual satellite in setup windows.

Is not being able to see sat ID's using E2 receivers a limitation of the software? Sometimes when setting up diseqc motor controllers I've bypassed 2 degree spaced sats or thought I was aimed at the correct one until I do a scan.

Anyone?
Old 02-11-2019, 18:53  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

do you mean the channel PID?
Old 14-08-2020, 01:43  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

No not PID. The tuner setup screen and others will show the actual satellite name when locked. Independent of the sat that you are intending to peak signal on. Chinabox users will know what I mean.
Old 19-08-2020, 03:24  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

openvix image does support this feature in vu+ receiver at least. do not know about other receivers.
Old 19-08-2020, 16:14  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Do you happen to have a screen shot showing it?
Old 19-08-2020, 17:32  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,772 Times in 689 Posts

Not sure what kind of feature is this one.
Tuners do not know which satellite they are aimed to.
In firmware,you could "make a guess" of what satellite you are aimed to by comparing a preset list of trasponders to the ones found in a blind search.
Some satellites have beacons that tell what satellites you are aiming to,but not all of them.

Let me understand : searching for satellites is the action where the mover moves the dish until it finds a signal,like a monterey receiver do.I doubt this china boxes are able to search for satellites.

If you mean searching for trasponders,it is possible it findas a lock and search the receiver's datatabase until it finds a match/matches and display which satellite it suppose to be.
Is this the feature you are looking for in enigma?
BTW,you can do most everything in enigma 2.
It has a preset list of satellites and transponders you can customize.

Last edited by kebien; 19-08-2020 at 17:38..
Old 19-08-2020, 18:39  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

This is a bit incorrect.
"Tuners do not know which satellite they are aimed to."
Take for example my Dreamlink and Linkbox receivers.

If I setup the tuner to look for a signal on a particular transponder on a certain satellite that is 2 degrees apart from one that shares the same transponder settings (frequency, sr, fec).
If I aim at that intended satellite and hit it dead on, the receiver will display for example 127W Galaxy 13 LOCKED.
It will show signal strength and quality.

If I nudge the dish to its neighbor, 125W Galaxy 14, and it has the same transponder configuration. It will indeed display 125W Galaxy 14.

In a dual LNB setup with a switch and the LNB's are aimed at those sats, simply changing the diseqc switch setting will immediately show the sat assigned to the port.

I hope this clears things up.

There is a satellite identification signal embedded in the signal that tells the demodulator who it is.
If Vix actually does this independent what is in the satellites.xml file, there must be a module that picks out that part of the signal.

I actually used one of the chinabox receivers when setting up my actuator system because it cleared up what I was actually aimed at without doing a scan and comparing channels from charts.
Old 19-08-2020, 22:50  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,772 Times in 689 Posts

No, it is not incorrect.
I said satellites have beacons that carry information about the satellite to read the information from.
Maybe those receivers have the beacon list and can extract the information.
Of course is also possible to do it with enigma 2,but usefulness is the key factor,it require some coding and might not be as appealing than other projects.

A question,what happen when the signal is really low,can still show the satellite name?
Old 20-08-2020, 01:54  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

As long as the tuner setup screen shows LOCK. The same signal level where a picture can be received.
Old 21-08-2020, 05:33  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloG View Post
Do you happen to have a screen shot showing it?
trying to upload screen shot and got this bullshit message:
"You have exceeded the number of files allowed to you"
how can we help each other if only few have unlimited upload files rights ?!?!?