Missing satellite channels on search

chris0147

Registered
Hi all,

I need your help. I have got a problem with searching for the satellite channels. When I use automatic search to search for the channels on hotbird 7 East, 9 East, 13 East, 16 East, 19 East, 23.5 East, 39 East, alot of sports and other channels did not show up on the search list especially sport klub 1, 2, 3 serbia, play sports 1,2, canal sports 1,2,3,4 poland, sky sports 1 and 2 italy, idman tv, Cosomote sport...etc.

And alot of Netherlands channels did not show up on the search for the hotbird 23.5 East as well. It will only show Czech Republic channels and some Croatia channels.

I am using 80cm dish it have got a very strong signals and I am also using the motor to change the hotbird. I am using openatv 6.4 image.

Do you know why the channels doesn't show up on the automatic search?

Does it got blocked or do I need to update the xml file?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

dostoy

Registered
It sounds like you need to add the missing transponders.

If you go to Flysat or Lyngsat, you can find them there.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
i see from one of your posts you are using an Andriod
IPTV Box Wetek Play 2 ??
But using E2 Image OpenATV on it ,
Wetek Play 2 is really not intended to be a satellite box more for IPTV only , so it probably could have a very weak tuner , either that or you are using some random shitty default channel settings list that is obviously totally good for nothing .

load this Channel settings HERE and your problems will all be gone => https://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2037102450&postcount=227

chris0147

Registered
Sorry I'm using octagon sf8008.

i see from one of your posts you are using an Andriod
IPTV Box Wetek Play 2 ??
But using E2 Image OpenATV on it ,
Wetek Play 2 is really not intended to be a satellite box more for IPTV only , so it probably could have a very weak tuner , either that or you are using some random shitty default channel settings list that is obviously totally good for nothing .

load this Channel settings HERE and your problems will all be gone => https://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2037102450&postcount=227

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Go into plugins and install vhannibal list
i assume that is exactly the problem the vhannibal list is not got what he is looking for and only useful for a fixed dish really and missing too much of what OP is looking to watch .
Catseye list is much better and a lot more work goes in to it not just a lazy list that is missing pretty much everything .:(

chris0147

Registered
Thanks for the help guys, ​I think I have found the issue. When I check for the Netherlands channels like fox sports 1, the frequency​​ is 11739. I have check on 11739 V and there is no signals. Do you know what I need to do?

Do I need to contact satellite company to adjust the dish on the wall?

chris0147

Registered
Vhannibal does a motor list

Can they adjust the motor vertical to get better signal?

I have been told that my dB is low which should be 12 but mine is 9.8 which is low.

And I have been told that I need to go in the dish settings but I am not sure how to do this if I have to do it in the receiver?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
80cm dish from your location is good enuff even a smaller dish would be fine too .
Your LNB Or dish needs adjustment probably the LNB needs to be focused better than it is ...Yes 9.8db is little low but its unlikely you will get 12db on a lot of channels something around 10.6 or 11db is about all what you are looking for so its not a major issue and should be fixed very quickly and easily by adjusting just the LNB on the dish arm ...if you cant be bothered to fix this like i suggested a few days ago then yes you will need to
call in your sat installer since he did not obviously do his job very well : ))

chris0147

Registered
Everything is working fine after I have adjusted on the motor longitude so I can get all channels.

But I can't get some channels as there is no signals when I check on the frequency. Do I need to adjust on the motor high value and see if the frequency will get the signals?

chris0147

Registered
80cm dish from your location is good enuff even a smaller dish would be fine too .
Your LNB Or dish needs adjustment probably the LNB needs to be focused better than it is ...Yes 9.8db is little low but its unlikely you will get 12db on a lot of channels something around 10.6 or 11db is about all what you are looking for so its not a major issue and should be fixed very quickly and easily by adjusting just the LNB on the dish arm ...if you cant be bothered to fix this like i suggested a few days ago then yes you will need to
call in your sat installer since he did not obviously do his job very well : ))

I have adjusted the motor longitude from 1.388 to 3.488 and I can receive sport klub 1, but I can't receive sport klub 2 and 3. I have checked on dish pointer and it say that my dish elevation should be 30 degree.

I have checked on my dish elevation which is 52 degree. Is that too high?

If so I will contact sat installer to adjust it so I can receive these channels.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Dish pointer refers to your Dish Elevation NOT your motor Elevation .
30 on your dish elevation could be about right for example mine is 19 ...my Motor Elevation 54 and Latitude 35
your LAT/Long on Dish pointer will be displayed adjust your motor settings to that and importantly make your dish elevation corrected .
this will help obtain signals better but ultimately without a sat meter you will be better advised to contact your dish installed as he will be able to adjust everything properly if he is of any use at all : )
this will help to

chris0147

Registered
I know that, you dont need to tell me.

I don't know what my dish elevation is, but I have attached the pics for you to see so you might know the answers.

My motor elevation:

My dish elevation:

On the dish pointer it say that my LAT should be 51.21 and longitude should be 1.33. I have put my LAT 51.21 on the motor settings and same for longitude.

I can't get most channels so when I look on my dish, the dish elevation is 15 degree. Is that too low?

