***Loading Enigma 2 using USB stick for Cuberevo/IP Box 9000HD for Newbies***

catseye

Registered
***Loading Enigma 2 using USB stick for Cuberevo for Newbies***

Here's how to load DGS software in flash & have E2 image loaded onto USB stick- advantage over flash is it has bigger memory for all the add ons, etc made simple

1) Install DGS based software into flash using 'Flashtools program'
for ease of use we will use 'NLB 9580'
found here http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=126632

2)Install Multiboot config software using 'Flashtools' program
found here http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=113760

3)Download E2 USB software -such as this
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=131730
but dont unzip/unrar

4)Amend your network settings accordingly so using DCC program you can communicate with your box

5)Switch on box & install USB stick -again we will use a Sandisk Cruzer micro 2gb stick -you can use larger memory sticks but as usb stick port is next to HDMI socket its easier to use a smaller in size -not memory!

6)With stick installed -open up DCC program & check box is connected

7)Select FTP, then MNT & if stick is installed it will show USB & USB0

8)Using DCC select Telnet-you should see 'cuberevo' command prompt

9) Type mount & enter -some data should appear followed by 'cuberevo' command prompt

10)Type the following command umount /mnt/usb/usb0 then enter

11)Type fdisk /dev/sdb -then enter

12)Type p & enter & it should show current partitions on USB stick

13)Type d & enter -this will delete all partitions

14)Type p & enter & it should show no partitions on stick

15)Type n & enter -this will create a new partition on stick

16)Type p & enter -to create a primary partition

17)Type 1 & enter & enter again

18) Type w to write changes & save & exit- This should have created a linux partition on your USB stick

19)To format stick type mkfs.ext3 /dev/sdb1 & enter

20)Wait until 'cuberevo' command prompt appears then mount the stick by typing mount t ext3 /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb/usb0

21)Once cuberevo command prompt appears select FTP -then mnt/usb/usb0

22)Locate E2 USB file & transfer (FTP) across to USB stick

23)Select 'telnet' & type cd /mnt/usb/usb0

24)Type the following command tar xvzf PKT mod 5.5 Tideglo rev.5.5 9000.tar.gz (if this is the image used) & enter (You may wish to rename the file to something smaller)

25)The selected image will take sometime to load & decompress

22)The cuberevo command prompt will appear once its loaded

23)Reboot your box & select which image you wish to boot 3 for original image or 2 if you want to boot USB stick & use HDD for example
Hold button on remote for approx 6 seconds

24)When E2 loads for first time message appears on front display -wait 3 minutes -then Tideglo & loading modu message appears

25)Amend settings on box according to user

These instructions are to help folk enjoy using Enigma 2 on their Cuberevo boxes & its worked fine for me

Thanks to Bro1 & arken for your help & assistance in previous posts:thum:
I accept no responsibilty for damage to your box

djheaven

Registered
Nice one this.
But, when you have done the 22(The cuberevo command prompt will appear once its loaded)

You have to type 'sync' and then enter, and wait to the command prompt will appear again.. And then folow the the rest.

catseye

Registered
It stands for Dreambox Control Centre & it allows you to transfer files from your computer to either IP Box/Cuberevo or Dreambox receivers

It can be found here
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=120920

This one is for Dreambox E2 boxes -the basic functions should work ok with Ipbox/Cuberevo but some of the DCC features wont work as its designed for DMM machines

catseye

Registered
Just to add a 'tip' when following the above process

After you have completed point 20 - close down DCC program & switch off box at front & remove usb stick from back

When box has rebooted & a TV channel name is displayed on front reinsert USB stick into rear of box

Open up DCC program & check if stick is inserted by clicking on FTP then select mnt & you should see usb/usb0

If this is the case then continue from point 21

Otherwise as the file is transfered across (FTP) it crashes the program & it means rebooting & starting again:thum:

guff daddy

Registered
I tried all the above a couple of times - definitely my USB stick is EXT3 and mounted, and I FTPed a stick image across and untarred it ok. The only difference is I'm using PKT_mod_6.0_Tideglo_rev_0.6.0_9000_USB.tar.gz

When I reboot and select 2 on RC while booting it comes up "Multiboot 2" and stays there. I've seen posts indicating to wait up to 10 minutes - I've waited 30 minutes still with no result.

USB stick works OK on box otherwise.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

frostie

Registered
I have similar problems, may be your usb stick. I tried 2 SanDisks which I've had for a couple of years now and neither would boot. I've been told that only newer sticks from the last year or so will boot, but don't know if that is true or not.

Bought a Kingston stick and that does boot on the third or 4th attempt.

guff daddy

Registered
Well I tried a 1GB PNY and a 2GB some other make.

The only Kingston I have is a 16GB - overkill but if it works I can look at getting a 2GB

guff daddy

Registered
Boot image is Multiboot Cuberevoe from link against the rules
Main image SIFTeam R10513

Last edited:

keano16

Donating Member
Right I have tried to do what you have done here ( bored today with nowt to do ).

OK with sifteam 10513 you have the multiboot already built in to the image so you don't need the extra cfg.

Now with this image I could not get E2 to load via multiboot. All I got was multiboot message and booting.

I have just flashed box with abcom9580 and then installed the extra multiboot cfg. Booted box and pressed 5 and it worked and now E2 is running fine.

So try 9580 in flash with the multiboot file and then start box and press 2 or 5, now it does say about 6 seconds but I found I had to hold number 5 on RC for over 30 secs.

catseye

Registered
I thought he was referring to having the orginal nlb image in flash & then adding the multiboot option image 'on top of that'

Ive got latest sifteam r10513 in flash (with multiboot option included with flash image)& works fine on Cuberevo box

Press & hold 2 on remote to boot from USB stick

Press & hold 3 on remote for original flash image

It should display multiboot option on front panel when loading

guff daddy

Registered
I thought he was referring to having the orginal nlb image in flash & then adding the multiboot option image 'on top of that'

Ive got latest sifteam r10513 in flash (with multiboot option included with flash image)& works fine on Cuberevo box

Press & hold 2 on remote to boot from USB stick

Press & hold 3 on remote for original flash image

It should display multiboot option on front panel when loading

I've done that - it shows MULTIBOOT 2 on front panel but doesn't go anywhere after that. I've left it for about 30 minutes or more but no change...

guff daddy

Registered
Are you supposed to hold the button down on the RC for long, or just until the display says MULTIBOOT 2 or whatever?

frostie

Registered
Only until it displays Multiboot 2, about 5 secs. You don't have to wait for 30 mins, usually 20-30 secs if its going to boot. If Multiboot 2 hasn't disappeared by the time the blue light stops flashing I reset the box and try again.

There are a couple of errors in the procedure:-

In step 20 it should be mount -t

and in the 2nd step 22 (actually step 26) as pointed out in an earlier post you should type sync after the prompt appears before rebooting the box (this makes sure that everything has been written to the stick).

I've just been trying another stick as the Kingstons are a bit large. At first that wouldn't boot, but it seemed strange that it appeared to have 4 partitions originally. I've just finished formating it in my computer with FAT32, then followed the sticky and it now is working.

Best of luck

catseye

Registered
I've done that - it shows MULTIBOOT 2 on front panel but doesn't go anywhere after that. I've left it for about 30 minutes or more but no change...

Reflash image it sounds like it might not have loaded properly

Check its right version for your box type

On mine after selecting 2 or 3 it boots fairly quickly 5 seconds or so

Also check your usb stick is pushed right in the back otherwise it could stay in loop