Dish pointer refers to your Dish Elevation NOT your motor Elevation .
30 on your dish elevation could be about right for example mine is 19 ...my Motor Elevation 54 and Latitude 35
your LAT/Long on Dish pointer will be displayed adjust your motor settings to that and importantly make your dish elevation corrected .
this will help obtain signals better but ultimately without a sat meter you will be better advised to contact your dish installed as he will be able to adjust everything properly if he is of any use at all : )
this will help to

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
on the dish elevation pic its 20 which can not be far wrong at all .
on the motor elevation the motor its set to only 40 in the pic
so obviously low and missing the ARC totally .
you can try take this up to 51 or so mine is 54 for example,
you have not a lot to loose now since you did already make adjustments anyhow to get your set up perfectly right you will likely end up needing to get your installer back anyhow
he will have a sat meter to do this job correctly if he does indeed entertain coming back but its important that when he does align the dish good or bad i would suggest not to touch it without at least having a sat meter at hand without a meter the job is 10 times harder that is why any good installer will always have a sat meter ready with him or in the van ready to go : ))

chris0147

Registered
on the dish elevation pic its 20 which can not be far wrong at all .
on the motor elevation the motor its set to only 40 in the pic
so obviously low and missing the ARC totally .
you can try take this up to 51 or so mine is 54 for example,
you have not a lot to loose now since you did already make adjustments anyhow to get your set up perfectly right you will likely end up needing to get your installer back anyhow
he will have a sat meter to do this job correctly if he does indeed entertain coming back but its important that when he does align the dish good or bad i would suggest not to touch it without at least having a sat meter at hand without a meter the job is 10 times harder that is why any good installer will always have a sat meter ready with him or in the van ready to go : ))

Thanks, I am going to contact him.

Should I tell him to adjust the dish elevation to 32 degree?

And what about the motor elevation??

I need to know so when I see him I will tell him. So hopefully it will help to solve all of the issues.

However I have been told that I have use the wrong bracket.

Is my bracket looks fine to you or do I need to change it to L bracket?

And also do I need to change the longitude and latitude on USALS?

I just want to make sure that I have setup everything in the correct way. :)

Here is the pics:

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
The motor is not sitting square on the Bracket although that would not be easy to get right with such a flimsy weak wall bracket , just not sure why you cut corners especially with the most vital part of a motorized set up ??
you have a lovely nice dish and motor really ideal then you destroy everything with such a cheap terrible wall bracket that is suited for a sky mini dish at best ?
Any wind hits that bracket and the dish and motor is bouncing around like a balloon and that is how your signal will go from a picture to nothing and vice versa .

i would say looking at your pics the dish motor elevation most likely is a bit too high but not massive bad but because that motor is for sure not square on the bracket is the biggest reason that you are struggling in my honest opinion ...
i am glad you asked the question about change it to L bracket because if it was me i really would not think twice
but do not cut a corner buy a really good heavy "L" Bracket
i'd rather see you get a proper bracket and justify calling your installer as you have a great excuse that you decided to get a heavier bracket your installer will thank you for making that vital good choice and you will live to enjoy much better and more stable signals in the long run .

as for USALS i advise to stick to disecq settings for the meantime at least until you have a working set up then worry about dish pointer and USALS etc..Later .
that is just my honest and humble opinion having myself 4 dishes the same size as yours all motorized : )

chris0147

Registered
Oh I see, I made a mistake as I bought the wrong bracket when you suggested me to buy the L bracket when I spoke to you on PM as I did not like it. Oh silly me!!

I'm going to change the bracket to L bracket that come with the same size and I will contact the sat meter to install the new bracker to put them on the wall.

Can I ask how do you know that my motor elevation is a bit too high?

For me it is not too high and it is low, because it is 20 degree and the dishpointer say the elevation should be 30 degree so my dish elevation is too low.

And my motor elevation is 30 degree which is too low, it should be 39 degree.

When I get these done, would I be able to get the channels I want especially sport klub 2 and 3?

What about portuguese channels will they work?

I hope the portuguese channels will work when I change the bracket to L bracket but I dont think it is going to work because of the building that blocked the signals so I will not get the signals when I move the dish to 30west. :(

The motor is not sitting square on the Bracket although that would not be easy to get right with such a flimsy weak wall bracket , just not sure why you cut corners especially with the most vital part of a motorized set up ??
you have a lovely nice dish and motor really ideal then you destroy everything with such a cheap terrible wall bracket that is suited for a sky mini dish at best ?
Any wind hits that bracket and the dish and motor is bouncing around like a balloon and that is how your signal will go from a picture to nothing and vice versa .

i would say looking at your pics the dish motor elevation most likely is a bit too high but not massive bad but because that motor is for sure not square on the bracket is the biggest reason that you are struggling in my honest opinion ...
i am glad you asked the question about change it to L bracket because if it was me i really would not think twice
but do not cut a corner buy a really good heavy "L" Bracket
i'd rather see you get a proper bracket and justify calling your installer as you have a great excuse that you decided to get a heavier bracket your installer will thank you for making that vital good choice and you will live to enjoy much better and more stable signals in the long run .

as for USALS i advise to stick to disecq settings for the meantime at least until you have a working set up then worry about dish pointer and USALS etc..Later .
that is just my honest and humble opinion having myself 4 dishes the same size as yours all motorized : )